a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best bow for the money for 2013

best bow for the money for 2013

what do you think is the best new bow for 2013 for the money. i have been looking around and going to bow shops in my area to decide which one i will get. i have checked out the creed , chill, elite hunter, hoyt spider 30, dna, and the motive. the one thing i have noticed with all of them except one is that they all shot 20 to 30 fps slower than advertised and that was with a 350 gr arrow. i have never owned a bear bow and have no reason to be an advocate for thier products, but the motive 6 and 7 were the only ones that shot at the advertised ibo rating. seriously if your gona spend $1000.00+ on a new hunting rig you should excpect it to shoot at its advertised ibo rating. i know some of you guys are going to say speed dosent matter or it depends how it feels in your hand , but really i dont think people are gettin what they are payin for. this whole ibo thing seems to be alot of hype

Shoot them all and get the one you like best no matter what the brand. If you are not happy with any bow, don't spend the money on it. This bow..$$$... That bow..$$$.... Getting the bow you love... Priceless.

Welcome to AT.
    The bows you mention above are not 20-30fps slower under IBO measurements,than their IBO numbers, that´s already proven.

The best bow for the money imho is the Hoyt Charger.
    Lien2

Hoyt charger, they are flying off the shelves
    Vantage Elite +'s (77#, 60#, 55#) And a Matrix with Spirals for hunting
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, No Limit Archery (Ringer Release and Grave Digger Broadheads), Gold Tip Arrows and Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW)

From everything I read, and having handled one at my local pro shop, I'd say the Hoyt Charger.
    Target: 2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite Spiral-X (freestyle); 2013 PSE Dominator 3d Max (bowhunter); 2012 Hoyt Alpha Elite RKT cams (bowhunter)
    Hunting: 2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT cams, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Matrix converted to RKT cams
    Others: 2013 Expedition Archery X-Ring VII, 2013 New Breed Eclipse Bionic 2.0 cams

Hoyt charger, before that hoyt rampage XT.

My dealer said they sell the charger 4 to 1 compared to all other bows
    2013 Mathews Z7 Magnum 70#/ 27.5" DL
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

If you liked the Motives, check out the Method. The price is amazing for a bow of it's quality and it's hitting its 340 IBO. Here's some chrono testing I did on it. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1923174
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

I shot them all and ordered a Hoyt Charger. Great shooting bowImageUploadedByTapatalk1363280144.224420.jpg

I seen review on youtube that the charger has more of a hum then the spyder is that true?

price on charger?
    Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.

Quote Originally Posted by mossihornslayer View Post
    price on charger?
    I just asked yesterday... $499 bare, $650 package.

I paid 450 for mine bare

And no noticeable hum or vibration at the shot

What draw length are you shooting? 20-30fps is way too slow for what a bow is rated IBO even if it was pretty far out of time.
    <------------((((
    SILENT ASSASSIN

thanks guys, checked out the charger ibo rated at 325 shot 283 throught the crono

sorry, thats a 70 lb charger 28" dl 350 gr arrow chrono on three arrows was 280, 281 and 283

Another vote here for the Charger.
    356gr. GT 5577 65lbs 27.5 inch DL 292 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas1 View Post
    what do you think is the best new bow for 2013 for the money. i have been looking around and going to bow shops in my area to decide which one i will get. i have checked out the creed , chill, elite hunter, hoyt spider 30, dna, and the motive. the one thing i have noticed with all of them except one is that they all shot 20 to 30 fps slower than advertised and that was with a 350 gr arrow. i have never owned a bear bow and have no reason to be an advocate for thier products, but the motive 6 and 7 were the only ones that shot at the advertised ibo rating. seriously if your gona spend $1000.00+ on a new hunting rig you should excpect it to shoot at its advertised ibo rating. i know some of you guys are going to say speed dosent matter or it depends how it feels in your hand , but really i dont think people are gettin what they are payin for. this whole ibo thing seems to be alot of hype
    At my local pro shop they have a Spyder 30, 2013 Carbon Element, DNA, Chill, and Creed. All of these bows were shooting at IBO rating. With the Carbon Element performing above IBO ratings. I would check the draw lengths 'cause most bows don't come to the pro shop set at 30". And make sure the limbs are 70# limbs and were cranked down to 70#. And if the bows were not set at IBO specs then you have to do the math (10 fps per inch of draw length and 2-3 fps per pound of draw weight) and I'm sure you will find they all will perform as the should or at least within 5 fps.
    2014 Prime Alloy (65 lb DW, 29" DL, 360 grains, @306 fps)

I sting like a butterfly... And punch like a flea, Jack!!!

the charger sounds like a good deal for a price point bow,
    Stage 1 Strings

Xpedition Xring 6

Re: best bow for the money for 2013

None of the 2013 line up is worth the money watch the classafieds for a hold over crx cheap an then do the rkt conversion

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There is the reason your speeds do not line up. Your draw length is shorter than what IBO is measured at. All bows are slower when set up below 30" dl and with accessories on the string

Forget speed and look for feel and fit

I will say that I prefer to buy a top of the line used bow over a new price point bow for myself.......
    Stage 1 Strings

Xpedition Xring 6

I personally like the dna a lot. I sold my element rkt to buy one. To me it is a great shooter and will be for a long time for me. Dont worry about what brand you are shooting go with how confident you are with it. Recurves shoot 150fps or less and the highly skilled are killing anything in North America with them from crazy distances and complete pass thrus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PSE Supra Max blackout... Breathn Strings and tuned... DCA arrows...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast