Thread: If you're not fletching what are you using

If you're not fletching what are you using

I'm currently using fobs on my ripcord rest and the boil in a pot quickfletch for my backup bow which has a whisker biscuit.

What other alternatives are there that work well/better than these two options?

Not going back to traditional fletching, the alternatives are what I am looking input on. I really don't care if you feel fletching is the best, I do non-competitive 3d and hunting only.
    2013 Mathews Z7 Magnum 70#/ 27.5" DL
    2012 Hoyt Rampage XT blackout/ 63#/ 27.5" DL
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

The only other one I can think of are Turbo nocks, I'm at least 9 or 10 years with Fob's and don't plan on changing unless Paul quits making them.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.

Bump
    2013 Mathews Z7 Magnum 70#/ 27.5" DL
    2012 Hoyt Rampage XT blackout/ 63#/ 27.5" DL
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

I would like to try fobs but I hear they are loud but I just don't wanna order any to TRY. I have used the quick fletch and they worked good but rather have my stuff the colors I like not basic what ever the store has. Seen the new nockturnal things but again don't wanna buy to try when what I got works.
    2014 Mathews Chill R
    60lb maxed at 62lbs Black on Black
    Flo Green & Flo Orange Strings
    Easton FMJ 340
    QAD HDX, HHA single pin

Quote Originally Posted by Larry brown View Post
    I would like to try fobs but I hear they are loud but I just don't wanna order any to TRY. I have used the quick fletch and they worked good but rather have my stuff the colors I like not basic what ever the store has. Seen the new nockturnal things but again don't wanna buy to try when what I got works.
    It has been proven that Fobs are no louder than blazers, the noise people hear comes from the back and really is not very loud if you were to stand down range and listen to one being shot at a target you wouldn't hear it. I do know the 3 deer I've shot using them never heard the Montec coming and if they did it was too late.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.

Bloodvanes are probably one of the simplest fletches to install. I've put them on for a few guys and they love them.