Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muzzy Trocar???

Muzzy Trocar???

Anybody tried these yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BowArkie View Post
    Anybody tried these yet?
    If you are referring to the way the tip is made that's been a standard for years. Trocar means three edges or sides, something like that...

I believe BowArkie is referring to the new Trocar broadhead from Muzzy. Saw an ad for it on the back of Feb/Mar 2013 issue of Bowhunter magazine. Looks pretty bad a** and I too am curious to see how they shoot.

seems like they eliminated the only issue, and integrated a nice one piece steel ferrule. Gonna be a great head
    spyder 30

It looks like a ST without one of the blades.
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    PSE Freak 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Grave Digger/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

actually he is referring to the new bh that just came out for 2013 called the trocar ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte2 View Post
    If you are referring to the way the tip is made that's been a standard for years. Trocar means three edges or sides, something like that...
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

There will be haters, doubters, unbelievers and then there will be you proving them wrong

Just so you guys know exactly what this broadhead is...it is the carbon copy of the old Rocky Mountain blitz.

Now that Rage owns Muzzy they put a new name on it, repackaged it and presto.

The old Rocky Mtn blitz.....

Ringing any bells guys?

Ive used the Blitz and like them, great flight and nasty holes. Website says .035 blades, think thats thicker than the MX series. Also about $30 for six heads, Wasp i think, was the last to have a price in that range. Might have to pick some up.
    As far West as you can get...Oh yeah and south too.

Muzzy Trocar???

Quote Originally Posted by whack n' stack View Post

Ringing any bells guys?
    Lol Identical
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Reinventing the wheel
    If you ask for my opinion don't get butt hurt when you don't like it.
    Pope and Young Plywood Hunters of America Unite!

Personally, I see three blades as opposed to four, angled blades as opposed to straight, a fat steel trocar as opposed to a slim shank style and different mounting of the blades. At a glance they may resemble eachother but I think the differences in the subtle characteristics will make different aspects of their performance unique.

I like how offset blades make contact with ribs almost horizontally, guaranteeing it will break them out of the way as opposed to slicing in between them. That's where some two blade hits did me wrong in the past where they slid between ribs and as the deer ran it would open and close the wound hindering blood on the ground. Tricks having four blades will do the same thing and still leave a larger hole but the 3 offset blades should be close and with less friction. The fat steel shank looks like my Grizz trick 125s w/ more of a trocar tip and at only 100grs. which is preferred to just a pointy tip for me. I think it has potential and if I were already a Muzzy shooter I wouldn't hesitate trying them.
    There will be haters, doubters, unbelievers and then there will be you proving them wrong

Deep six compatible! Can't find a rocky mtn blitz or any trick for that matter that can do that... 6pk for 30 bucks?? Hell Yeah!!!

I'd like to know if the blades on these are standard Muzzy or better, harder, sharper blades??

I am going to buy a pack and see what they are about. I am a little aprehensive about Muzzy after a bad expierence but these new heads may be better. The price is fantastic if they are any good.
    Agenda 6
    QAD HDX
    Bee-Stinger
    Black Eagle Carnivore

I'd like to know if the blades on these are standard Muzzy or better, harder, sharper blades??

According to Muzzy's web site the MX3 has .025" blades, the guy in the video at ATA above said the Trocar has .035" blades. That's a substantial upgrade for the blades...

Looks like a great head, I just hope that eliminated the quality issues they had before. I used to shoot muzzy 3 blade 100's but turned away from them after some of the packs I was buying had 2 or 3 that wouldn't spin true. I switched and haven't really looked back but I could see myself trying some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by BowArkie View Post
    Deep six compatible! Can't find a rocky mtn blitz or any trick for that matter that can do that... 6pk for 30 bucks?? Hell Yeah!!!
    I could have sworn I saw a video and they showed the package that the Trocar came in. It looked like a 3 pack to me, I will be shocked if the price is $30 for six heads.

Ringing any bells guys?
    The blitz was literally the best flying broadhead I have ever shot. It really corkscrewed into the target, I'm looking forward to trying the Trocar, even with the larger 1 3/16" cutting diameter, I'll bet it flies like a dart. I'll be trying the 125 version, they said it is designed for crossbows but I'll be shooting it out of my compound. I'm going to shoot the QAD Exodus, Vipertrick, Trocar and Shuttle T (all in 125 grain) @ 80 yards and see what shoots the best out of my set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte2 View Post
    According to Muzzy's web site the MX3 has .025" blades, the guy in the video at ATA above said the Trocar has .035" blades. That's a substantial upgrade for the blades...
    Thicker, yes, but are they sharper than the standard Muzzy line?

I'm always looking for sharpness out of the pack.

Thicker, yes, but are they sharper than the standard Muzzy line?

I'm always looking for sharpness out of the pack.
    Me too and that is one of the reasons I like the Slick tricks and their replacement blades very much.

Their website has the msrp 29.99 per 6 but haven't actually seen any for sale yet

Quote Originally Posted by budtripp View Post
    Looks like a great head, I just hope that eliminated the quality issues they had before. I used to shoot muzzy 3 blade 100's but turned away from them after some of the packs I was buying had 2 or 3 that wouldn't spin true. I switched and haven't really looked back but I could see myself trying some of these.
    Ditto for me. I got tired of havin to buy a dozen heads to get six that would spin true. Sometimes switching out the tips would help, but I eventually switched to a steel ferrule.
    I am the Pilgrim, master: I shall go Always a little further: it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, across that angry or that glimmering sea
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a warrior dies but one.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Woods View Post
    Me too and that is one of the reasons I like the Slick tricks and their replacement blades very much.
    Same her..Tricks are impossible to beat for out of the pack sharpness.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast