a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: What string silencers install w/o press?

What string silencers install w/o press?

Looking to get some string silencers. Which ones can you install without a press? Thanks

www.60Xcustomstrings.com
    For String Orders or Questions call 724-525-3972 ~ Bart
    Attn: 60X Customers.....THANK YOU, for your business and support!!
    Our custom strings are not just prestretched, they have every degree of stretch/creep removed prior to shipping!

Monkey tails

Everything else is 2nd fiddle to cat whiskers.
    Road Crew Pro Staff
    I shoot bows

Anything that doesn't require the strings to be separated during their installation. I prefer the "old cat whiskers" myself. Don't like leaches, bat wings or what ever name they can market them as. They blow apart way to soon.

Thanks. I will try some whiskers. Do they get served on? For some reason my bow seems louder ever since I added a kisser.

Tie them in with this knot

Thanks

i just tie cat whiskers with overhand knots and finish with 2 square knots and melt last knot. just tie tightly. have someone help you though...its tough with one person LOL
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

Monkey tails!!

This is how I learned to tie mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SyMi9IOfNs
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric 60# @ 27", 2013 Elite Hunter 65# @ 26.5", 2009 Mathews DXT 50# @ 26"
    2012 Stalker Wolverine 58" 45# @ 26"

Picked up some whiskers. Now I got to find something to use to serve them on. I've heard dental floss or braided fishing line will work. Thanks again y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by jmt870 View Post
    Picked up some whiskers. Now I got to find something to use to serve them on. I've heard dental floss or braided fishing line will work. Thanks again y'all!
    #400 Nylon works great to, it grips and burns like like a wick, and keeps the flame away from the knot/whiskers/ and string....
    www.60Xcustomstrings.com
    For String Orders or Questions call 724-525-3972 ~ Bart
    Attn: 60X Customers.....THANK YOU, for your business and support!!
    Our custom strings are not just prestretched, they have every degree of stretch/creep removed prior to shipping!

There a few great videos on Youtube for the whiskers. I must say that when I took the factory silencers of my Creed and replaced them with cat whiskers, the bow shot way quieter.
    Mostly Lost Mathews Creed, Axcel Armortech, Ktech Stabilizer, Limbdriver Pro V , Easton FMJ 340 (508 grains total arrow wieght) pushing 125 grain Grim Reapers (Beast Slayer)

Monkey Tails

Monkey tails are for real.
    Proud Member of Team OverKill
    Rage Digger ProStaff
    #1 Florida State Seminoles
    Defending National Champions

Appreciate it