Archery Talk Forum banner

2013 Alien

11K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  Whiplash07 
#1 ·
Has anyone shot the new Alien yet? I want a better review than what I have seen so far. I haven't shot one yet!

#2 ·
I guess no one has any thoughts on the new 2013 line up huh? I just heard Martin has been bought because a dealer where I'm at told me he's dropping them due to something idk. But I'll still get an Alien no matter what! I guess I'll get one and make my own assessment thanks Martin owners.

2011 Alien X, 72.6#, DL-29", Ultrarest HDX, Cypher 5, x-factor sling and stabilizer and limbsavers.

#8 ·
The Martin dealers in my area don't have any new bows but one, the "blade", they have last years inventory. I seen it but didnt shoot it, its a nice bow but I want the Alien. I will be talking to a guy today about Martin cuz he's a dealer and may order it this weekend. And about who bought them IDK, another dealer told me this yesterday cuz he went to a bow show the other day and checked out their booth. He told me he will no longer carry Martin for reasons he didnt say if any new info I'll pass along but I'm just hearing word of mouth from a pro dealer that went to the show and Martin reps were hush about the information.

#10 ·
I have a 2013 Alien, LOVE it! Smoother than my older Alien-X's and Alien-Z's, and the limbs are 2" shorter which makes for a more compact bow. It also seem to hold steadier as the riser has less deflex. It seems a little lighter than my older Alien-X.

Really a great shooting bow...probably my favorite at this time!

#23 ·
Well lets me see, a short review of my 2013 Alien.

The first thing I noticed about the bow was the finish; (Black Carbon) The finish was nice but I wish they would have put a sealer on the riser and limbs but no problems so far.
Second; when I grabed the grip, it feels alot better than my alien x, it just sits better, feels more natural.
Third; I looked over the whole bow and I just got to say theirs nothing like it on the market, its own catergory. Very Alienish!
Fourth; Its very light, at 3.5 pounds it feels better than most other bows I shot. I shot alot of different bows and never shot this at all just bought it, then when I shot it for the first time....man.
Fifth; the draw, when you pull it back fast...theres a bump but when you pull it slow its just smooth.....all i can say smooth. I'm pulling 70lbs. (69.4#)
sixth; The let off- I can hold it all day.
seventh; back wall-is solid rock solid.
eighth; The shot-the shot was quiet, fast and a little after shock (From a scale 1-5, I give it a 1.75 shock rating) but putting on a NAP black stabilizer reduced it.
ninth; Speed- I dont have a chrono but I can say I think its faster then my alien x. I will clock it soon but as of now no.
Now to compare it to the big boys! Well I shot the Experience, creed, chill, some hoyts, elites and bears. All I can say the Alien can hold its own! I paid less for a similar performing bow and the rest went into my accessories.

#26 ·
i like this bow a lot liked my alien x a lot as well i wish they would do a solid flat black finish instead of the crappy carbon look i would have one best of luck to u with your alien great bows for the money for sure...

#29 ·
The Alien is my favorite bow, I shot many others but I wanted to buy the Alien first. I got another bow in mind "BT" Exp. but that will wait. If anyone wants to get an Alien...get it its an awesome bow, you won't regret it, if you do oh well, maybe the bow didnt pick you! lol. I will post a pic of mine tonight, its done, nothing else to put on it, it needs no more dampeners. everyone I know likes it or wants to get one but I tell them archery is expensive so be prepared.

#30 ·
Bow and arrow Compound bow Bow Archery Wheel
This is my set up so far, I know the pics not very good its from my phone (evo 4glte).
Its my 2013 Martin Alien, 69.4# DW (70#), 29" DL, Black Carbon finish. It has a black peep site, BCY D-loop, Martin string silencers. The sight is a Spot Hogg 7 deadly pins with a rheostat light. The rest is a NAP Black Carbon Apache, stabilizer is a NAP 8" black Carbon Apache. Wrist sling is neoprene-some bone camo.
I'm not done yet, I'll be putting on a Spot Hogg scope lens soon with the visor, new strings once these begin to wear (Winners choice) all flo-green 8190 extremes. The bow is quiet enough I wont put no more dampeners on her, shes got three VEM's. I'm shooting gold tip xt hunters so far with flo-green nockturnals. I'll be getting some victory VAP's with perpetrator 2's soon. She shoots nice, quick but not blazing fast, again I'll chrono asap. When I'm finished dialing her in I'll be shooting hopefully 80 yards. Well there you go!

#33 ·
The Alien shoots awesome. I can compare it to last years XT and it is all around a better shooting bow, not that XT shoots bad by any means. Smaller & lighter, holds great on target is quiet and fast. Just all around a joy to shoot. Shot a 412 out of 420 at a local 3d shoot yesterday with pins and smoked everyone including the FS guys! If you're in Western Wash and want to try it, let me know!

#34 ·
I was just wondering I bought a 2013 Alien but have no experience with bows, so did you have to tune it or do you have to tune every bow? the screws on the cams keep loosening should i lock tight them in? Did you change the strings right away? I have been shooting alot with it I really enjoy shooting. I really like the feel and the looks of the bow. I wish I knew more about it so I don't end up buying so much stuff i don't need.

#35 ·
yes every bow has to be tuned. you can use a good many number of things on the module screws. string wax being one of them some guys ues cler fingernail polish, loc-tite has many great options in that area also. i don't know what the 2013 strings are like but usually custom strings are better than factory strings, you do not have to change them right away but if you wish to you can.

this forum was created for archers to learn and be able to ask questions. therre is a also a search feature that is invaluable for learning from. if you don't see what you want to know just ask. people will give or get you an answer most of the time.
congrats on the new bow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.