Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shrewd sight

New Shrewd sight

Really impressed with the tooling and simplicity.

I thought the sight tapes were the greatest idea in sights in a long time.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin Garceau

Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

New Shrewd sight

Pictures? I totally missed it.
    M & M ARCHERY--NUCLEAR-CHICKEN BOW STRINGS GET NUKED!!!!
    HOYT---EASTON---COMPETITION ARCHERY PRODUCTS
    SCOTT--BCY--CBE--AXCEL

Re: New Shrewd sight

I did not.....

Not sure why, just too busy fixing a 20 cent issue after day one.....grrrr

Kevin Garceau

Absolutely, Great Idea on the Sight Plates.. They were laser engraved black Aluminum plates that looked just like LAS Tapes.. They had a hole top and bottom where You could bolt them directly to Their new sight..

New Shrewd sight

Oh cool.
    SCOTT--BCY--CBE--AXCEL

I am vere impressed with Shrewd sight and will have it on my bow when I go to open class. In unlimited now but getting old eyes as my score from Fla proves. I bought the sight plate kit as soon as I saw it. Then I looked at the sight. The 3rd axis adjustment is the best thing since sliced bread IMO.

Shrewd has some top notch stuff. I've been impressed with their v-bar and side bar mounts for a while and that scope housing they put out last year is really well thought out and well built. It doesn't surprise me that they'd have some great ideas and capabilities to put into their sights.

That said, I don't own anything made by Shrewd.... not really sure why...

pics?
    FoggDogg
    >>----->

I couldn't find it in their website. I've got an axcel on order from Lancaster and it keeps getting back ordered and I'm getting frustrated. If someone could post a link to this sight I would appreciate it.

IMG_20130204_144005[1].jpg

IMG_20130204_144025[1].jpg

IMG_20130204_144031[1].jpg

It's too new to have any real pics up on their site yet. Here are a few I snapped of it on my bow. So far I'm very pleased with how it performs. I don't think that they have any left except for a few that are going to Vegas. It retails for $325 and includes an entire set of the tapes, all screws or bolts needed to mount it and to mount your scope to it, and a spacer to go under the bow block in case you need more windage travel than what is available in the sight - if you need more right travel for a right handed shooter for example.
    Shrewd 2013 Sight and NOMAD scope,
    Carbon Express, Bohning,
    TRU Ball, QAD, Alpen Optics

The fletching glue they were selling is the best stuff I have ever found for blazer vanes. After fletching 2 arrows with them this weekend I tried to pull the blazers off this morning, and they will not budge. G Town or something like that is what it was called????

Quote Originally Posted by reylamb View Post
    The fletching glue they were selling is the best stuff I have ever found for blazer vanes. After fletching 2 arrows with them this weekend I tried to pull the blazers off this morning, and they will not budge. G Town or something like that is what it was called????
    You're probably talking about G-Team.....

It's Glen Klawitter's stuff. https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...ntures?fref=ts

I haven't used it but I've heard good things about it. Of course, anything will make AAE's stick so I haven't been unhappy with any of the glues I grab and use.

I used one of the 3DXL Shrewd for a couple of seasons and thought it was very well built sight and did it's job. I still run Shrewd scopes and have been extremely impressed with their scope and quality of the glass. With regards to the options of sights on the market, I have since switched to DS Advantage sights and the quality and machining which goes into them is that of a fine German watch. The quality you get in the DS Advantage sight for the price (very close to the Shrewd) put the two sights in completely different leagues.
    Hoyt Alpha Elite
    Hoyt Contender Elite
    Nuge Strings Test Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by tmorelli View Post
    You're probably talking about G-Team.....

It's Glen Klawitter's stuff. https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...ntures?fref=ts

I haven't used it but I've heard good things about it. Of course, anything will make AAE's stick so I haven't been unhappy with any of the glues I grab and use.
    That's the stuff.....it is the only thing I have found to make blazers actually stick.....

I held that sight at their trailer and it was sweet, to me it was example of shrewd taking a bullet proof cbe sight and just adding the shrewd magic to it. It was clean and precise and very well thought out and I want one. I wish I was good enough they would just give me one.

Quote Originally Posted by tmorelli View Post
    Shrewd has some top notch stuff. I've been impressed with their v-bar and side bar mounts for a while and that scope housing they put out last year is really well thought out and well built. It doesn't surprise me that they'd have some great ideas and capabilities to put into their sights.

That said, I don't own anything made by Shrewd.... not really sure why...
    That's the truth. The v-bar mounts adjust to just about any angle you can imagine and they are built solid. I love their scopes as well. I saw a prototype of the sight and also talked to the designer. If the final product is as good as the description I was getting from the designer it's going to be a top of the line sight especially at that price.
    Natural Born Predator - American made clothing for the predator in all of us!
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates and specials being offered!

what kind of rest is on that bow in the pics???

Quote Originally Posted by drivebytrucker View Post
    what kind of rest is on that bow in the pics???
    Looks like the new Shrewd rest
    Natural Born Predator - American made clothing for the predator in all of us!
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates and specials being offered!

That's a bad sight! I want one!
    Threadz Custom Bowstrings
    LEVEL III INSTRUCTOR
    BRIAN'S CUSTOM LENSES

Is that a magnifier on there? If so, that's a nice design as well.
    FoggDogg
    >>----->

Yes a very powerful magnifier....
    Kevin Garceau

That is the new Shrewd rest in the pics and it is SOLID! No micro adjust but the machining is excellent and very tight. It takes the Best launcher.

The magnifier is great with the sight tapes on there. They are also making a new set of tapes with marks only on the 2 yard increments. 0-2-4-6-8-10 etc.... Makes it easier to see where you really are on the tape. Each sight includes a spacer too that attaches between the bow block and the riser in case you need more travel toward your riser than what is built in.

It keeps getting better and better.....
    Shrewd 2013 Sight and NOMAD scope,
    Carbon Express, Bohning,
    TRU Ball, QAD, Alpen Optics

New Shrewd sight

Is it similar to their old sight or did try trim it down some?
    SCOTT--BCY--CBE--AXCEL

Re: New Shrewd sight

Im not sure of the old sight, but i thought this was pretty light.

Kevin Garceau

New Shrewd sight

I'm glad someone started this thread, I was blown away at how well thought out the shrewd stuff was, the new sight is the best I've seen come out this year and by far they have the best scopes, then I looked down and saw the new launcher and it is built like a rock, I will be setting up my new bow with all shrewd stuff , I like it that much, the pointer on the new sight is the best thought out in the industry and the simplest 3rd axis adjustment of any sight I've seen. Put all that together with some of the nicest most helpful people I have ever met and it's a winning combo. I really hope they let me become a staff shooter , gonna put in the app in Phoenix city
    Bowtech , skips archery , McKinney custom strings , shrewd archery, Gold tip,Scott release,and CBE sights

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast