Thread: Info on Ross Archery

Info on Ross Archery

After shooting them at the recent bow show, I am interested in them. But not having dealera with in 100+ miles of me, so I have some more questions on them. I know I should asked the erosion, but was to eager to shoot other bows haha and forget to. What kind of cam system does it have, I know its a two cam but that is all I know. How do they tune, how is the your draw lentgh, does it run long, and how is the draw length and changed .Also, I see they come with vapor trails strings and cables, haven't shot a bow with them on it, how do they hold up, any stretch, any peep rotatin, etc. Thanks ahead for the information and let know if I have posted this in the right place.

Call and talk to Richard at Ross Archery (877-504-7677) he can answer all of your questions. I am not for sure which bow you are talking about but all the Ross bows have been very smooth and easy to tune

Info on Ross Archery

Richard at Ross will take care of you!! I'm loving the crave 33.5!!
    2013 ROSS CRAVE DRT 33.5
    2014 ROSS HEADHUNTER, 2014 ROSS XD
    Prestige Archery shooting staff..HIPS Targets pro staff
    Black Eagle field staff..Carnivores for 3d and rampages for hunting
    ROSS Archery shooting staff..TREEZYN promotion staff

I just bought an XD off of here and am thrilled with it. When it came it was way out of tune, ata almost 1/2" short, bh 1/4" short, but now that it's in spec, it's a delight to shoot. Don't know the speed yet.

I emailed Ross for the XD manual and they responded with a pdf version in about 10 minutes. Terrific customer service!

My one gripe though is with the dealers and distribution. I called two dealers to buy a new XD and neither stocked them and neither were willing to bring one in for me to shoot. Both wanted non-refundable deposits. Screw you, you're selling the product and I don't care if you're a mom and pop shop, I'm not buying something brand new without trying it. You're either in or you're out.

So my advice to Ross, who I think makes terrific bows, is to be willing to stock their dealers with shootable bows so we can try them out. I didn't want to buy used but chose to in this case because I figured I'd rather be out 300 and some dollars than 500 and some if I didn't like it.

Thanks for the info guys, Im looking at the Crave 33.5 or the H.I.T. does any one what kind of cam system Ross uses

Info on Ross Archery

Binary cam
    2013 ROSS CRAVE DRT 33.5

Okay, thanks I thought it was that but didn't know for sure. Another question is how accurate is the draw length?

Info on Ross Archery

Mine is spot on at 30 inch
    2013 ROSS CRAVE DRT 33.5

what kind of speed are you getting out of yours?

My draw is always dead on at 28. No matter where the weight is at. I'm shooting the HIT and love it. My speeds are consistent with the advertised IBO speeds of 332. I am pulling 56 lbs at 28 in. Shooting gold tip ultralights. At around 282.
    Bowtech. Easton. Scott. Axcel. B-Stinger. Quality Archery Designs.
    Perfect practice makes perfect. Anything worth doing in life is worth over doing.
    The Arrow Shop, Bartlesville OK.
    Da Vinci Custom Bowstrings

Okay thanks for the feedback, I shot the HIT at a bow show and like how it felt. How does the draw weight go for a pair of 70and lb limbs what's the max and min. Thanks again

Info on Ross Archery

I have the crave 33.5.. It's a 50 lb max and it maxes out at 51 lbs... I ll run it through chrono later and let you know
    2013 ROSS CRAVE DRT 33.5

hey guys got a couple of questions. when did ross leave bowtech? is anyone shooting that fancy target model, the specs look good for a 3d bow? thanks

Vapor trail strings are Some of best you can get!
    A Redneck lost in a yuppie town

I shoot for Ross on there shooting staff I shot their hit model and love it I have a short draw length at 27.5 but I get great speed with the gold tip x cutters at 350 grains and at 60lb draw weight the bow is fast and forgiving the cams are smooth and easy to adjust with the draw stops I have no complaints at all they have good customer service and support