a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Draw Length Questions

Draw Length Questions

Hey everyone,

I just got in to shooting bows and picked up a Mission Craze. So far I really enjoy shooting it.

I'm right between 5'7 and 5'8 and from looking at charts online I should be at a 27" draw length based on height.
    The shop that sold my bow to me also measured me at 27" draw length.

When I shoot though I've noticed that to sit at a comfortable anchor point I'm not hitting the back wall of my
    draw. It takes some extra upper body rotation to get to the wall and I feel like that's killing my consistency.

At the end of my last shoot I changed the draw length to 26" just to see how it felt and it seems to be better.
    Right at my anchor point I can feel a solid stop.

I haven't shot at the new draw length (that's tomorrow) but I want to know if I should go with the measured
    length or the draw that I can hit the full draw consistently. Any thoughts?

Here's a picture to show my form in case if that has any factor in your suggestions. This is from two shoots ago
    when I didn't realize I wasn't hitting the back wall, so I probably am not quite there.

http://imgur.com/eK7goq7

Thanks

Judging draw length by "scientific" methods is just a SWAG. You really can't do it in many cases....

If you feel better, and shoot better, with a 26" draw length, go for it. That's the beauty of the Mission bows. It doesn't even require a press to change the draw.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

Okay. I'll see how the shooting goes tomorrow to see if I'll keep it. If I decide to keep it at 26", my arrows (I only bought 3 to start) are cut for a 27" draw. Should I get them cut down or leave them as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bendel View Post
    Okay. I'll see how the shooting goes tomorrow to see if I'll keep it. If I decide to keep it at 26", my arrows (I only bought 3 to start) are cut for a 27" draw. Should I get them cut down or leave them as is?
    For now,
    leave your arrows alone.
    www.nutsandboltsarchery.com
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...=who+wants+dvd
    Send me an email for DVD = $25.00....

alanlui@comcast.net

your form looks good , in my experence its better to shoot with a draw that is slightly short, than slightly long.
    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw , Carbon Express Blue streaks @ 285fps, with Grim Reaper hybrids.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .

your draw length is YOUR draw length... you set the bow up to fit you,... you don't adjust to fit the bow. when people ask me my draw length, I hold my bow hand out in front of me and my draw hand at my anchor, as if shooting and say to them, " I have no idea, but the bow and everything on it has to fit between this"......