Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mathews chill rumors or real!??

Mathews chill rumors or real!??

I have heard at 2 diffrent archery shops that mathews is in process of making another bow like the chill except with 5-6" brace height rated at 350 ibo. Any one else heard of this

Havent heard that one yet. Make the back wall more solid and that would be enough. The Chill with a 7"brace is good enough.

i'll take a 6 inch brace with my 25.5 draw
    Bear Motive 6 - Snowed Out - 70lbs - For Sale
    Athens Ibex - Candy Blue - 60lbs
    PSE EVO SD - SKullCamo - 60lbs - For Sale

i heard they have a new comp bow in the works
    Athens testament blackout. Hoyt faktor 34 black

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Hawker View Post
    thats what they really need to be working on
    always swore i would shoot a mathews eating crow love my hoyt lol

Its supposed to be a monster series and monsters are supposed to be fast. Iv owned monster 6 and mr5! But 333 ibo isnt fast. Thats why im looking a 345-350 ibo because of my short 28" draw

Quote Originally Posted by stockcarkid3 View Post
    I have heard at 2 diffrent archery shops that mathews is in process of making another bow like the chill except with 5-6" brace height rated at 350 ibo. Any one else heard of this
    It is NOT in the works-----it's called the Monster series that have been around for a few years LOL. It would make absolutely no sense to do this to the Chill it would be redundancy.
    As far as anything new for the rest of the model year---I haven't heard of anything new coming at all.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Its supposed to be a monster series and monsters are supposed to be fast. Iv owned monster 6 and mr5! But 333 ibo isnt fast. Thats why im looking a 345-350 ibo because of my short 28" draw
    so 333 ibo isnt fast but 345 is?
    proud member of the treelimb assassians
    excuses are words to justify failure
    sword sights and treelimb quivers pro staff

I will say, among the local Mathews owners judging the new Mathews Chill, there was discussion about the loss in performance of 11 fps, comparing the 7" brace height Chill at 333 IBO and the 7" brace height MR7 at 344 IBO.

Many of our local Mathews owners agree, had Mathews been able to maintain performance speeds near the MR7 levels, they would jump on the Chill bandwagon in a heartbeat.

One of the quickest ways for Mathews to boost the Chill's performance without re-engineering the Chill cam is to lower the brace height from 7" to 6" or so.

It might be wishful thinking among Mathews owners, but boosting the performance of the Chill should be a goal for the 2014 model.
    Home of the Free...Because of the Brave!

Quote Originally Posted by sittingbull View Post
    I will say, among the local Mathews owners judging the new Mathews Chill, there was discussion about the loss in performance of 11 fps, comparing the 7" brace height Chill at 333 IBO and the 7" brace height MR7 at 344 IBO.

Many of our local Mathews owners agree, had Mathews been able to maintain performance speeds near the MR7 levels, they would jump on the Chill bandwagon in a heartbeat.

One of the quickest ways for Mathews to boost the Chill's performance without re-engineering the Chill cam is to lower the brace height from 7" to 6" or so.

It might be wishful thinking among Mathews owners, but boosting the performance of the Chill should be a goal for the 2014 model.
    It's not a Monster never will be. I laugh at people that want to compare the two. The Chill is it's own bow. Two cam, that has a smoother pull than the Monster---that is what people asked for, with that comes less speed. To assume it is a lesser bow based on speed is laughable-----it's not a Monster period.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Hawker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bfelver View Post
    thats what they really need to be working on
    I would like to know how people think Mathews could really improve on the Apex/Conquest line? Are you looking for cosmetic changes, because those bows flat out shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    I'm glad I never got caught up in the speed game. In a hunting scenario, 10fps is undetectable. Five years ago, a bow with a 7" BH, 330+ IBO, and a smooth draw was pretty much unheard of.

SCFox

http://mathewsinc.com/product/chill/

Mathews clearly states that this is Monster Chill

Yeah, its called the MONSTER Chill. What are you talking about dude? And just in case it comes up, the ZXT is a Z7 Xtreme with a couple small changes to save money.
    I'm The Dude Playin' the Dude Pretending to be another Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    It's not a Monster never will be. I laugh at people that want to compare the two. The Chill is it's own bow. Two cam, that has a smoother pull than the Monster---that is what people asked for, with that comes less speed. To assume it is a lesser bow based on speed is laughable-----it's not a Monster period.

The first line on the Mathews website, describing the "Chill" is...The Monster® Chill™ gives a new look and feel to the Mathews® McPherson Series® line.

The Chill is part of the Monster series and I realize Mathews decided to give up some speed to produce a smoother shooting, short ATA bow. I'm simply "the messenger", relaying what Mathews owners are saying about the Chill...love the way it shoots, but are not happy about the Chill's performance at 333 fps.

Like it or not, in the real world, Mathews shooters are comparing the Chill to the MR7, when they try to decide which 7" brace height Monster bow they would rather purchase.

The dilemma some Mathews buyers are facing...do they spend $1k on a Chill that might not perform any better than the single cam bow they now shoot?

...OR...do they spend $1k on a MR7 that provides an improvement in performance over my one cam bow, yet gives me a 7" brace height?

Again, had Chill's performance been somewhere around the 344 IBO of the MR7, many buyers would flock to buy such bow. That is one of the concerns archers have had when shopping for a new Mathews. As I pointed out, one the quickest ways for Mathews to up the performance of the Chill is to offer a brace height in the range of 6".

I'm willing to wait for the 2014 Mathews, hoping that Mathews is listening to archery consumers who want a Chill that performs like a MR7...it is doable.

Nope

🎯

Isnt the Chill a shorter ATA than the other monsters? Last year I kept seeing a lot of people wanting a shorter ATA monster and they got one.

So why would it be dumb to make a shorter ATA monster with a shorter brace height? Hmmm?
    Fur: '11 Elite Pure (Max-1)
    Foam: '12 Elite Pure (ninja)
    Indoors: '12 Elite Tour (ninja)
    B-Stinger, Gold Tip, TRU Ball/Axcel, Trophy Taker

Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    Hey.....the Chill is only 96.5% as fast as the MR7. What a slow poke it is
    but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....Romans 8

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    http://mathewsinc.com/product/chill
    I'm The Dude Playin' the Dude Pretending to be another Dude!

I hate to get involved in these kind of things cuz there's always argument, but there are always going to be people that don't understand the concept of a amazing bow except by looking at the ibo, if they look at the ibo spec and its not the highest on the market they don't want it. People just don't understand.......

But anyway back to the topic, I have herd nothing about this new model, but I would really not be surprised if that's what they are planning for 2014, I will ha to ask my pro shop tomorrow if they have herd of anything just to make sure.
    Bow- 2013 Mathews Chill, Lost camo, 28.5DL, 70lb draw
    Rest- QAD Ultra Rest HDX Mthews edition, Black
    Sight- CBE Sniper Pro 5 pin, Black
    Stab- Ktech Hexor 7, Lost camo
    Arrows- Full Metal Jackets, 340s, 100grain tips

he wrong
    2012 Hoyt Alpha Elite: Limb Driver Pro V, Axcel Armortech HD Pro, Doinker Tactical, Specialty Archery Super Peep, Carter Easy 1 Release

Hard to believe he "works" in a pro shop , by far the most unknowledgeable person on here , who gives so much advice to everyone. Even when he gets proved wrong , he still continues to do the same thing lol , I'd be so embarrassed if it were me.

yes, they have something going on............it's called R&D for the 2014 line..........that's what is going on. Mathews isn't one to just throw a new bow out there mid year. Now they might up there release date to Oct. 1st. instead of there past date. But i doubt it.
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Quote Originally Posted by blueahlijr View Post
    I hate to get involved in these kind of things cuz there's always argument, but there are always going to be people that don't understand the concept of a amazing bow except by looking at the ibo, if they look at the ibo spec and its not the highest on the market they don't want it. People just don't understand.......
    blue...first, (in this thread) people should not take the comments about the Chill as trashing the bow or the brand.

If everyone kept their mouth shut and never said a word about what they like and dislike about a bow, how will a company know what archers think about their products?

This is "constructive criticism"...not destructive. I haven't said or seen anyone say that the Chill is not a good shooting bow.

I've been involved in archery for 43 yrs and have been a Mathews owner since 2001. When I look at a new product from Mathews, I judge it and compare it to Mathews bows from the past as well as the present. The Chill looks to be a great bow for hunters who are not concerned so much about the performance standards set by Mathews, when they introduced the Monster series line.

I will be the first to say that IBO speed is but one aspect or quality the archery consumer should be concerned about, when trying to decide their next bow purchase. But lets not act like Mathews has not promoted the speeds and IBO performance of their bows...Mathews does emphasis the performance of their bows, targeting mainly the hunter. The video of Melissa Bachman promoting the speed of the Monster series bows, showing the advantages of having a flat shooting bow, is but one example.

Getting back to the Chill, I believe Mathews is moving in the right direction with most the changes they have made. That does not mean, every Mathews consumer will be 100% happy with each and every change Mathews makes, though.

The Chill's loss of performance puts in the range of Mathews top performing single cam bows, present and past. Not exactly what one would expect from a new model Monster series bow. Speaking for myself, when I look to purchase a new bow, I'm looking for a bow that superior to the bow I now shoot...in other words...I want the most bang for my buck...I want speed, accuracy in a bow that is quiet with a smooth draw, solid back wall and a decent valley. I will purchase the bow that comes closest to matching my expectations.

Again, consider this "constructive criticism" from a Mathews shooter who wants to buy a new Mathews bow and is willing to wait to see how Mathews improves upon the Chill as well as the entire line in 2014.

28 inch draw is short?
    Bear Motive 6 - Snowed Out - 70lbs - For Sale
    Athens Ibex - Candy Blue - 60lbs
    PSE EVO SD - SKullCamo - 60lbs - For Sale

Bet he's not laughing at people anymore..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast