***Difference between QAD HDX and QAD BowTech Model if any?***

Thread: ***Difference between QAD HDX and QAD BowTech Model if any?***

***Difference between QAD HDX and QAD BowTech Model if any?***

Is there even a difference between these two? Looks identical except one says BowTech and the other does not.

If not then im going for the trusty QAD HDX and saving the money. Putting it on the new Prodigy bow.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Besides one saying BT...they are machined to fit the contour of the riser. But the standard QAD fits just fine. I've had both and see no reason to use the brand specific QAD's any longer. Either will work fine...the performance and shootability is the same.
    Kryptek Highlander Prodigy
    Velocity Pro (3D). FMJ (Hunt)

Slick Trick Mags
    Ripcord Ace, HHA 5510, Tru-fire Hardcore Max

Nothing wrong with the regular model.

I use the regular HDX on my Experience and it works and fits perfectly.
    Bowtech Experience, QAD HDX, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute (Retired)- Dads last bow

As others have stated, the difference is the mount, regular HDX are universal fit, they will work fine! I have the bowtech model on mine and I love it!
    Life is how you live it, take nothing for granted
    2013 Bowtech Experience 29" DL, 60#
    27" GT Velocity XT 400 365 grains total weight w/nockturnal nocks 295 fps after Tony 219er Tune!

They look cooler on a Bowtech thats for sure but they function exactly the same. They do mount nicer to the riser.

I believe the launcher arm is different as well.
    Chris Christenson
    Obsession Archery

The HDX gave me a little trouble on the Allegiance when putting it in drawboard but I just made some adjustments to the drawboard.

Quote Originally Posted by cgchris99 View Post
    I believe the launcher arm is different as well.
    No there is no difference in the body of the rest or the forks-----the difference is in the mounting arm and the logo on the rest head.
    Brand specific QAD rests just give a cleaner fit and you won't have extreme left and right adjustments to make to get center shot because the spacer is already built into them and won't need to be added.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Bowtech specific arm most definitely different. Pulled rests and verified. Bowtech version marked LW1 on the bottom. The trough of the launcher arm is lower in the bowtech version. This allows the arrow to sit lower since the berger hole on a bowtech is usually closer to the shelf than other bows. See attached picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris Christenson
    Obsession Archery

Had tow Bowtech specific rests for the Prodigy and neither fit - last year's model or this year.

QAD has a problem trying to get the specs rights, spoke with their customer service and he assured me that the latest model would work and it did not (spring 2015).

I would be very wary.

Shop guy told me and the QAD website said the bowtech QAD if constructed so that it maximizes your ability to make adjustments when mounted on a bowtech riser.......so your not maxed out in any direction when set at centershot. Now.......I just put one on my 2013 insanity and it's working perfectly, however the newer risers must be different because I don't have much wiggle room if I needed to move it. You should be fine on the new prodigy tho.

Throw a pro v on it and be done with your qad.
    I Decree that the Decree is the smoothest bow Pse has ever produced.

Quote Originally Posted by cgchris99 View Post
    Bowtech specific arm most definitely different. Pulled rests and verified. Bowtech version marked LW1 on the bottom. The trough of the launcher arm is lower in the bowtech version. This allows the arrow to sit lower since the berger hole on a bowtech is usually closer to the shelf than other bows. See attached picture.
    I called them and they shipped me the LW1 launcher for my standard HDX for no cost. Excellent customer service.
    Bowtech Experience, QAD HDX, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute (Retired)- Dads last bow