Thread: Excalibur matrix or Parker Tornado F4

Excalibur matrix or Parker Tornado F4

Does anyone own either one? If so, have you had any issues? Any response would be appreciated. I was at Cabelas over the weekend and the salesman said he has had many Tornado f4's returned because of limb issues. Thanks.

Pinshooter would be the guy to answer that question, he has owned both of those bows. I bought his F4 and I really like it. It is super easy to cock, and very accurate.

I can't speak on behalf of the Matrix, but I will say, that xbow intrigues me. My concern, is the ability to cock it. Even if I could, how would it be to cock it over, and over, and over again for a long shooting session?

Let me explain. I have a Scorpyd Ventilator 150. Only 150# to cock. Then, I have a Parker Gale Force xbow and it's 165#. Hands down, my Parker is the easiest crossbow to cock I've ever shot. Parker advertises that it's cocking effort is reduced by 50% compared to other crossbows and I thought it was just advertising hype. That was, until I bought my 150# Scorpyd Ventilator. I couldn't believe how much more difficult it was cocking my Ventilator over cocking my Parker Gale Force.

I love shooting my Ventilator just for the pure speed and performance, but after a dozen shots or so, I'm worn out cocking it. When I shoot my Parker GF, I feel like I can shoot it all day long.

I really like my Gale Force (very similar to the Parker Tornado F4 - just 10 fps faster). The bow shoots awesome, and will shoot just about any arrow I try very accurately, unlike the Ventilator, which is very arrow weight/spine finicky.

So, while I can't say anything about the Matrix, I know without a doubt you would love the compact, light weight, shootability of the Tornado F4.

Also, when comparing performance (ie. speed), don't forget that Excalibur's speed rating is with a 350 grain arrow/bolt, whereas the Parker Tornado F4's performance is with a much more realistic, and commonly used 400 grain arrow/bolt. I use 400gr 20" bolts with my Parker GF, and 425 gr with my Scorpyd Vent. I would never feel comfortable shooting anything lighter, so if I was using the Excalibur, I would lose quite a bit of performance.
    Present to Past: 14' BowTech RPM 360, 14' Xpedition Xcentric, 14' Hoyt Faktor Turbo, 14' Carbon Spyder Turbo, 14' Elite Energy 32, 13' Bowtech Insanity CPX, 13' Spyder Turbo, 13' Spyder 30, 12' Carbon Matrix Plus, 12' Carbon Element RKT, 11' Carbon Element, 11' Hoyt CRX 32, 10' Carbon Matrix, 10' Strother SR-71, 10' BT D350, 10' BT D350, 07' BT Guardian, Black Widow PAX, Hoyt Buffalo, 12' Parker Gale Force, 12' Scorpyd Ventilator

The Matrix 380 is a great bow. It handles and shoots outstanding, and is very light weight. The downside is for extending shooting sessions it really works on my lower back but I'm tall so that doesn't help either. If I could have a "do-over" I would get the Matrix 355. JMO

The F4 is one of the bows I managed to play with in Harrisburg last week, I was very impressed with it shoulders great for me, the attendant said they have had zero issues with them

I have the older tornado not the f4. I love it! It handles well, balnces perfect for me and is easy as pie to cock. Never had a second of trouble with it. Never owned a excal so i can't give you any input on the matrix.

This is a tough questions because you are comparing apples to oranges with recurve vs. compound. The way I think I would go at it is to figure out what type of crossbow you want and then narrow it down from there.

pinshooter sold his matrix 380, ordered a stealth ss and has now ordered a parker galeforce
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Pin, am I reading this right. No more stealth

no you are not ss is still coming in....galeforce is an addition

btw the matrix is a good bow. it was just not for me. we all like different things. I like a quiet bow and one that is forgiving on arrow selection.
    Matrix 380

The stealth ss is the bow that might make me switch this year. Cant wait to shoot it!

Pin, I got a Galeforce if ur interested....just sayin..
    PA Crossbow Federation
    Proud Member of Scorpyd Nation
    Sin Twisters Vent 114 & Vent 112-- torqued up by Mainstreet!

why would you get the 355? I just sold my Exomax and i'm looking to get a shorter bow. I'm 5'7" tall and used to pull that Exomax. The big pound Crossbow you zero it and hunt. there are not target bows. I just got a Vixen 2 for my wife, but i plane on shooting a lot. It's a tack diver. so easy to pull. i pulled my friends, it was so easy compere to the Exomax. I'm thinking about the 355. the 380 is not going to kill them any faster. DEJ

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPSUfan View Post
    Pin, I got a Galeforce if ur interested....just sayin..
    well I already committed with David on one but thanks!
    Matrix 380