Hoyt Excel vs. Titan???

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Hoyt Excel vs. Titan???

I currently have a 21" Excel that I like a lot, but always looking to improve. I don't compete, use bows for hunting. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the two risers as far as hunting combo's go. I know this is subjective, but would it be worth moving up to a Titan, if so, why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

It's a better foundation and IMHO as the cost reflects a higher quality piece of equipment

Not that the Excel is not an excellent entry level bow

IMHO the Titan is one of the finest aluminum risers out there

Design wise a lot of thought has been put into it

Will it make you a better shooter ? I don't know but pride of ownership has always gone along way for me

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Great Topic... I have the same doubt about the best riser, but for me It's for 3D.

I always see comparatives between Excel and Titan. Is there more good options ??? or Are these riser the best ???

Someone can help me ???

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I've shot the TitanIII, and absolutely love it.
    I was actually considering purchasing one, but them not offing it in a 21" held me back.
    I'm glad it did, because I wound up getting the 21"Excel, and must say I absolutely love it also.

The balance of the Excel is just as good as the Titan.
    The only option I see the Titan has over the Excel is the limb alignment adjustment, which is kind of a moot point, since my limbs align perfectly on the Excel.
    I will say, the Titan is a much better looking riser, but calling the Excel "Entry Level" is no where near a fair description.

I am convinced I could have spent a lot more for what are considered higher end "expert level" risers, and been no better off than I am with the Excel.

Rick

EDIT:
    P.S.
    I hated the black plastic grip that comes stock on the Excel, but there is quite a variety of interchangeable grip options for it.
    I put the Hoyt wood ortho grip on it, and could not be happier.

I was considering purchasing a Titan III as well, but bought the Excel instead and couldn't be any happier about the bow and the money I saved. The Excel has all the features I was looking for in an intermediate level bow. I also replaced the plastic grip with an Ortho wood grip. The blackout finished Excel combined with a set of Black Max limbs is a fine shooter! I am sure the Titan is a fine bow too, but I just couldn't justify spending that much coin.

If you shoot both side by side with heavier hunting limbs you will notice a huge difference. The Titan is just dead at the shot and my Excel is a bit lively at the shot. Remember that the Excel was designed to be a kids and entry level target riser, not really meant for the weight that we shoot. IMO get the Titan and you will sell the hoyt.

I agree with marc and JParanee. The Titan III is one of the best risers I've ever shot and I believe stiffer. If yo can afford it buy the Titan.

My limbs on the Excel scale out at well over 60# at my draw, and it's very stable throughout the entire shot sequence.
    I doubt very seriously spending the extra 250 bucks would make it shoot, or feel any differently for me.

I'd still love to have a Titan III just because they really look good, but they don't make them in a 21".

Rick

I've owned both, shot both extensively and can say from experience that I prefer the Titan III. It is designed to be a barebow riser. It balances better without a stabilizer, has pockets within the riser to add weights, is heavier and has very nice limb alignment assembly. The Excel is a nice riser but is quite lightweight does not balance as well without a stabilizer and has no method for limb alignment. It also costs less than 1/2 as much so that has to be a big factor in your decision. My only complaint about the Titan III is that the grip does not fit very well and on a riser that is that expensive fit and finish should be near perfect. I was promised a new one when they become available from Lancasters but have not yet seen it (that was in September btw).
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

The Excel riser will outshoot most people, including myself. I have had both and liked them both. I liked the mass weight of the Titan but I added weight to the Excel by adding a xspot 12 oz weight in the stabilizer bushing. You cant go wrong with either riser. I would rather spend a little more money on a set of quality limbs.

The Titan III Riser with Black Max Limbs or superior, compared with Hoyt Hunting Bows (Buffalo / Dorado / Gamme Master II) for 3D competition and sometimes Hunting.

What do you say me ??? I ask, because I never shoot with none these bows.

Como on Guys, I need your help.

Next month I'll go to the USA to buy my bow and your opnios are very important for me.

Thank you very much.

In addition to the Titan III and Excel (21") I have owned a Buffalo (62" AMO 40#@28"). The Buffalo is a nice bow but limb swaps will run you $300+ and there is no plunger hole to use a plunger and elevated rest. It was designed to shoot 'off the shelf' and works good for that. Of the 3 I still own the Titan III and the others have been sold. All nice, just a matter of what you want from your bow.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope