a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: HHA Single Pin Sight

  1. #1

    HHA Single Pin Sight

    How do y'all like your HHA Single Pin sights. Looking to get the HHA Sports Optimizer-Lite OL-5519. Is it easy to sight them in with the tapes for different distances?




    I like the Spot Hogg Real Deal, it's hard for me to focus on a one pin when there are 5, especially when they are horizontal.


  2. #2
    just traded my spot hog 5 pin just starting to site in last night luv the one pin hha ultra lite can see more thru the ring

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Monticello,KY
    Posts
    1,346
    I have HHA sights on all my bows. OL -5519 and OL- 5510. It is very easy to sight them in the instructions are very clear.
    And a HHA Pro-Scope on a Davis dovetail sight.
    Nothing Ventured...Nothing Gained
    2013 Bowtech Experience 27-1/2" draw at 40lbs.
    12" front stabilizer and SSI side bar. Quad drop a way rest.
    Home made 452x custom string and cables. HHA slider sight w/ 4x lens.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    So Cal + Bureau County, IL
    Posts
    3,120
    OP I did exactly what your posts asks. I shot the SHogg Real Deal for a few years and now have the HHA OL5519 on both of my bows. I don't see a reason to change. I like the sight picture having only one pin. Someone will tell you that the slider will cost you a deer because it takes too long to change the setting and that may be true but not for me yet. Depending on what part of the country you hunt and what you are hunting will decide that issue for you. HHA makes a tough, dependable sight that isn't crazy expensive and they have great CS as well.
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 34
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix

    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    called hha trying to get a quiver bracket for it she said it should be in the package.I told her it was a trade off of here she said give me your address and i will send u one free of charge at that!!! wish they would start making bows LOL

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by timmymac24 View Post
    OP I did exactly what your posts asks. I shot the SHogg Real Deal for a few years and now have the HHA OL5519 on both of my bows. I don't see a reason to change. I like the sight picture having only one pin. Someone will tell you that the slider will cost you a deer because it takes too long to change the setting and that may be true but not for me yet. Depending on what part of the country you hunt and what you are hunting will decide that issue for you. HHA makes a tough, dependable sight that isn't crazy expensive and they have great CS as well.

    Yeah I've heard that, but is it as simple as twist the slider to move it up quickly, or is there more to it to move the distance up or down?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Moose View Post
    I have HHA sights on all my bows. OL -5519 and OL- 5510. It is very easy to sight them in the instructions are very clear.
    And a HHA Pro-Scope on a Davis dovetail sight.
    Do you have to sight in every single distance you plan on shooting or do you do a couple and it automatically sets?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    6,926
    Quote Originally Posted by timmymac24 View Post
    OP I did exactly what your posts asks. I shot the SHogg Real Deal for a few years and now have the HHA OL5519 on both of my bows. I don't see a reason to change. I like the sight picture having only one pin. Someone will tell you that the slider will cost you a deer because it takes too long to change the setting and that may be true but not for me yet. Depending on what part of the country you hunt and what you are hunting will decide that issue for you. HHA makes a tough, dependable sight that isn't crazy expensive and they have great CS as well.
    Well, wasn't crazy expensive... The new 2015 line-up is pretty pricey.

    That said, I agree with everything else. I shot an Hha dial single pin for years loved it, sight picture and pin brightness is amazing. This year I found a 3-pin head

    off here (which is discontinued now), and did a simple head, swap now I have a custom 3-pin dial slider, so far I like it too, but I still have the single pin head

    if I ever want to switch back. I think I'm going to try and retro-fit the 3-pin head with different size and color fibers.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortyneck View Post
    Well, wasn't crazy expensive... The new 2015 line-up is pretty pricey.

    That said, I agree with everything else. I shot an Hha dial single pin for years loved it, sight picture and pin brightness is amazing. This year I found a 3-pin head

    off here (which is discontinued now), and did a simple head, swap now I have a custom 3-pin dial slider, so far I like it too, but I still have the single pin head

    if I ever want to switch back. I think I'm going to try and retro-fit the 3-pin head with different size and color fibers.

    Did you have to shoot and dial in every distance though?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bradford Co., Pa.
    Posts
    848
    Use the sight in tape that comes on the dial to sight in. You can shoot 20 & 40 or 20 & 60 and then use the proper table that comes in the instructions to choose the right number sight tape and apply it. Very simple procedure. My bow shoots a 360gr, arrow at 280 fps. I am using the #36 tape on my DS 5019. That is the dial sight. I originally bought the slider sight, but prefer the dial sight, now.

    The dial, I think is easier to change yardage and more precise. Also, if you change anything, like rest height, peep height, or nocking point height, you don't have the change the yardage tape. Just loosen the dial with an allen wrench and reset it.
    GT500

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jim570 View Post
    Use the sight in tape that comes on the dial to sight in. You can shoot 20 & 40 or 20 & 60 and then use the proper table that comes in the instructions to choose the right number sight tape and apply it. Very simple procedure. My bow shoots a 360gr, arrow at 280 fps. I am using the #36 tape on my DS 5019. That is the dial sight. I originally bought the slider sight, but prefer the dial sight, now.

