a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B Stinger?

B Stinger?

I'm considering ordering a complete set up for my VE+? I like the Premier Plus 30" or 27" Stabilizer w/ 10" or 12" side bars. I would like to hear some opinions on these before dropping nearly $400 bucks for the set up?

Premier Plus setup is the best stab setup I have used yet. Just put a 27" Premier Plus Honeycomb on my MR5 for 3D and I love it. Also an FYI check out the classifieds here, can get a great deal on a set and don't need to drop $400 on them new.
    Mathews Solocam Z7 Xtreme, Monster 7.0, Conquest Triumph, MR6, Creed, 2 MR5'S, Drenalin, Gold Tip, B-Stinger, Axion, Truball
    Hough's Archery-Pro Staff
    Bohning Staff Shooter
    Truball Staff Shooter

Re: B Stinger?

You might even want to step back to a 24". But as said look over the classifieds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

get a 12" to start as back bar. Probably 30" on front. They have some awesome stabilizers...
    Desert Tactical Chill X & Mathews Apex 8
    CBE Scope & Tek Target bar
    Scott Backspin
    B-Stinger Stabilizers
    Easton Arrows

B Stinger?

The longer the bar you use, in theory, the least amount of weight you need to use to stabilize the sight picture for your shooting process and form, same theory for both side and main rods
    Staff Shooter for :BLACK EAGLE ARROWS,BULLSEYE BOWSTRINGS,Axcel/Tru-Ball,ThirdHand Archery,BCBow Designs.Owner of Total Control Archery slings: IN CONTROL!
    Custom POLISHING and trigger jobs done HERE!!!

Re: B Stinger?

I'm very pleased with my Premier Plus's. I only recently converted this bow over and I wish I'd done it sooner. They sure aim nice.

This is a 30" and a 12".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i own a premier plus 27'' stab. they are nice i like it, but$$$ i paid 250$ now i wish i might have bought a dead center just for the money there about half the price and just as good of quality. ill keep the b-stinger aand i want b-stinger side bars but i just started a leage (3d) and a kid has a hole dead center set up, needless to say ill be buying dead center side bars and v-bar it is great and a good product, if you have your heart set on a premier plus got to lancaster or bow hunter superstore they have the best price. either way you wont regret either

Best bars on the market . I end up buying new people in the classified wanted almost new price . As far as length up front 30 or 33 . I bought a 30 and im in the proscess of buy a 33 to try . On the back bar im running a 15 and wouldnt change I like the bar down and low with the length u still have plenty of leverage due to the length
    always swore i would shoot a mathews eating crow love my hoyt lol

Thanks for the replies guys....keep em' coming!

I have a 30" and a 15" back bar premier set for normal shooting and love it, but i also have a 24" and a 12" premier set up for wind shooting.. I have tested both set up's extensively and i give a slight edge to the 30" and the 15" but that is when everything is perfect.. But they become sails in the wind, so i still struggle on this topic all the time. Because of the not so perfect conditions on a 3D course.. Hope this helps and God bless..
    Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Evolution Bow Strings

I really like the stingers... Doinker makes a great stabilizer also ...
    400.00 is alot of coin but its something you can use on other bows 10 years from now ..
    Im running a 27'' front with 10'' in the back..

Alpha Elite 001.jpg

Alpha Elite 005.jpg

I also have b stingers and can't say anything bad about them. They are great and do their job, but why so expensive? Aren't they nothing more than hollow carbon fiber rods that hold weights at the end? What makes one better than the other? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the sole purpose of a target stabilizer to be as light and as stiff as possible to hold the majority of the weight at the extreme end?
    Spots: OK Archery DST 40
    Foam: OK Archery DST 40
    Fur: Bowtech Guardian
    Arrows: Black Eagle
    CARBON CRAFT STABILIZERS

Quote Originally Posted by buckman2591 View Post
    The longer the bar you use, in theory, the least amount of weight you need to use to stabilize the sight picture for your shooting process and form, same theory for both side and main rods
    correction: sport hunter xtreme or the xtreme hunter
    Staff Shooter for :BLACK EAGLE ARROWS,BULLSEYE BOWSTRINGS,Axcel/Tru-Ball,ThirdHand Archery,BCBow Designs.Owner of Total Control Archery slings: IN CONTROL!
    Custom POLISHING and trigger jobs done HERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobpaschall View Post
    I also have b stingers and can't say anything bad about them. They are great and do their job, but why so expensive? Aren't they nothing more than hollow carbon fiber rods that hold weights at the end? What makes one better than the other? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the sole purpose of a target stabilizer to be as light and as stiff as possible to hold the majority of the weight at the extreme end?
    yes and if u look on the market B-stinger is the lightest and i feel there is a stiffness diff between them
    always swore i would shoot a mathews eating crow love my hoyt lol

love mine

I have used b stingers on both my shooters. pricey indeed, I would be looking on ebay and would go doink or b sting or bernie or even something else, keep my options open and save $50-$100. a stab system is commercially available carbon tubes with alum caps and weights, i dont care who puts theyre sticker on the side and glues the end caps on.

Here is my old Vantage Elite plus...I ran 33" premier up front with a 15" premier for the rear...3oz out front and 12oz out back in the pic...Later I added a Shrewd 8degree QD in the front and another 2oz to the rear...The bow held great
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The "evolution" of bowstrings....xxcustoms.net... ..

Quote Originally Posted by Six Shooter View Post
    Here is my old Vantage Elite plus...I ran 33" premier up front with a 15" premier for the rear...3oz out front and 12oz out back in the pic...Later I added a Shrewd 8degree QD in the front and another 2oz to the rear...The bow held great
    Sweet bow !!

Quote Originally Posted by 3-d buster x4 View Post
    Sweet bow !!
    Thanks bud, it sure was....
    The "evolution" of bowstrings....xxcustoms.net... ..

Quote Originally Posted by HoughsArchery View Post
    Premier Plus setup is the best stab setup I have used yet. Just put a 27" Premier Plus Honeycomb on my MR5 for 3D and I love it. Also an FYI check out the classifieds here, can get a great deal on a set and don't need to drop $400 on them new.
    Yours sure are nice Lol but ya B stinger premier plus's are some of my favorite stabilizers! i just recently went to doinker for a few reasons but stinger is still on top and worth every penny you spend on them!
    Gold Tip, B Stinger, CBE, Scott, TrophyTaker, Mathews, Barn Burner Strings, Bohning

Lol I got a 27" premiere plus for sale with I think 8 oz. of weight, just sayin
    Hoyt carbon spyder 34
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

For a ve+ don't go any shorter than a 30" main 33-36" is better. 12 or 15" back, doesn't really matter but a 15" will hold better
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

if you dont plan on running a ton of weight you can get away with the competitors. at 4oz on my 30" and 8 or 9 on my 15" back bar i was fine with the comps. but once i got upto 7 and 13 i had to upgrde to the premiers they started to get bouncy. ill be selling a 30" front competitor and 15" rear here pretty soon.
    2014 Elite Energy 35 < Hunting rig
    2013 OK Archery DST40 28.25"DL 370GR GT X CUTTER 71# DW=291FPS <3d machine

B Stinger?

I've been using the older "premiere" stingers on my VE+ and they've been excellent. 30" with the 1" QD, and 4oz in front, and 12" + 2" extension and 1" QD in back with 13oz. Sunday, I picked up the premiere plus rods , 33" and 15". Haven't had a chance to work with them yet...
    Hoyt Vantage Elite
    Hoyt Pro Elite
    Hoyt Formula RX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast