a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Alien

2013 Alien

Has anyone shot the new Alien yet? I want a better review than what I have seen so far. I haven't shot one yet!

I guess no one has any thoughts on the new 2013 line up huh? I just heard Martin has been bought because a dealer where I'm at told me he's dropping them due to something idk. But I'll still get an Alien no matter what! I guess I'll get one and make my own assessment thanks Martin owners.

2011 Alien X, 72.6#, DL-29", Ultrarest HDX, Cypher 5, x-factor sling and stabilizer and limbsavers.

who did he say bought them?
    2012 Rytera Nemesis -- Limbsaver Windjammer 7" Stabilizer -- Sword Twilight Hunter -- QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away Rest-- Beman ICS Hunter Elite 438 Grains -- Broad heads: QAD Exodus Swept Back & G5 T3!

I shot one and licked it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by native73 View Post
    I guess no one has any thoughts on the new 2013 line up huh? I just heard Martin has been bought because a dealer where I'm at told me he's dropping them due to something idk. But I'll still get an Alien no matter what! I guess I'll get one and make my own assessment thanks Martin owners.

2011 Alien X, 72.6#, DL-29", Ultrarest HDX, Cypher 5, x-factor sling and stabilizer and limbsavers.
    Martin has been bought?

Quote Originally Posted by coastiehunter2 View Post
    I shot one and licked it alot.
    ?what did it taste like?....J/K.....LOL
    A Redneck lost in a yuppie town

Quote Originally Posted by SARASR View Post
    ?what did it taste like?....J/K.....LOL
    I'm sure it was "out of this world"

The Martin dealers in my area don't have any new bows but one, the "blade", they have last years inventory. I seen it but didnt shoot it, its a nice bow but I want the Alien. I will be talking to a guy today about Martin cuz he's a dealer and may order it this weekend. And about who bought them IDK, another dealer told me this yesterday cuz he went to a bow show the other day and checked out their booth. He told me he will no longer carry Martin for reasons he didnt say if any new info I'll pass along but I'm just hearing word of mouth from a pro dealer that went to the show and Martin reps were hush about the information.

I have been all over the web looking for a new 2013 Martin Bow and they don't seem to be out there.

I have a 2013 Alien, LOVE it! Smoother than my older Alien-X's and Alien-Z's, and the limbs are 2" shorter which makes for a more compact bow. It also seem to hold steadier as the riser has less deflex. It seems a little lighter than my older Alien-X.

Really a great shooting bow...probably my favorite at this time!

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    I have a 2013 Alien, LOVE it! Smoother than my older Alien-X's and Alien-Z's, and the limbs are 2" shorter which makes for a more compact bow. It also seem to hold steadier as the riser has less deflex. It seems a little lighter than my older Alien-X.

Really a great shooting bow...probably my favorite at this time!
    I got one on order I have to wait 2 weeks or so, thanks for the review I'm glad you have one they were no existent on here for a bit. I will put pics on here as soon as I get it.

What is the price for the new Alien?
    I live for Bowhunting!
    WASP ARCHERY! HIGHEST QUALITY,DURABILITY, AND MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!!
    God is Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Brook Martin View Post
    What is the price for the new Alien?
    Retail is $800

There is a thread that I started on this (Martin) forum that has all the new retail prices... I'll see if I can find it.

Phantom X4 $450
    Bengal $500
    Alien $800
    Nemesis 35 $850
    Scepter V $900
    Seeker $950

Blade X4 $350
    Prowler $450
    Pantera $550
    Onza XT $650

Thanks I have an older Alien x and love the bow thinking I should get a new one!
    I live for Bowhunting!
    WASP ARCHERY! HIGHEST QUALITY,DURABILITY, AND MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!!
    God is Good!

I signed up on the martin forum but they won't let me post?? Man....love martin bows then I can't post on the site, I know AT site is owned by them so whats up? I can't wait no more for my Alien!!!! lol.

I have been abducted! The 2013 Alien has landed! To those who want one check this out! IMAG1000.jpg
    Took less than two weeks for black carbon finish.

The black carbon looks awesome!

Thanks I thought so too, the carbon gives it more of an "Alien" appearance. When I'm done with it hopefully it will have all carbon accessories.

Let us know what you think once you get it all set up? Interested to hear what you think

It will be awhile before its complete but I'll post a review here to the best of my ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablain View Post
    Let us know what you think once you get it all set up? Interested to hear what you think

I have one and it shoots great, lighter & smaller than previous ones.

Well lets me see, a short review of my 2013 Alien.

The first thing I noticed about the bow was the finish; (Black Carbon) The finish was nice but I wish they would have put a sealer on the riser and limbs but no problems so far.
    Second; when I grabed the grip, it feels alot better than my alien x, it just sits better, feels more natural.
    Third; I looked over the whole bow and I just got to say theirs nothing like it on the market, its own catergory. Very Alienish!
    Fourth; Its very light, at 3.5 pounds it feels better than most other bows I shot. I shot alot of different bows and never shot this at all just bought it, then when I shot it for the first time....man.
    Fifth; the draw, when you pull it back fast...theres a bump but when you pull it slow its just smooth.....all i can say smooth. I'm pulling 70lbs. (69.4#)
    sixth; The let off- I can hold it all day.
    seventh; back wall-is solid rock solid.
    eighth; The shot-the shot was quiet, fast and a little after shock (From a scale 1-5, I give it a 1.75 shock rating) but putting on a NAP black stabilizer reduced it.
    ninth; Speed- I dont have a chrono but I can say I think its faster then my alien x. I will clock it soon but as of now no.
    Now to compare it to the big boys! Well I shot the Experience, creed, chill, some hoyts, elites and bears. All I can say the Alien can hold its own! I paid less for a similar performing bow and the rest went into my accessories.

that grip is better i think also. it is on my nemesis and scepter V everyone that shoots it loves it
    myarcheryclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by archerdad View Post
    that grip is better i think also. it is on my nemesis and scepter V everyone that shoots it loves it
    I agree with you 100%, and the nemesis and scepter V are awesome bows.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast