Thread: Parker Blackhawk review

Lightbulb Parker Blackhawk review

I received the the bow neatly packed up. I opend the box and found some cool stuff inside.

The bow was in three pieces. flight rail trigger-stock(scope mounted and bore sighted)

limbs head unit

Quiver filled with four arrows

I also ordered the sting stops.

Ok the directions were clear and well writen, also the videos were perfect for me to have the bow together in few minutes.

I love the light weight of this bow. Its like a feather on my back. The fit and finish on this bow is awesome. The black base color with white flecks is sweet.

Ok I set out to the back yard to loose some arrows. I use a ranger finder to mark off 20 yards for the first mark in the scope. I took me three arrows to have the bow sighted in for me.

I chose the hot shot 3xIR scope. The trigger was smooth and predicable. I have been a fan of Parkers G2 triggers for a long time. This bow was right on. Ok now I walk back to 30 yards. This shot was free standing. I placed three arrows inside the small circle of my 18-1 target face!

I walk back to 40 yards free standing again yep two of the three arrows inside the circle with the thrid just out side.( I pulled it)

The bow was not very loud at the shot, I tested the bow both with and with out the string stops and they do work very well.
    I love this bow and it will be in my turkey blind this spring!

Disclaamer I am a staff shooter for Parker Bows. I can shoot any of thier bows. I picked the Blackhawk. The reason why is I hunt 99% public land and I carry my stand,bow etc,etc with me on every hunt. I hunted with the Gale Force last year (awesome bow) but it was lil heavy for me to pack in with stand,etc!

This bow is easy to load,plenty fast 320 fps,light weight and man it shoots awesome! Ya get alot of bow for the money!

This bow is 100% american made,life time waranty!
    Just a burnt out bow junkie

Nice review kozman. I hope you get the Parker bloody this spring or fall.
    Middleton 325/400SS - Hawke XB30 Compact SR - BE Executioners - Exodus Swept - Agingcrossbower Stock

Go get em Koz !! sounds like a keeper ! congrats !
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Nice review, sounds like a good bow, enjoy
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

Does the Blackhawk have the same front end and downward string issues that the Tomahawk/thunderhawk had??

Jforbob, these are a the same type of bow. Just the blackhawk is well balck in color. I have not seen any problems in person, only read about some on the internet. I have shot my bow now about 100 times and no issues. I plan on taking it turkey hunting this spring. If there is a problum I will post about it.

If a problem should occur I trust Parker Bows will fix it fast.

Koz

The problem we are experiencing is excessive downward string pressure on the rail causing premature serving wear. If you don't shoot a lot, just sight in for hunting, you won't recognize this as a problem. If you enjoy target shooting than you will be having your string re-served relatively frequently. This is built-in with the limb design, and so far Parker does not intend to do anything about it. Another factor may be the composite rail, which is not nearly as smooth as the aluminum ones. No other problems and fine accuracy. A good hunting bow, for sure.
    I have shot my Strykezone 350 may times and the serving still looks new, so I do have a legitimate comparison.
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)

Update I am at 400 arrows and no marks on my serveing. I use parkers rail lube at or about every 10 shots. I am loving this bow!

Koz

Quote Originally Posted by KOZMAN4907 View Post
    Update I am at 400 arrows and no marks on my serveing. I use parkers rail lube at or about every 10 shots. I am loving this bow!

Koz
    Wow, that is impressive. As I said in another forum, I was at a local bow shop and they had just put together a 2013 ThunderHawk that had NO down pressure on the rail (string clearance, actually). When I remarked about that he said they have been all coming in with little or no string pressure on the rail. I am rationing my shooting with my ThunderHawk to avoid getting it re-served frequently. I'll save it for a backup to my SZ 350 which also shows no wear on its serving after many shots. I am not alone in this situation with the Thunder/BlackHawk and Parker says it is within factory specifications. You are fortunate, perhaps Parker has made some change to the bow. It is a fine shooting machine and has great specs for the dollars.
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)