Thread: 2011/2012 - 2012/13 AT Deer Contest All-Stars

2011/2012 - 2012/13 AT Deer Contest All-Stars

Using data from the 2012/13 contest and the previous year’s I compiled a list of “All-Stars”. These are the hunters, who in each of the last two annual contests, delivered 100 or more points for their teams. These are the guys and gals who got it done and who you hope will be on your next team! Note that there are 103 members of this All-Star Team – more than in any prior year (the record was 87 in 2009-11) and that means more hunters have been successful for 2 consecutive years than anytime in the past – and also a higher percentage of contestants are on this list than any year prior. In fact, we had 259 hunters score 100 points or more this season (34.5% of contestants) compared with 244 hunters a year ago and a previous record of 32.4% in 2008-09.

12 rings only
    25ft-up
    2arrow1
    2X_LUNG
    3dn4jc
    50bowhunter
    Alpha Doe
    APAsuphan
    archerynut01
    atwanamaker
    b0hunt3r29
    bartman3562
    Bawana
    bbaker-25
    BDHUNTR
    BOE_Hunter
    boneheadoutdoor
    bow_only_n_ky
    BowChilling
    BowhunterMason
    bowmanxx
    brutus82
    Buckblood
    Buckdt
    Buckeye Buck
    bucknut1
    C&SOutdoors
    cgoehl125
    Ches
    Chromedog
    Chupacabra
    C-NOGLE
    Cornbread
    cunninghamww
    cwoods
    dave308
    deermasher
    dosse
    D-TRAIN
    dx2
    E.J.
    eastkybowhunter
    farmer rick
    flinginairos
    floater
    G2shootR
    G3's
    Gary in Ohio
    gediger
    Hawgfan
    hawkdriver55
    HoodIN
    hunting_4_life
    Idabowhntr
    ILbowhunter79
    ILL BUCK
    ILLbucknut
    IowaRedneck
    IowaSwitchback
    JOSHM
    jwg1976
    kenman421
    krojemann
    ksgoosekillr
    Liv4Rut
    LongbowLogan
    ManOfKnight
    MarineSTC
    MartinMan18
    Matt G
    Midlife Crisis
    Milhouse
    MO/ARK
    moondoondude
    mr_evans2u
    newman39
    nkybuck
    nyarcher
    ohiobowhunter75
    ondavirg
    ONEiiSHOTiiDROP
    outdoorkid1
    outwrage1
    pendejo37
    phk691
    pointndog
    QuietMan
    rcmjr
    rodney482
    scrapejuice
    silver_yummies
    snewton_89
    str8arrow
    SuchLike
    Terry A
    Timber Hawk
    tothewoodz
    TuffBuc
    Vane Shredder
    Whaack
    wibowhuntb&d
    wisesteve
    zmax hunter
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Honored to make this club!
    I came into the world covered in my Mothers blood and I'll leave REDEEMED by the blood of Jesus. All to Him I owe
    ON TARGET FOR CHRIST, mathews c4 and mr8 , Chill X Swhacker 125's
    Sealed in the Beloved and still under construction.
    2012/13 champs "Flatliners"2013-14 champs Magnificent 7 Dream Team 17

I'm an all star!! Haha.
    Waiting on an Iowa giant

14 APA Mamba M34
    06 APA Suphan

haha, maybe a good team should recruit me as the smallest buck I have taken was a 142"....

I'd love to see a 5 or 10 year all star list. Or all the years, a 3,4,5, ..etc, until there is no one left to list. That would be cool. How long has this contest been in existance anyway?
    New Archery Nation Field Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Buckblood View Post
    I'd love to see a 5 or 10 year all star list. Or all the years, a 3,4,5, ..etc, until there is no one left to list. That would be cool. How long has this contest been in existance anyway?
    This year's contest was the 9th annual. Although I did not score the contest during the first few years, I was able to capture lists of hunters who scored over 100 points in the contest - going back to the first one. It would take some work to get at what you want to see. I might get around to it later - after I get my tax work done (I'm one of the "little people who pays taxes" - Leona Helmsley). However, since I did not participate in the first year of the contest I just might not get around to it.... just kidding.

I know that C-NOGLE has scored 100+ points each year - and has had more than 1 buck on the Top 25 List (05-06 and 08-09, which is now off the list). He gets great bucks every year and really puts up the points for his team - every year. Moondoondude is a recent arrival and has had some really sick success the last two years with 2 bucks in the top 7. Matt Palmquist has been in and out of the contest. When he is in, look out - he owns the 1st and the 21st ranked bucks in the Top 25 list. Deermasher is another hunter who knows how to put up some points.

I only I could get out of this tax thing. Maybe someone can get me a pass with the IRS....
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
    This year's contest was the 9th annual. Although I did not score the contest during the first few years, I was able to capture lists of hunters who scored over 100 points in the contest - going back to the first one. It would take some work to get at what you want to see. I might get around to it later - after I get my tax work done (I'm one of the "little people who pays taxes" - Leona Helmsley). However, since I did not participate in the first year of the contest I just might not get around to it.... just kidding.

I know that C-NOGLE has scored 100+ points each year - and has had more than 1 buck on the Top 25 List (05-06 and 08-09, which is now off the list). He gets great bucks every year and really puts up the points for his team - every year. Moondoondude is a recent arrival and has had some really sick success the last two years with 2 bucks in the top 7. Matt Palmquist has been in and out of the contest. When he is in, look out - he owns the 1st and the 21st ranked bucks in the Top 25 list. Deermasher is another hunter who knows how to put up some points.

I only I could get out of this tax thing. Maybe someone can get me a pass with the IRS....
    I would love to see that too. Maybe make the total list of everyone, then after each name put how many years or what years they have made the all stars. Sounds like a time consuming job though. But, once you got it completed this year it would be easier each year after. If you need any help shoot me a pm...I would be happy to help or do it.
    In a world where you can be anything...be yourself.

You can agree with me...or you can be wrong!

Life is GOOD!

Thanks for the response. Get those taxes done. I have that to do myself.
    New Archery Nation Field Staff

Seemed like nothing but bucks kept walking under my stand. When I finially got an arrow off the string on what I thought was a doe it ended up being a button buck. It was enough to get me on the list. Happy to be here.
    2012 PSE Bow Madness XL 60 lbs @ 30"
    2012 Rytera Alien XT Hybrix 2.0 cams 65 lbs @ 30"
    2013 PSE EVO Max 70 lbs @ 30"
    2014 ELITE Energy 35 70 lbs @ 30" (Won it here on AT!!)