    The dial, I think is easier to change yardage and more precise. Also, if you change anything, like rest height, peep height, or nocking point height, you don't have the change the yardage tape. Just loosen the dial with an allen wrench and reset it.
    So once you have your tapes all set up, can you move your sight to the yardage you want without any tool? As in, can you just twist the nob and it will move up and down to the yardage you want to put it at? Or do you have to use an Allen wrench to loosen it and then move it to the yardage you want and retightn it?

    Thanks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    25
    no tools needed

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    25
    if you get a min look it up on youtube, setup is pretty easy

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    So Cal + Bureau County, IL
    Posts
    3,120
    no there is nothing to it other than moving the slider up and down to the correct distance setting
    they are usually easy to find on the AT classifieds used but like new, I don't buy anything new for archery other than arrows but that's me
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 34
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix

    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by timmymac24 View Post
    no there is nothing to it other than moving the slider up and down to the correct distance setting
    they are usually easy to find on the AT classifieds used but like new, I don't buy anything new for archery other than arrows but that's me
    Thanks for your input!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    6,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj0n3s12 View Post
    Did you have to shoot and dial in every distance though?
    Well, you can set it up in different ways, I got it set up now so when I have the sight dial zeroed, the pins are 25, 35, 45 then I have marks for the bottom pin for longer

    ranges. But I could also set up the top pin like a regular single pin, but still have 3 distances when zeroed, that way I could dial in specific yardage, and still have

    3 set pins at zero incase things happen too quickly to adjust.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    502
    The HHA is the way to go IMO. As far as sighting it in, make sure your shooting ability is good enough to get a decent group at 60 yards. Otherwise, the tapes will not be as accurate.

    The instructions also allow for a 40 yard second distance sight in, for those who can't group at 60. However, it states 40 sight in is not the preferred method and the shooter has to be spot on for this distance to Work correctly.

    The HHA is great for fast bows. Even my Faktor, with lighter arrows had my pins all bunched up together and hard to see through.

    Hope this helped.
    An eagle does not capture flies.

    Faktor 30
    Carbon Overdrive

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW Louisiana
    Posts
    510
    I'm shooting a HHA DS5519 on my Elite Answer, didn't care for the big 2 inch scope! Easy to set up, with the sight in tape on the wheel, sight it in at 20 & 60 yards, get the tightest groups you can! Then use the right numbered sight tape, and you'll be spot on from 20-80 yards! I also put the blue burst light on mine, but have never used it!
    2012 Elite Answer
    2011 Quest Smoke

  19. #19
    Like HHA pins and the dial very smooth, things I don't like are rusty bolts and mounting a quiver to it.

  20. #20
    Made the switch to single pin this year, I'll never look back. I'm very happy with HHA, bright pins and very tight. I'll be using them from now on period.
    Blue Fusion Alpha Elite, CBE Elite 3-D w/ Swaro Scope, Limbdriver, Bee Stinger Pro
    2 Bowtech Experiences- QAD HDX, Axcel HD, Fuse Carbon Blade
    BowTech Insanity CPX-Black Ops, Axcel HD, QAD HDX, Fuse Carbon Blade

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Angleton, TX
    Posts
    6,168
    As I've aged I find that a single pin works better for me. Shooting the 5519 on 3 of my bows now. Not likely that I'll be going back to multiple-pin sights.

    Never had the first problem with the HHA's.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj0n3s12 View Post
    How do y'all like your HHA Single Pin sights. Looking to get the HHA Sports Optimizer-Lite OL-5519. Is it easy to sight them in with the tapes for different distances
    Some people have trouble with the tapes, some don't. It's very easy to do it manually though. You can also set it for say 28 yds and never have to move it when hunting. Depends on bow speed and distances you normally hunt at.

    The one with the rheostat is the best, can't remember if the one you mentioned has it or not.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern IA
    Posts
    2,959
    I really like mine for treestand hunting. Probably wouldn't use it spot and stalk though.

    My arrow shoots pretty flat so I can pretty much leave it at a medium distance setting (say 27-30 yards) and never have to move it when hunting. Just hold a couple inches high or low. But the individual range settings make practice sessions a breeze, especially at longer ranges
    Obsession Evolution 70# Stormy Hardwoods
    K-Tech Tech 6 Stabilizer
    Limbdriver Pro
    HHA OL 5510
    Gold Tip XT Hunters, 452 Grains, Rage Hypodermic

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,812
    I've shot multi pin for 30 some years and this year went to a OL5519 and love it. Set it up and set pin on 30 yard mark for hunting. From there I'm good from 10 to 34 yards without changing a thing. Beyond that I usually have time to make a slight adjustment as I don't tighten down the lock screw as the sight does not free fall. I killed a deer and an elk with it this year and don't feel the need for a multiple pin sight in the least. One tip if you do use a multi pin sight, say on a 5 pin sight, use 20,30 50 and 60 green with an odd color say red at 40. This way in a rush it's easy to see the odd one and realize that one is your 40 and it takes some of the confusion out of quick moment decisions. That was a tip by Levi Morgan, I just borrowed it.
    Team PSE, PSE Militia, DS Advantage sight Team FeatherVision

  25. #25
    I have an OL5519 on my Bear Method,I am a big fan.I have used single pins for many years and this is a real good one.After my SIL saw mine he purchased one for his bow and is very happy with it.
    I made my own sight tape;works for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •