a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 Alien

yes I think the bow is awesome and I'm glad the cams aren't hitting your strings.

Quote Originally Posted by 206313 Alien View Post
    So I was getting custom strings put on my Alien and the guy noticed something wan't right so he took it back and they set up another one and it is the same way the string is hitting the cam where the cables attach so native 73 I am wondering if yours is doing this?
    I'm a bit confused. Can you detail what you mean by the string is hitting the cam where the cables attach?
    Is this at rest or at full draw?
    Can you post a pic of this?
    Martin Archery/Rytera
    Strother Archery
    Advantage Custom Strings
    Black Eagle Arrows
    Magnus
    Sword Sights

Quote Originally Posted by 206313 Alien View Post
    yes I think the bow is awesome and I'm glad the cams aren't hitting your strings.
    20613 Alien,

I was shooting my Alien last night and I remember what you had said. Then I looked at my cams and noticed my top cam mods don't touch but my bottom cam and cable slightly touching the module, is this what your stating?
    If so I was told its normal, there is NO wear of the serving or cable, it is so minor I can slide a paper thru the gap with little resistance.
    I have no worries about it, but its good you noticed it because I didn't.
    The bow performs flawlessly, I'll be putting on a new sight on it soon...a spot hogg, "hogg-it" seven pin on my Alien.

Well I'm trying to figure it out myself I gave my bow to a young man I have known all his life, he has alot of knowledge about bows, he talked me into changing to custom strings. He felt something wasn't quite right and he noticed the string touching the cam so darned if he didn't go ahead and take it back to where I bought the bow,so I haven't seen it ,still waiting to hear from the retailer. when he took the bow in they got another Alien out and it was doing the same thing so maybe it is normal but anything rubbing can't be good can it.

So now i'm wondering if this is common to the nitro cam

my scepter V and old silencer had the same issue with the cable rubbing the side of the mod. my buddy had the same issue with his firecat as well. although this has seemed to be a regular issue it doesnt seem to result in a big problem. my suggestion would be check to make sure that the mod is not clipping the cable when the bow is let down. if so make sure the cables are to the length of specs, check that regularly due to cable stretch. if that keeps the mod from clipping the cable you would be good if not my next suggestion would be gettig a custom string set and have the least amount of strands as possible while still sticking within the materials suggested strand counts and go with a slightly thinner and stronger serving.

Here is a pic of my bottom cam, I tried to take a top pic of the cam and the module but didn't look good couldn't see anything. you can see a side view of the bottom Alien cam. Like I said I was told its normal and nothing to be concerned with its how it was designed I guess, the pic is of the bow at rest but when its at draw I believe it don't touch. A gap is there.... that I can slide a paper within the gap. You can notice there is no serving wear and I shoot a lot.
    IMAG1077.jpg

if you can slip paper between the mod and cable than you will be fine. martin is trying to keep tolerances as tight as possible. the shorter bows such as the alien, onza, prowler, etc. dont seem to have as severe of an issue with this because the angles created by the cable guide and shorter A to A keep that cable pulled away a little more that the longer A to A bows

Yeah I'm not concerned with it, once I was told that's the way it is that's it, I got no problem with the bow....shoots fine. I'm shooting out to 80 yards with my Alien and seven deadly pins spot hogg. I'm switching it out for a hogg-it 7 pin. Putting 7 deadly on another bow I'm getting. I hope that onza 3 I want is still there!

i would be to concerned either. as long as it tunes and every thing is in good working order any bow will shoot well with no issues. ifbyou change elovations or as we move more into summer and temps rise i would check it quickly do to affects on the string but with that much room you shouldnt have any issues

I guess they are sending it back to Martin Archery to let them have a look, like I said I didn`t see it but I trust the young man and he believes there is a problem hope it doesn`t take long

Well let me know what happens. show some pics!

I'm thinking of buying a '13 Alien....from the reviews I have read its a good bow and the YouTube vids I've seen show that its damn near noiseless...and it looks awesome and from my research I can pick one up for pretty cheap....is the bow worth it???? Is it fun to shoot???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123