Archery Talk Forum banner

Eli vans

3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  rick11743 
#1 ·
Anyone using these indoors?

#2 ·
Not that I've seen, but IMO they are a better indoor option on a single spot indoors than spin wings as they are much more durable.

#4 ·
i use the large IS3's on my arrows (x10's) for indoors. For outdoors, i swap them out with my P3's and use them again next year.

I like to think they catch a lot of air and they seem to do their job well. But I don't think they're all that much better than P3's. certainly better than feathers or vanes though

#6 ·
The Eli Vanes are great. They're quick to stabilize the arrow and are extra durable. Lately, I've been using the iP3 profile on my ACE 570s for outdoor. Yesterday, a couple of my arrows went through my foam target AND the hay bale behind it. The fletched part was stuck inside the hay and I had to pull them through the rest of the way. The vanes were ever so slightly ruffled. All of them were more than fine to shoot. I don't know how the company makes money because I don't have to replace Eli Vanes nearly as often.

#7 ·
EliVanes are GREAT indoor! Ever seen a 4" spinnie? Prety cool looking! Miranda has been shooting them on her 22's for 2 years now. Those are what she shot her 297 with, and what guided her arrows to a 2nd world indoor finish.

#11 ·
They are light and tough. The biggest advantage is for outdoor shooting. They are much tougher than Spin Wings while being almost as light. There are lots of good choices of fletchings for indoor shooting, but recurves outdoors, well, Spin Wings have been the primary choice for many many years.....until Eli and Gaspro vanes were introduced.

#17 ·
There are also multiple profiles for Eli Vanes. Couple that with their durability and it's a Win/Win for me. (Seriously, no pun inteneded.).

The iP3 that I've been using lately for outdoor is Eli Vane's indoor parabolic profile for small diameter arrows. I, too, need all the correction that I can get and yet I don't seem to have much issue with drag as I am comfortably reaching 90m, pulling 39#.

My equipment specs for what I'm talking about are listed below but as much money as we all spend our gear, spending 20 bucks to try on some vanes, no matter what the manufacturer, isn't so bad. Besides, the only opinion that's really worth its salt is your own.

HPX (limb bolts all the way out so that I can clean up my form)
Hoyt Super Rest
brace HT 8.5"
F2 limbs 36# Long
ACE 570 / 100g points/ g nocks / Eli Vane iP3 / 29" carbon to carbon
8190 string 24 strand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.