Thread: pendulum sights

pendulum sights

Which sight company makes the best pendulum sight?

I don't know if its the best, but best is a relative term. I've used a Predator IV the past 5 years and have never worried about range to the deer or height of my treestand and have yet to miss with it. I know its effective range and plan accordingly. Just follow the sight-in instructions exactly and your set.
    2013 PSE Freak Max
    60lb at 32 3/8" Draw
    QAD HD
    Predator IV pendulum sight
    460 grain Black Eagle Carnivore and DCA Hunter arrows at 276 fps

I wonder why these are not more popular... Years ago I remember a lot of people had them but kind of disappeared
    slap chop guy " you are going to love my nuts"

Mathews Drenalin
    QAD HD
    HHA Single Pin HL-5000
    ****** css
    Carbon Express Hunter 350

Years ago a lot of guys around here were shooting the Kellar. I killed a lot of deer with my Kellar. But holy crap was that thing noisy!
    U-slide Staff Shooter-"WHAT'S HOLDING YOUR BOW", 2010 Strother Infinity, Trophy Taker rest, HHA sight, Vendetta Archery stabilizer, 2010 Strothers SR-71, Trophy Taker rest, HHa sight, Vendetta Archery stabilizer
    Member of Strother Brothers
    Vendetta Archery vendettaarchery.net "Where you never know what will go down!"

I had a cobra for a short time and really like its build quality and pin brightness....
    2010 PSE x-force Axe 7,,,,,,,29"x45#

Member hoytcharger2013 owes me $20.00 or the quiver I purchased from him neg feedback was left, nothing worse than a thief......

I had a Trophy Ridge that you could lock down and use the V drive for ground shoot "best of both worlds". Ws a little heavy though. Wish HHA or Surelock would come out with something like that.

I looked and i like the truglo one that allows you to use it as a sing pin adjustable also. The keller is noisy
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo #65 28dl - A.X. Driver 1 pin - Truglo Loc-Dwn 4 Arrow Quiver
    Stokrized 10" Hunter - NAP Apache
    2010 Rytera Alien X #70 28dl - Martin Alien Fang Rest - Spot Hogg Hogg It - Stokerized 10" Hunter.

I've used a pendulum sight on my bows for the last 4 years. My buddy used the older Trophy Ridge Pendulum (which they no longer make)-the quality was not there as it only lasted for 1 season before getting loose and sloppy. I have used and currently use the Tru-Glo Pendulum with the single tridium pin. Here in SC we dont have long shots so it has worked ok out to about 30 yards. The problem I've noticed with it though is it is not "linear". You're supposed to sight the pin at 20 yards ground level, then it is supposed to be sighted in for treestand hunting from 0-35 yards as the pin swings to compensate. However, on my Mathews Z7 the shot may be dead on at 20 yards with the pin, but all other yardages higher or lower are off with the pin. I've missed several nice bucks like this. I just ordered an Axcel Armourtech HD 3-pin sight so I'll have more pins for picking shot placement better.

I have the Tru Glo pendulums on my bows and the key is to bend at the waist. I can get 40 yds outa mine from the tree if I am at least 20' up. The adjustable model I get good shots to 60 yds for practice, and that's about as far as I will practice with my hunting rig..
    '03 Bowtech VFT Extreme - Hunting
    '07 Bowtech Constitution "Brushy"- Outdoor Spots
    '07 Bowtech Constitution "Predator Deception" - Indoor Spots
    '12 Bowtech Insanity CPX - Hunting
    B-stingers,Shibuya,Truespot,Limb driver,Protuner, & CR scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Rockinxj00 View Post
    Years ago a lot of guys around here were shooting the Kellar. I killed a lot of deer with my Kellar. But holy crap was that thing noisy!
    I still have 2 of them. Don't use them anymore but I loved them back in the day and yes they were noisy.

My Predator IV is quiet as a mouse.
    2013 PSE Freak Max
    60lb at 32 3/8" Draw
    QAD HD
    Predator IV pendulum sight
    460 grain Black Eagle Carnivore and DCA Hunter arrows at 276 fps