Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prime Defy mini review

Quote Originally Posted by WadeRolandJames View Post
    I will close my mouth then... I'm just blessed due to the fact that I wasn't born a leftie then...What specs did you order?
    I ordered the Defy in 60lbs, 29" DL in optifade open country. I was really torn weather to order the Impact or Defy, but I seemed to hold the Defy better for some reason and since I mostly hunt I figured the Defy would be better for me now.

Thanks. I have a Defy coming. Looking forward to its arrival.
    Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentown View Post
    Just to let you know, my G5 peaked right under 70#'s. Last years went way over (75 on 70 limbs) and they changed that so that peak is really peak.
    This is why I was curious because years prior they were coming in at 75#

Thanks for the info
    >>-----------> OT7 CUSTOM BOW TUNING <-----------<<
    GIVING YOU TRUE ARROW FLIGHT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    www.facebook.com/OnTarget7Shane
    970-301-0706

Nice rig. If its anything like the Impact it is a great bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtd0314 View Post
    Shane, it peaked at 72 # and we have it set at 70. I am glad that I decided to trade in the DNA for the Defy.

The draw is very smooth and consistent(Much smoother and not as stiff as the 2012 Prime Shift). It rolls over into a nice valley and holds on target effortlessly. I liked it better than my old Heli-M and 2012 Prime Shift. The setup and tuning is soooooo simple. I picked it up last night and eyed the centershot. I obtained a bullet on my third shot through paper with a Maxima Hunter 350 with both 100 grain and 125 grain tips. I adjusted my sight then it was on to broadheads. I screwed a PHAT Head SOB on my Maixma Hunter 350 and at 30 yds it was the same point of impact as the field point. I think this bow will be hard to beat for hunting. The fit and finish of the Prime bows are second to none. I think the Defy will be around in my fleet for a while.
    Thanks but I have really become found of the Hybrids/Cam 1/2 for my personal taste.

The Prime line is definitely a sweet system thou.
    >>-----------> OT7 CUSTOM BOW TUNING <-----------<<
    GIVING YOU TRUE ARROW FLIGHT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    www.facebook.com/OnTarget7Shane
    970-301-0706

Still waiting for the Defy LH to come in. I think that G5 has made the 2013's better than the 2012's which were sweet shooting bows very accurate. The wait is a little long but I have a lot of time before hunting season.
    2014 LH XPEDITION XRING6
    2012 LH PRIME SHIFT LR 28 DL 60#

Quote Originally Posted by mxz500ss View Post
    Still waiting for the Defy LH to come in. I think that G5 has made the 2013's better than the 2012's which were sweet shooting bows very accurate. The wait is a little long but I have a lot of time before hunting season.
    That's true. I'm in the same boat, but with the amount of snow your area is expected to receive tis weekend and by the username you go by I would be fully taking advantage of all the snow you guys are about to receive! I'm a Doo man myself!

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheHun View Post
    That's true. I'm in the same boat, but with the amount of snow your area is expected to receive tis weekend and by the username you go by I would be fully taking advantage of all the snow you guys are about to receive! I'm a Doo man myself!
    I would like to see the snow more up into northern Vermont that is my primary riding area and where my sled is kept just want to put some miles on my Doo.
    2014 LH XPEDITION XRING6
    2012 LH PRIME SHIFT LR 28 DL 60#

My dealer had 28 and 29" bows. I'm waiting on 28.5" cams or Defy built that way, whichever arrives first. Have to wait for a sight anyways. Snowing here now, wish it was 70.
    Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by mxz500ss View Post
    I would like to see the snow more up into northern Vermont that is my primary riding area and where my sled is kept just want to put some miles on my Doo.
    I hear you man, I primarily ride in southwest NY south of Buffalo and I've only been able to put on 300-400 miles because of the back an forth weather. Last year stunk and this year is looking almost as bad.

Since most of you are for the Defy, what made you choose it over the impact? I cant decide!!! I was originally all for the defy, now I am swinging to the impact. I cant get ahold of a Defy to shoot probably until outdoorama. I am going to shoot the impact tonight, I dont know if I will be able to hold off until I shoot the Defy.

I will be shooting my first year in IBO 3D and hunting with this bow.

I actually have both the defy and impact. For a 3D bow and hunting bow all in one I would definitely go with the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhawk86 View Post
    Since most of you are for the Defy, what made you choose it over the impact? I cant decide!!! I was originally all for the defy, now I am swinging to the impact. I cant get ahold of a Defy to shoot probably until outdoorama. I am going to shoot the impact tonight, I dont know if I will be able to hold off until I shoot the Defy.

I will be shooting my first year in IBO 3D and hunting with this bow.
    G5 will be at MJC in Clinton twp today from 1 to 5 will there full line to shoot. I guess there having door prizes and food also. Im hoping they have some lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by bone74 View Post
    G5 will be at MJC in Clinton twp today from 1 to 5 will there full line to shoot. I guess there having door prizes and food also. Im hoping they have some lefties.
    I talked with them, no lefties yet. Good thing I am almost as good right handed.
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

Well I guess I will just go to check my draw. I have already shot the righties and love them but wanted to get my exact draw before I order an Impact. The ones I shot where a little short.

Nice review!
    Well, you guys in Michigan are lucky. It's been over a month now trying to contact (email and phone) G5 just to shoot the 2013's. All my local dealers within a 100 mile radius have dropped Prime. Can anyone recommend who I need to contact at G5? Obviously, what I've been doing isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_LA View Post
    Nice review!
    Well, you guys in Michigan are lucky. It's been over a month now trying to contact (email and phone) G5 just to shoot the 2013's. All my local dealers within a 100 mile radius have dropped Prime. Can anyone recommend who I need to contact at G5? Obviously, what I've been doing isn't working.
    I am in south Louisiana also and dying to shoot the impact. My bow guy is opening his own shop now and I was hoping he was going to be able to pick up the prime dealership. That did not work out for him. Congrats to all you guys who are new prime owners. The reveiws being given are making those of us that can't get one in hand jealous!

Brian or Brian at G5 there are two of them so not being a SA. Brian Anderson is my go to guy. They are pricey so I can see if a shop does not have the traffic but in my opinion the rest of the world is just beginning to see what these bows are and the marketing had been minimal until this year. As the word spreads maybe they will get picked back up. G5/Prime are some of the best bows out there but many are afraid to take the chance. Even the Quest line up doesn't get the respect it deserves.
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

Quote Originally Posted by bone74 View Post
    If there wasn't one hundred cars piled up on 696 I would of made it!!!

I am picking up the impact for IBO, just for now. Woot Wooo

Thought my Defy would be here by now
    Phoenix.

I heard the letoff and valley aren't as good as last year, yes, no maybe?
    LH '14 Elite Energy 35
    LH '10 Elite Judge
    LH '10 Elite GT500

Quote Originally Posted by mmiela View Post
    I heard the letoff and valley aren't as good as last year, yes, no maybe?
    I shot both years side by side and here is my take. Last years does have more valley and letoff, but last years kind of had a mini hump and then a dump into that valley that gives you that feel of a deeper valley and that more "locked in" feeling. The 2013's have a very smooth draw all the way back into the wall. No hump and dump. So you don't get the same impression of a larger valley. The valley is still very good. I didn't get the feel that the 2013 bows wanted to take off on me at all. Where the 2013's shine over the 2012's IMO is how quiet they are, and had little to no vibration at all.

How does the defy weight feel vs the 2012?
    Bowtech-Invasion in Moonshine
    Accurate Archery Tuning-ONTARGET7
    SH Archery-Scottie/PA
    Nail by nail, and board by board.

Prime Defy mini review

Shot a Defy today, wanted to like it and it shot very nice, smooth draw all the way back to the wall. Solid wall but zero valley, couldn't relax and no matter what stabilizer I put I couldn't get rid if the vibe.
    LH '14 Elite Energy 35
    LH '10 Elite Judge
    LH '10 Elite GT500

Re: Prime Defy mini review

I shot the defy at a g5 triple threat shoot a cpl weeks ago. I found just the opposite. Lacking valley or backwall. I was shocked how diff it and the impact felt. Did not like the defy at all.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast