Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ASA REALTREE Ft. Benning Championship->1350+!

Thumbs up ASA REALTREE Ft. Benning Championship->1350+!

Not a bad turn-out this weekend! It looks as though ASA is doing well!
    I wish I could have been there...My baby brother and his sweetheart tied the knot this weekend.
    If it wasn't for that, I would have been there myself. I hope everyone there had a great time.

Challenging ranges and set up. Great shoot! Thanks ASA and the ASA Staff for a great weekend!
    Dominator Max
    Pearson Advantage
    Hoyt Pro Elite
    Hoyt Matrix

Mike told me 1469 shooters. A new record attendance total, also a new record for K45 class.
    Elite Energy 35 Blackou

Quote Originally Posted by CMA121885 View Post
    Mike told me 1469 shooters. A new record attendance total, also a new record for K45 class.
    141 shooters in K45....had to split us up, half shot the range we were assigned to, other half shot the Sims range, after they reset it a little. Today, we swapped....definitely a great weekend. Weather was perfect. My shooting was not..lololol

Yeah, the k45 split up was actually very nice! I hope they keep the format going forward. Only 4 to a target which made it quick and really gave us time to focus on the shooting. Great times!

Re: ASA REALTREE Ft. Benning Championship->1350+!

Glad to see K45 doing well....

I'm hopeful it eventually leads to growth of K50 too. Not that a bigger K50 would've done me any good this weekend.

I'm still a believer that known yardage fixes most complaints people have with 3d in general.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

26 shooters in K50 is considered a pretty good turn out! lol

Some dang good shooters this weekend. When someone shoots 36 up with 19 12s or 44 up with 22 12s that's dang good shooting!!
    Dominator Max
    Pearson Advantage
    Hoyt Pro Elite
    Hoyt Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by CMA121885 View Post
    Wow! 1469 shooters! I figured it was better than my number; I just counted in my head as I went through the different classes checking out the scores. The ASA staff will need some rest this week.

Quote Originally Posted by tmorelli View Post
    Glad to see K45 doing well....

I'm hopeful it eventually leads to growth of K50 too. Not that a bigger K50 would've done me any good this weekend.

I'm still a believer that known yardage fixes most complaints people have with 3d in general.

I tend to side with you T. I think known distance actually will make you a better shooter. Thing is...there are too many die hards that would rather moan and groan about KD. So, ASA will try to offer everyone something.
    I think all the amateur classes should have UKD on Saturday and KD on Sunday. It would put you on the road home sooner.

K50 would be a monster class size if 14s were put back in play......companys offered money of some sort since it is a pro class......I

Lots of Georgia Peaches too. Love the Bow babes.
    Shot the team shoot, brought my team way down, reallly have developed some target panic, shooting spots too much and freezing up on brown foam.. Im a Hoyt guy, Shot with two Mathews guys, a Pro and a Semi Pro, I have to admit, these two guys were 1st class acts, impressive range estimating abilities.

I have only attended 3 ASA big shoots, this is the 1st time I came in Thursday afternoon and took it all in. It was Great experience.

I had a dream we were following the Lancasters trailer on the way home and it went off the road and came apart like a giant Pinata...and 3d Shooters following were having another X mas.......yeah, I know Im sick. Maybe I should see a shrink?

I really enjoyed the weekend even though I didn't perform at my best. I loved leaving 5 inches of snow and rolling into warmth and sunshine!

K50 will have to grow with K45 pulling 140+ this past weekend. K50 is a class that has to be initially filled by people moving "up" into it. Once it draws around 50 or so shooters it will begin drawing from Semi-Pro, Open A and B classes as well as the others. Not every one can or wants to go to "Open Pro". At some point some "newbie" K45 archers will filter over into the Open classes after shooting some tournaments in K45.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME,[/COLOR] DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

oh yeah, the group of guys I shot with in Ft Benning were great bunch of boys to shoot with in Hunter class. The Gainesville shoot hooked me up with a couple of whiners, I wish I called an official over on hind sight at Fla.

Wonder how many "former" IBO shooters are now going to shoot ASA since the target switch to Rhineharts?

It's good to have such a large turn out. And it was great to see the K50 with 26 shooters! I thought the largest attended ASA Pro-Am was in Oak Ridge Tennessee a few years back though? Over 1600 if I remember right.

So much for the economy hurting attendance
    Glad to see the high numbers
    2014 pro comp FX
    2014 factor turbo

It is an excellent venue.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME,[/COLOR] DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

I bet to say KY ASA will break all records it usually is one of the top attendance shoots and it is closest for the IBO guys! I say they ASA better be planning for 1500 plus shooters more ranges and larger practice areas!

Quote Originally Posted by cenochs View Post
    I bet to say KY ASA will break all records it usually is one of the top attendance shoots and it is closest for the IBO guys! I say they ASA better be planning for 1500 plus shooters more ranges and larger practice areas!
    I agree 100% More and larger practice areas!

Quote Originally Posted by cenochs View Post
    I know Thur the state scholastic champ will be there before the pro/am Friday starts....and there might be more kids shooting the pro/am than ever
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Had a blast. Shot K-45 with some great guy's.
    >>-----PSE--------->
    Trophy Taker and QAD Rests
    CBE and Sword Sights
    B-Stinger Stabs
    Stanislawski Releases

I'm still a believer that known yardage fixes most complaints people have with 3d .

I believe if this was the case, there would be 200+ shooters in that class. K45 that is...
    And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.
    GEN-21:20
    Xtreme Strings
    "Give your bow the X factor"

Re: ASA REALTREE Ft. Benning Championship->1350+!

Quote Originally Posted by asa3dpro View Post
    I believe if this was the case, there would be 200+ shooters in that class. K45 that is...
    Already the biggest class out there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kstigall View Post
    I really enjoyed the weekend even though I didn't perform at my best. I loved leaving 5 inches of snow and rolling into warmth and sunshine!

K50 will have to grow with K45 pulling 140+ this past weekend. K50 is a class that has to be initially filled by people moving "up" into it. Once it draws around 50 or so shooters it will begin drawing from Semi-Pro, Open A and B classes as well as the others. Not every one can or wants to go to "Open Pro". At some point some "newbie" K45 archers will filter over into the Open classes after shooting some tournaments in K45.
    I don't see it happening as it has been the same format for years and nobody moves into it. I see a few K45 shooters moving up to it but the way it looks is K45 shooters move primarily into open classes. My goal is to shoot K50 at some point.

Already the biggest class out there.....

NOT really...but we let you non judging people believe that. : )

ASA we offer the class you wish to shoot. You want know we have it. You want unknown we have it ASA the SHOOTERS CHOICE
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast