Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ten Point Stealth XLT and Stealth SS

Ten Point Stealth XLT and Stealth SS

I am looking at buying either the Stealth XLT or Stealth SS. I mostly hunt with a compound right now but have taken my dad's Carbon Elite and Titan HLX out a few times. For those that have handled and shot both the XLT and the SS, will i I notice a major difference between the two? I really like the XLT and they are on sale right now at my local pro shop, but they do not have the SS right now and I don't know when the will have them in. I hate to buy the XLT without checking out the SS but I am also afraid the pro shop may sell the XLT by the time they get the SS.

I know crossbows like compounds are individual preference and I also need to do the comparison, but do you all think I would be disappointed if I buy the XLT and later get to handle the SS to compare the two. I know there is differences in speed, weight, length, and such, so I was just looking for some insight from those who may have been able to compare the two.

Mathews Z7 73/30
    Spot Hogg Real Deal w/Wrap
    Rip Cord Code Red, K-Tech 5" Twin/ KSB1
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 450s, Nockturnals, NAP Killzone TT
    Mathews T5 Quiver

No one has, to the best of my knowledge, been able to shoot and handle the SS except maybe the Tenpoint reps. Thoseowsbwontbhit the market until April or May I believe..
    V.P. PA Crossbow Federation

DTM SS 330 Black

Wow..the smart phone is really hitting the mark tonight...lol...

DTM SS 330 Black

This is my first crossbow but Ive got a XLT II and it shoots amazingly well.....Trigger is outstanding in my estimation and the Accudraw makes it a breeze to cock......Can't wait to see how the Black Eagle Executioner arrows from Jerry at Southshore are going to shoot......Good luck with whatever you choose

My advice ... wait. I'd wait until you can get your hands on an SS to try it. According to all the scuttlebutt, it's a real honey. She may not be for you, but everybody who has handled one says it's something special. Nothing worse than finding the girl of your dreams after you have a ring on your finger.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

JD, I handled the SS Friday and if I were you I would certainly wait until you can handle it!
    While the XLT II is nice , it has a longer stock as opposed to the bull pup design on the SS, the SS fit and shouldering was just like my SZ 380 and its an awesome feel and fit! and Half the price...
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

I think some here are referring to the Turbo XLT II as opposed to the Stealth XLT that you were talking about. Seems they have handled it...Duke, I hear ya on the whole ring analogy....that's y I will never do that again..so I can find that " dream girl" if she exists..lol..hasn't worked with xbows ....or girls yet...lol..I am looking forward to seeing this new SS..

DTM SS 330 Black

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPSUfan View Post
    I think some here are referring to the Turbo XLT II as opposed to the Stealth XLT that you were talking about. Seems they have handled it...Duke, I hear ya on the whole ring analogy....that's y I will never do that again..so I can find that " dream girl" if she exists..lol..hasn't worked with xbows ....or girls yet...lol..I am looking forward to seeing this new SS..
    Dump a ... crossbow because it wasn't the dream you expected and you never look back. Dump a Sheila and that something following you might be her lawyer...
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

I'm in the same boat only i just bought the stealth xlt back in January and l love it.But I'm reading such great reviews on the ss but haven't shouldered one.
    The ss is shorter lighter but has the proview scope and no thumb safety,Where as the stealth xlt comes with the much better rangemaster scope and has the thumb safety which i prefer.
    I would want to upgrade the scope on the ss for sure with an optimizer (extra cost).

Does anyone have a trigger comparison of the two?

what to do?

Just how much do they want for the xlt? I haven't shot either bow but I've handled both. I always thought the xlt was the best feeling bow in their lineup......until the SS came along. I guess if you could get the xlt for $800 out the door, taxes and all, then it might be hard to resist. The SS is smaller, lighter, supposed to have a better trigger and if looks could kill all you'd have to do is wave the bow at them

Do what you want but IMO the xlt will cost you more cause the day after you see the SS you will have the xlt up for sale.
    John 3:16
    Crossbows....an empty nest right now
    Hoyt Excel riser Black Max limbs

I actually bought the stealth xlt here in the classified for $800 in as new condition they were around the same price as the ss new .Price aside is the stealth ss that much better than the stealth xlt?

Only a handful of people have shot the SS and some of them are on here. I know moon and wyvern did. You got yours for a good price and I would never try to talk you into selling yours and buying the SS. You got yours for $300 less than the SS will retail for. I will only say if you laid both bows side by side at the selling booth and charged $100 extra for the SS everyone would be buying the SS.

I do alot of ground blind hunting so the shorter bow would be nice also.
    I guess im trying to talk myself into letting go of the xlt and go for the ss! lol

Ive got a deal on the 2012 Stealths..contact me directly for details...
    Wyvern

idhanes....sounds like wyvern can hook you up. roy...if length was the only reason you wanted to trade up then I don't know especially when you already have the xlt. I do know buying new, for me personally, I'd cough up the extra cash and get the SS. We all have our line in the sand though when it comes to money I ordered the SS from wyvern without seeing it and was wondering if I made the right decision........until I saw it in person

Or go all out and get the vapor

I have not handled the SS yet . That being said I think the Stealth XLT was the best balanced and overall felling TP to date . I have owned the majority of the bows they have released in the last 5 years . I am excited to go to the Ohio deer and turkey expo to check out the 2013 models .

I shot the Stealth SS last week at the outdoor show in Lansing, it's a very compact bow with a great trigger but all in all I still like my SZ's better..JMO...

Mike
    Vent 150
    Solution LS 390
    Crossbow Warriors Pro Staff
    http://www.crossbowwarriors.com

Quote Originally Posted by beervo2 View Post
    I shot the Stealth SS last week at the outdoor show in Lansing, it's a very compact bow with a great trigger but all in all I still like my SZ's better..JMO...

Mike
    I don't blame you. The SZ's are great shooters and I doubt there will be too many bows that come close to it. I still don't feel confident with the reliability of mine as I've had a few issues with it.

As for the the original topic, I would wait for the SS. People are comparing it to the SZ's and that says a lot about how good the bow is. Ten Point is a great company and make solid products but the performance of their prior bows left a lot to be desired.

To me although the ss gives you better performance it seems that TP cut back on the value.
    For about the same price your getting a lesser scope and no thumb safety. Although performance comes first I would think the ss would have the better scope and thumb safety. If that we're the case I would be all over the ss. At the least an upgrade on the scope is a must.

To me its not. The rubber bedding system is a real nice touch and you get a better trigger (from what everyone says). The thumb safety was 50/50. For every one that liked it one didn't. Scope was a wash for me a well. It don't matter which one they put on there I'd take it off. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me the SS is improved. The only thing I wished is it had a little more speed.

I am definatly going to wait, until I get to compare both side by side. The way it sounds those that have seen or shot the SS, it seems like it will be a great bow, as with most Ten Points. I was talking to a friend of mine, and was told that one of the local pro shops, is having a crossbow preview day this Saturday, and there are supposed reps there from different manuctures including Ten Point. Maybe I will get lucky and they will have the SS their that I can at least look at and even better maybe shoot it, and compare it to the Stealth XLT. I was looking at.
    Mathews Z7 73/30
    Mathews T5 Quiver

Jd,
    What shop and maybe I can shed some light.

Re: Ten Point Stealth XLT and Stealth SS

Crossbow,
    The shop that is having the crossbow preview day is Weaver's Archery in Middleburg, Pa. Thanks

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    Mathews Z7 73/30
    Mathews T5 Quiver

Crossbow

Anything in Nj or close by ?

The XLT is going away...there may not be any when the SS comes out...it will be an inventory crap shoot
    Wyvern

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast