Thread: Hoyt excel ?

Hoyt excel ?

For all of the Excel shooters out there, question for ya. I have the riser and I'm curious about if it is adjustable for draw weight. How many turns in and out for set up. Is turned all the way in maxed out for a set of limbs and say 2 turns out would that put it closer to the weight marked on the limbs? I understand that most ILF bows are adjustable a few percent above the marked limb weight. Is this true for this riser. I have a 21" riser and a set of Samick Universal limbs marked 40lbs on a 25 " riser so what would I need to do get it set up at 44lbs at 28" on this riser. With the limb bolts turned all the way in its pulling close to 48lbs on my scale. Hope this question is clear as mud. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

If you're getting 48 on a scale with the bolts all the way in, I'd back out the bolts the recommended maximum and reweigh. Usual adjustment is 10%.
    Check out my Archery blog: http://charlesarcheryblog.wordpress.com

harley -

Most Hoyt risers allow for 10% weight adjustment from the marked limb weight.

So you would expect limbs marked 40# on a 25" riser to be about 44# on a 21" riser - but - the Korean limbs are rated at full deflex (bolts full out, typically 5 - 6 turns out from bottomed). So you're starting with 44# limbs and adding about 10% or 4.4#, so your scale reading of about 48# is pretty close.

Now, if the weight doesn't bother you, and there's no stacking (and there really shouldn't be), keeping the bolts full in will give you more free horsepower, than the weight increase alone would suggest. That's because you're increasing the pre-load or stress on the limbs.

Whenever possible, I try to tune my rigs with the bolts full in.

Hope that was what you were asking.

Viper1 out.
    “Simple and innocent, however, as it (the bow) appears, and capable as it is of being a trusty friend and ally, a bow is at the same time a watchful enemy, ready to take advantage of the smallest slight.”

Yes this is what I'm looking for. I'm just curious how many turns out is the factory set up on the excel riser. If there is a standard at all.

I believe my Excel was 1 3/4 turns out from bottomed when new.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Quote Originally Posted by harleysboss View Post
    Yes this is what I'm looking for. I'm just curious how many turns out is the factory set up on the excel riser. If there is a standard at all.
    6 turns out MAX if thats what your asking, I keep my bolts all the way in for both my limb set ups.

Yes just what I was looking for thankyou.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock74 View Post
    6 turns out MAX if thats what your asking, I keep my bolts all the way in for both my limb set ups.