a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axe Broadheads By Antler Insanity

Axe Broadheads By Antler Insanity

Got a pack of the battle axe and of the bone crushers today. These broadheads look amazing! They are both 2" cut. I know these guys have killed over 40 animals with them and are loving them. Cant wait to try them out this coming season PS: Their customer service is top notch also! UPS sent my broad heads to the wrong state and Scott (CEO) sent me free heads to make up for it! Very pleased with this company so far. I'll post up some feedback about how they fly. They say they will fly with field points passed 60 yards.

08' Bowtech 82nd Airborne with all the goods! 331 fps @ 29" 65# 334 grain arrow.
    GOD, FAMILY AND THE OUTDOORS!

Quote Originally Posted by Deerslayer 28 View Post
    Got a pack of the battle axe and of the bone crushers today. These broadheads look amazing! They are both 2" cut. I know these guys have killed over 40 animals with them and are loving them. Cant wait to try them out this coming season PS: Their customer service is top notch also! UPS sent my broad heads to the wrong state and Scott (CEO) sent me free heads to make up for it! Very pleased with this company so far. I'll post up some feedback about how they fly. They say they will fly with field points passed 60 yards.
    post a pic of the heads if ya can bud ..

pic of the heads?

Here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TEAM 11 CAPED & QUARTERED
    HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC CUSTOM BOW SLINGS, RANGEFINDER LANYARDS, BINOCULAR LANYARDS, DUCK/GOOSE LANYARDS, BIRD TOTES, NECK LANYARDS, SURVIVAL BRACELETS, DOG COLLARS, KEY FOBS
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK-HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES, LLC PRO STAFF- TEAM MICHIGAN

They have great pics of them on the website & face book. Better than what I can take. Saw a buck drop in less than 50 yds just now on OC.
    08' Bowtech 82nd Airborne with all the goods! 331 fps @ 29" 65# 334 grain arrow.

expandable no thanks

How long you have to wait for them to come. I ordered mine 1/12
    Obsession Sniper GT Stormy Original 65lb
    Obsession Sniper GT Blackout 70lb
    Hogwire Strings/Black Eagle Rampage Arrows

not a fan of 2 blade. people need to learn that "total cutting surface" is more important than "cutting diameter". the only way i would use a 2 blade BH was if i was shooting a bow with lower KE and MO.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

The blades don't open until after it's in the animal. If you don't get a pass through, you won't get a blood trail.
    The Swacker is the same way. No pass through, no blood trail.

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanbender View Post
    How long you have to wait for them to come. I ordered mine 1/12
    I waited almost 3 weeks but they are getting them now so should be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
    not a fan of 2 blade. people need to learn that "total cutting surface" is more important than "cutting diameter". the only way i would use a 2 blade BH was if i was shooting a bow with lower KE and MO.
    I'll take a 2" cut over a 1.5" 3 blade any day. 2" of cut IS more cutting surface than 1.5". If you cut a 1/4" thick artery with a blade it doesn't matter how many blades there are. Cutting vitals is what's important. If I hadn't had a 2" cut back in 07' when I shot my 165" 10 point, I honestly don't think I would have found him. I hit the main artery across the back. To each is own though. If you've had good luck with a 3 blade, then good for you.

looks like a grave digger copy...just saying
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Quote Originally Posted by bambikiller View Post
    looks like a grave digger copy...just saying
    You obviously don't know what your shooting then. Grave diggers open just like a spitfire from the front and you lose a ton of KE on impact. Grave diggers also don't use any bands. These open after they go in the animal to increase penetration. You don't lose any KE on impact with these. I'm no spokesperson for them but with a slightly quartering shot or broadside shot, there's no way an arrow won't at least put a huge hole in the opposite side of the impact. Axe has taken modern technology and tried to make it better. Guess we will have to wait and see what they do next hunting season but I can tell you this, they have killed over 40 animals with them in one year. These heads will most likely get pass thru's even with 40 ft lbs of energy. With 76 ft lbs like I have, they will be sick!

actually you dont have a clue apparently they open the exact same ....after entering the animal...so yes just like a grave digger as i stated...dont believe me pm dale ...curved blades as a grave digger ..and grave diggers dont open like a spitfire ...again who doesnt know what they are shooting .? its a copy with an o-ring...im sure they will do good ..just as the grave digger has ... copying a design is the greatest form of flattery
    You obviously don't know what your shooting then. Grave diggers open just like a spitfire from the front and you lose a ton of KE on impact. Grave diggers also don't use any bands. These open after they go in the animal to increase penetration. You don't lose any KE on impact with these. I'm no spokesperson for them but with a slightly quartering shot or broadside shot, there's no way an arrow won't at least put a huge hole in the opposite side of the impact. Axe has taken modern technology and tried to make it better. Guess we will have to wait and see what they do next hunting season but I can tell you this, they have killed over 40 animals with them in one year.
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

I'll take a 2" cut over a 1.5" 3 blade any day. 2" of cut IS more cutting surface than 1.5". If you cut a 1/4" thick artery with a blade it doesn't matter how many blades there are. Cutting vitals is what's important. If I hadn't had a 2" cut back in 07' when I shot my 165" 10 point, I honestly don't think I would have found him. I hit the main artery across the back. To each is own though. If you've had good luck with a 3 blade, then good for you.
    wrong, a 3 blade 1.5" cutting diameter broadhead provides 2.25" of total cutting surface. last time i checked, 2.25" is larger than a 2". by the way, i shoot a 2" 3 blade Grim Reaper which provides a 3" total cutting surface. like you said, shoot whatever you like and are comfortable with.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

Nevermind

Mine came today. Got a set of each. The AXEs look like a sleek grave digger. Which on sethro's broad head shoot out did awesome.
    Looking forward to testing them out.

I currently shoot the grim reaper SS so ill see how they stack up. Weather permitting.

I think these will perform.great! Little nervous about the bone crusher not having any cut on contact tip. Penetration won't be an issue though.

Lots of broadheads don't have COC tips. Ulmers, Ramcats, Rages, ect. But all seem to get job done.
    Think the extra COC of the Axe will just be a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanbender View Post
    Lots of broadheads don't have COC tips. Ulmers, Ramcats, Rages, ect. But all seem to get job done.
    Think the extra COC of the Axe will just be a bonus
    Only worried about the entry hole since they open after entry.

Ulmeredge!
    SCREENMAN

They look similar to the ''not on the market anymore'' Hypershock. Hypershock did a great job for me last year at turkey. So i ordered yesterday the battle axe to give it a try next spring. I have no doubt it will be as good or better than my Hypershock for turkeys.

i have been using swackers since they were sonoran & they work the same, killed moose, deer, bears & more with them rarely have a animal go 50yards,last moose i shot went 20yds no exit didnt need to track but there was a blood trail from the entrance
    looking for a new bow
    2012 new breed eclipse Samurai Edition doinker dish quad hdx
    bowtech destroyer 340,doinker dish,spott hog 7dp quad hd with baldyhunter strings

Quote Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
    i disagree as a multi head blade generally has a much lower mechanical advantage. in short this means your arrow does less work with a given amount of energy than a head with higher mechanical advantage.

it's not really an arguement but rather basic physics.
    we owe you nothing

Is it possible to see a picture of em once closed please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast