a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoyt 2014

Hoyt 2014

I really would like a 31 to 33 ata Hoyt with a 6 inch bh that performs really well at my short 27dl.Anyone else want the same!

TEAM #40 NOVEMBER REIGHN

You mean like the Spyder Turbo? That bow is already at those specs.....33 5/8" and 6" bh at your specs....340+ IBO
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

I would like to see a Carbon Turbo

open shelf variants of the Pro comps, particularly the XL

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    You mean like the Spyder Turbo? That bow is already at those specs.....33 5/8" and 6" bh at your specs....340+ IBO
    X2 what Hornet wrote...With the proper tuning/tweeking, the Spyder Turbo will shoot very quick at 27" draw length...My son's CRX 32 shoots 276 f.p.s. @ 62.5# draw weight with 378 grain arrows, peep/loop, (no speed nocks on the string), at 26.5" modules on the Fuel cams...The Spyder Turbo is considerably faster, and smoother.....Try one out, and see what it will do....Jim
    Those who separate Politics, and Morality, will never understand either one....John Viscount Morley

Quote Originally Posted by Vector3270 View Post
    I really would like a 31 to 33 ata Hoyt with a 6 inch bh that performs really well at my short 27dl.Anyone else want the same!
    I's love to have a 38" ATA Carbon Matrix, with a 7.5" plus brace height, NO ROLLER GUARD, and an IBO speed of at least 325.....................Harperman
    Those who separate Politics, and Morality, will never understand either one....John Viscount Morley

I'd like to see a Matrix Turbo.

Hoyt 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Harperman View Post
    I's love to have a 38" ATA Carbon Matrix, with a 7.5" plus brace height, NO ROLLER GUARD, and an IBO speed of at least 325.....................Harperman
    +1 and spirals for an option.
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite (Blackout + spirals)
    2010 Hoyt Carbon matrix (Camo + spirals)

Quote Originally Posted by Harperman View Post
    X2 what Hornet wrote...With the proper tuning/tweeking, the Spyder Turbo will shoot very quick at 27" draw length...My son's CRX 32 shoots 276 f.p.s. @ 62.5# draw weight with 378 grain arrows, peep/loop, (no speed nocks on the string), at 26.5" modules on the Fuel cams...The Spyder Turbo is considerably faster, and smoother.....Try one out, and see what it will do....Jim
    wow thats faster than my vector !
    TEAM #40 NOVEMBER REIGHN

yup my vector 32 @ 27 dl 63lbs and 392 gr arrow is getting 266fps with g5 meta peep and loop and perfect tune.
    TEAM #40 NOVEMBER REIGHN

yup my vector 32 @ 27 dl 63lbs and 392 gr arrow is getting 266fps with g5 meta peep and loop and perfect tune.
    Those chrono numbers seem a bit slow...Even doing the math for 5 g.p.p., and 30" draw , that puts Your IBO speed below what Hoyt lists for that bow, and most Hoyts will be a bit quicker than Hoyt lists them at...Adding in 23 f.p.s. for the 5 g.p.p., and adding in 30 f.p.s. for the draw length, this brings it up to approx. 319 f.p.s. IBO specs...Probably the chronograph.....Take care.....Harperman

the heck with 2014 models, I can hardly wait for the 2015's they are gonna be sick!!!!!!!

How about a carbon matrix elite. Been thinking about this one for about a year.
    3D Bow Open Class:2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite FX Jet Black, 60 lb, Spiral Cam
    3D Bow Hunter Class:2013 Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3 Pearl White, 60 lb, RKT Cam
    Spot Bow: 2013 Hoyt Alpha Elite Red Fusion, 50 lb, RKT Cam
    Hunting Bow: 2012 Hoyt Carbon Element Blackout, 65 lb, RKT Cam
    Something Different Bow: Hoyt Buffalo Recurve 45 lb

Quote Originally Posted by BMG View Post
    the heck with 2014 models, I can hardly wait for the 2015's they are gonna be sick!!!!!!!
    They haven't even finished designing the 2014 models yet
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Hoyt 2014

This is proof that bow hunters cannot be satisfied

2013 Spyder 30
    27" @ 65# Easton Axis--282 fps

Quote Originally Posted by KY_BowGuy View Post
    This is proof that bow hunters cannot be satisfied

2013 Spyder 30
    lol true that

Hoyt 2014

They seem to satisfy my needs with what they offer every year.
    GET SERIOUS GET HOYT

I too would like to see a matrix version speed bow 6-6.5 brace height with 340fps or better keep this going and send it to hoyt

As for me Im staying with the longer ATA's as well as BH............
    .........." You'll have that on those big jobs! "......................... ...
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    "Anti - Crossbow"

I would like to see a updated alphaelite.

im also hoping for a quicker carbon bow in 2014
    PSE Militia
    PSE Evo skulls, pure 75 driven, gold tip xt 300's, 125 viper tricks
    Team 30-Crimson vanes

Hoyt 2014

I know it's blasphemy but I'd like to see hoyt make a more U shaped riser like PSE and get some siiiiick speeds

2013 Spyder 30

Being a hunter, I'm not interested in sacrificing b/h or cam aggressiveness for speed. Higher efficiency in the limbs great... Quieter (can never be too quiet, right) great.... ~ And a 7 inch b/h would close the deal on my first Hoyt. I like the draw of their RKT cams, even @ 70lbs with the #2 cams. (27.5 draw) ~ That's a first for me.

Although I'm not really superstitious: I avoided purchasing a bow this year. (Actually, I didn't purchase anything of significance that was designated a "2013 build.") ~ O.K., so I'm "a little superstitious", but only where hunting is involved..... Bow hunting success is largely a mental game to me, & I don't want to leave any tags unfilled. I'll use every "edge/advantage" I can!
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    My limbs are just fine.... Unlike the '02 TomKat that "detonated" (limbs failed twice) many years ago!

I think people are a little spoiled today, the bows offered today are just head and shoulders above what there was when I grew up. My first hoyt was the pro Hunter, biggest selling point back then was the energy wheel, it was a round wheel on one side and oblong on the other, to give it speed In fact the pro Hunter was a Hoyt/Easton bow. It was about 41 inches long with a 10 inch brace height and if you could break 200 fps you were really cooking. It was a great bow back in the day and especially for us shooters in MN. for it was illegal to hunt with a release back then, so we were all finger shooters. I have owned many hoyts through the years and they were always great bows, well maybe except for the Red Line cams What hoyt produces today is so efficient that I don't see how they can improve upon it, but they will. Hoyt has never been a company that put speed first, making a bow instead that was very shooter friendly seemed to always be top priority. I guess that is why you see so many at the indoor shoots. If you are waiting to get a hoyt that breaks the sound barrier, you will be waiting for a long time, they just continue to improve on what they have, without sacrificing their product. It took about 30 years to go from a pro hunter to a spyder, and I guarantee that when you look back at the spyder in 30 years you will wonder how you even hunted with it. The only problem I see with hoyt, and other companies, is the price of the upper bows is getting to high.

Anything at 37"+ ATA and 325+ ATA will make my private parts tingle. If it's carbon, I'm goingto be reaaaally .. excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Jesus never killed anyone. In fact no one died in Christs presence. Muhammad was a killing machine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast