Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exploding arrows and exploding points, really?

Exploding arrows and exploding points, really?

I don't know about all of you but IMO all of these exploding arrows and exploding points are not good for archery.

They couldn't have picked a worse time to introduce these things. Right when every kind of weapon is under the micro scope [including bows] they come out with this stuff??

Fun, heck yes it would be. A good idea, not at all. I feel pretty confident this could very well come back to bite us in the hind end.

Anything that explodes is being looked at really hard. No doubt anything that can fire a bullet is also being looked at. And don't think for one second that the powers to be has not seen these devices or at least have seen the youtube video's on them.

I mean, this is archery for crying out loud, not some kind of blow em up, bullet shooting stuff.

I sincerely hope these exploding arrows and points doesn't pull archery down the tubes. Lord knows it's fuel for the anti's.

Have fun with this one folks.

Skeet.

I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    I don't know about all of you but IMO all of these exploding arrows and exploding points are not good for archery.

They couldn't have picked a worse time to introduce these things. Right when every kind of weapon is under the micro scope [including bows] they come out with this stuff??

Fun, heck yes it would be. A good idea, not at all. I feel pretty confident this could very well come back to bite us in the hind end.

Anything that explodes is being looked at really hard. No doubt anything that can fire a bullet is also being looked at. And don't think for one second that the powers to be has not seen these devices or at least have seen the youtube video's on them.

I mean, this is archery for crying out loud, not some kind of blow em up, bullet shooting stuff.

I sincerely hope these exploding arrows and points doesn't pull archery down the tubes. Lord knows it's fuel for the anti's.

Have fun with this one folks.

Skeet.
    I don't think this will affect archery whatsoever. I think you are just being a little paranoid man. Worst they will do is say that you can't have exploding tips. Which is basically what they are already saying, you need an explosive license to use them already which is far from easy to get.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity
    HHA DS-5519
    NAP Apache Drop Away
    Bee-Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Tru Fire Edge 4 Thumb Release

Skeet, you really need to get out and get some fresh air !!!
    NRA Hunters Rights Site *HSUS Watchdog Site* Join the USSA <- click here
    As of 12/31/2010, HSUS had a net worth of $187.5 million. - They want to stop ALL hunting ! GET INVOLVED TO STOP THEM!
    NJ Hunters, Join The NJ Outdoor Alliance - Click Here http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/ for more info

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtech47 View Post
    I don't think this will affect archery whatsoever. I think you are just being a little paranoid man. Worst they will do is say that you can't have exploding tips. Which is basically what they are already saying, you need an explosive license to use them already which is far from easy to get.
    In the words of Nirvana, "Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
    "Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." - Genesis 27:3 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcheryEngineer View Post
    In the words of Nirvana, "Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
    I'm not saying the Government doesn't want to take everything that could be used against them as a weapon away from us. I just don't think it will happen. I don't think they want Civil War II.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity
    HHA DS-5519
    NAP Apache Drop Away
    Bee-Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Tru Fire Edge 4 Thumb Release

The Dukes of Hazzrd were blowin up stuff with arrows back in the mid 80's. I think we will survive.
    I'm The Dude Playin' the Dude Pretending to be another Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by 5MileCreek View Post
    The Dukes of Hazzrd were blowin up stuff with arrows back in the mid 80's. I think we will survive.
    Remember these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Those who act like sheep, will be eaten by Wolves”

DNA

Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Remember these?
    Hell yeah. Rambo kicked butt.

It won't take long for some yahoo to end up all over national TV .
    There is no cure for stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Remember these?
    Found the Dukes in action
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362782016.641498.jpg

And one of daisy because, well....why not!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362782044.419869.jpg

Since they seem to destroy your arrow with each shot, I don't think many people can afford to shoot these so they will never get popular.
    The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a bow, is a good guy with a bow

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry/NJ View Post
    Skeet, you really need to get out and get some fresh air !!!
    No Jerry, I get out every day. Maybe you need to do that.

Sure as heck some whack-O will get a hold of some explosives, or the bullet in the tip, and go shoot someone with it.

There's already been a couple of school shootings where a kid used a compound bow. Soon as someone gets shot with one we are gonna get hammered on. Just a matter of time.

People always ruin it for people.

Quote Originally Posted by jack70707 View Post
    It won't take long for some yahoo to end up all over national TV .
    There is no cure for stupid.
    Exactly. Some where, someone, will shoot something [most likely someone else] with the exploding tips or arrows, and bows will be the main focus for a while.

Bows and archers will become evil just like gun owners.

Man that ain't even the same bro. That's on T.V.

Man that ain't even the same bro. That's on T.V.
    So it wasn't real?

So it wasn't real?
    Rambo's was more destructive.

It's really just a matter of time until the libs want to ban archery, there are those who already are after pocket knives, you have to realize that they want you to be just like them whether you like it or not

Katherine Bach looks SOOO much better in shorty shorts!
    '09 HCA Speed Pro
    '14 HCA Axis

High Country Archery-the fastest bows under warranty

Well, some brands have been selling exploding bows for a while now. It's a natural progression
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus
    PSE Supra with UF cams
    Prime Centroid LR
    -Have also owned: Bowtech, PSE, Bear, Jennings, and and old bow I can't remember the maker anymore (not a brand snob)

Quote Originally Posted by stork64 View Post
    Well, some brands have been selling exploding bows for a while now. It's a natural progression
    Right up until some knob head kills someone with it.

I don't know if it will or not.We all have seen geese cats or dogs with a arrow in them on news.Problem with news they will only point out the bad side.Never telling the people who would never use them in a bad way greatly out numbers the bad ones.If you watch You Tube most would think rednecks without a brain cell own guns and do stupid things with them.
    PSE X-Force, G5 sight , QAD drop away , G-5 peep sight , Bohning 6 arrow quiver,
    Flatliner stab

I remember saying this about the AR platform. It is a useless platform that will only destroy the sport of shooting, and guess what, it has! The NRA has turned into the NARA.

There are a couple things along with these exploding points that will also ruin our sport, extremely light arrows, scope mounts and sights designed for long range shooting, bows capable of shooting very light arrows,, expandables, ultra compact crossbows. Just look at all the ridiculous threads on AT about shooting deer at long distances.

All it will take is one yahoo to ruin it for everyone and start shooting people at 100 yards with a bow that has bullets in it. then say hello to fixed blades, gpi requirements, total arrow weight requirements, and more shooting restrictions. It's already happening, do you remember when you could shoot a bow in city limits?
    Savage Model 11 - Nikon ProStaff 3X9X40 - 85 grain HSA Sierra HPBT
    Remington 870 Wingmaster 26" WadWizard Supreme Choke
    Mathews Helim - 64lbs - Hogg Father - G5 Archery Expert II

Quote Originally Posted by UCNYbowhunter View Post
    I don't know if it will or not.We all have seen geese cats or dogs with a arrow in them on news.Problem with news they will only point out the bad side.Never telling the people who would never use them in a bad way greatly out numbers the bad ones.If you watch You Tube most would think rednecks without a brain cell own guns and do stupid things with them.
    I agree. But with all the recent shootings, just let the national news air a person, or persons, killed with an exploding arrow and they will make a hay day out of it. Then every bow owner would be doctor evil.

lol!! i seen that on t.v. the other night.woke up the next morning and thought "did i dream that,or was that real"
    just have fun!!

No Jerry, I get out every day. Maybe you need to do that.

Sure as heck some whack-O will get a hold of some explosives, or the bullet in the tip, and go shoot someone with it.

There's already been a couple of school shootings where a kid used a compound bow. Soon as someone gets shot with one we are gonna get hammered on. Just a matter of time.

People always ruin it for people.
    You are right I do need to get out. I've been sick as hell for going on 3 weeks with a trip o the ER, ughhhh. And yes people ruin it for other people, but that will never change my friend. Have fun shootin that new bow!
    NRA Hunters Rights Site *HSUS Watchdog Site* Join the USSA <- click here
    As of 12/31/2010, HSUS had a net worth of $187.5 million. - They want to stop ALL hunting ! GET INVOLVED TO STOP THEM!
    NJ Hunters, Join The NJ Outdoor Alliance - Click Here http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/ for more info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast