Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a lot of Love

Not a lot of Love

From the lack of threads it appears the Mathews X Bow doesn't have any fans.

Bowtech Solution 390/Hawke Compact
    BEE 20" Blazer Vanes, 100gr Slick Tricks

~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008

Well.....I think you will see good things in the future they just need some tweaks. Like the safety and not enough clearance for fixed blade heads. I don't know how they let a bow out the door that you can't shoot fixed blades with. I guess they assumed everyone shot mechanicals. They did bring out rubber plates instead of the cheesy, cheapo plastic. They have some real nice features and if they stick with it another year or two down the road I think they will be a contender in the market.....just not this year.
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380
    Excalibur Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Kyarcher2 View Post
    From the lack of threads it appears the Mathews X Bow doesn't have any fans.
    Well on my neck of the woods there are alot of mxb360s being used.Personally i love the bow.In fact i own 2 of them.I'm a hunter and it serves me well.Killed a ton of dear with them.My dealer can't keep them on the shelf.He orders 10 at time and they all sell in no time.It has been this way since they came out.In fact he has sold more mxb360s then regular vertical bows.He has all the Mathews vertical bows on the wall.They are not selling as well.
    Deer hunting with my crossbow

mathews has a crossbow?

Well its called a Mission, but maybe impossible to shoot fixed BH's out it,lol so says pinshooter
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

They say you can shoot 3-4 fixed blade with the MXB 320 being it is shorter then the 360, the 360 is Mech blade but they also say a 2-3 blade under 1 1/16th will work with the 360 but not a 4 blade Hmmmmmm, think I would stay Mech with the 360...

And yes I'm going to look at a 360, I like that you don't need a press to change the string but then they say that you should change strings every 100-150 shots.
    Excalibur Y25. Excalibur Matrix 380 Blackout. Axiom SMF.
    TenPoint Turbo XLT. TenPoint Stealth SS.
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.
    Free Men Need Not Ask To Bear Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
    They say you can shoot 3-4 fixed blade with the MXB 320 being it is shorter then the 360, the 360 is Mech blade but they also say a 2-3 blade under 1 1/16th will work with the 360 but not a 4 blade Hmmmmmm, think I would stay Mech with the 360...

And yes I'm going to look at a 360, I like that you don't need a press to change the string but then they say that you should change strings every 100-150 shots.

You don't have to change strings every100-150 shoots.
    The strings and cables are good for 800 shots or 2 years.
    I have shot 700 shots out of mine and still going strong

Rage broadheads work great from this bow.I use the chisel tip 2 blade.I have killed everything i have shot at.Including a 300lbs boar
    they do a fantastic job.

boar 1.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by OPP View Post
    You don't have to change strings every100-150 shoots.
    The strings and cables are good for 800 shots or 2 years.
    I have shot 700 shots out of mine and still going strong

Rage broadheads work great from this bow.I use the chisel tip 2 blade.I have killed everything i have shot at.Including a 300lbs boar
    they do a fantastic job.

boar 1.JPG
    I just bought a MXB 360 today, only had to shoot it once and it was sold, tomorrow I will get more shots in so then I will see the whole pic, I have lots of 100gn Rage BH from my vert days but I'm looking at the Ulmer Edge BH right now for this bow.
    Last edited by ranger56528; July 8th, 2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: o
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.

Nice little piggy piggy, sure wish we had some around here like one for me to shoot the rest of those ground ruttin land destroying things can stay down south and east.....Ok ya I would like to go on a pig/boar hunt.
    Mission MXB 360.
    Arrows and BH = A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
    I just bought a MXB 360 today, only had to shoot it once and it was sold, tomorrow I will get more shots in so then I will see the whole pic, I have lots of 100gn Rage BH from my vert days but I'm looking at the Ulmer Edge BH right now for this bow.
    You will love this bow.It's a tac driver for sure.Make sure you use rail lube.It will save the center serving.
    Enjoy it

Bout to a pick up a used 360..do you all know if they made any changes from when they debuted?

Quote Originally Posted by Lomber View Post
    Bout to a pick up a used 360..do you all know if they made any changes from when they debuted?
    Yes they have been up grated.They now have rubber grips instead of plastic,The safety has been upgrated,The trigger has been up grated.Much better from when they first came out.The last 2 i got in are way better then my original one.
    Did i mention these things are deadly accurate.

I just picked a Mxb 320 up for my wife who has a degenerative back disease. I am very impressed with bow, no complaints really. I have never been a crossbow guy, but this is the first one I have ever handled that didn't feel like a toy.
    '13 Hoyt Spyder 30 28.5" draw 60lbs
    Spot Hogg Hogg-It, Limb Driver, Fuse, Easton , Rage, Lone Wolf

great little bow i love mine, easily over a 1000 shots and its still flawless,
    2013 Prime Shift
    60/27.5 ripcord, black gold,GT / G5 montec's
    2012 SZ350
    Hawke, BEEs / G5s

Just picked up the 320. Sweet little bow. Compact, light, good balance, adjustable stock, GREAT trigger, relatively quiet, dream to cock and, based on testing so far, accurate too. Looks like some of my other bows will be finding a new home. The fact that there is relatively little buzz may be because their owners are NOT having problems with them. Best kind of no buzz.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

I shot one twice and was sold but waiting to see what the new one coming out is. I still think im getting a 320

There is no doubt mission bows will soon be the front runners just like mathews vert bows

My 320 came in today!!!! YEEEEEHA

And if you think the 320 and 360 are sweet, there is a 340 and 400 in the wings for 2014. The safety has been relocated to like the 320's plus same light, narrow profile. The 3 arrow quiver in my 320 is awesome in location and attachment.
    Why do you breathe?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack2 View Post
    And if you think the 320 and 360 are sweet, there is a 340 and 400 in the wings for 2014. The safety has been relocated to like the 320's plus same light, narrow profile. The 3 arrow quiver in my 320 is awesome in location and attachment.
    http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/missi...ocking-device/
    Why do you breathe?!

I have to say I like it..never looked at them till today. has some great features..I don't understand why they do not recommend a 4 blade BH it is the way it fits in the rail?

I have Matrix now shoot Rage they are just devastating from crossbow. That said i going to add another Cb to may group and got to handle the Mission to say i ma impressed would be complete understatement.

Impressions;
    Narrow
    Light
    Fast
    Smooth
    Mechanically sound.

Seems to be the front runner for my next CB.

Quote Originally Posted by strum View Post
    I have to say I like it..never looked at them till today. has some great features..I don't understand why they do not recommend a 4 blade BH it is the way it fits in the rail?
    Ah hah lookin r ya! The cutout on the then new 360 was abit narrow. I have read they have made the cutout larger to accept bigger fixed blade BH's. Appears 2014 models are showin to be well made & user friendly. I actually have a Dealer in the town i live close to
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

Quote Originally Posted by smokepolehall View Post
    Ah hah lookin r ya! The cutout on the then new 360 was abit narrow. I have read they have made the cutout larger to accept bigger fixed blade BH's. Appears 2014 models are showin to be well made & user friendly. I actually have a Dealer in the town i live close to
    yep you caught me lol..I guess one thing I question .Is the cables are only good for 800 shots or two years?..
    not a bad thing if they are not hard to change and tune and inexpensive..
    I shot my Exomax at least 2000 shots the first year I had it. I have slowed down a little since.

We knowed that 800 shots on a stringis very good. I knowed you can change out the string widout a press. I am very interested in the Dagger, will give340 fps wid a 385gr arrow. That & the BEE's are a great matct
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast