Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long do the batteries last on your game camera?

How long do the batteries last on your game camera?

Over the holidays I had a couple of gift cards and decided to buy a new game camera. I did not want to spend a fortune and alot of the camera's seem like crap. I have an old Wildgame camera that still works that uses C batteries and even in the warm weather only lasts about a month. I tried a stealth camera and returned it immediately as it would not work in cold weather and the batteries seem to die quick.

I picked up a Primos Ultra 40 for pretty cheap and I have been amazed with the battery life. I put it in my food plot in early January expecting it to last a month at most in the cold and double AA batteries. It is still showing 99 percent battery life going on 4 months an I have literally over 2000 pictures and very few pictures with no game on it. I am sure there may be cameras that take better pictures, but for the most part I am very impressed. I am very pleased with the battery life.

How long do your batteries last?

PRMS0057.jpg
    PRMS1295.jpg

My d cell batteries last about a month.

Usually around 3 months

I have a couple Bushnell Trophy Cam HD's, I've ran them for 6months thru a variety of modes/ settings (including time lapse,high if flash and video clips) and got thousands of pics, approx. ~5000-6000 each. I also have a Cuddeback Capture with the incadesant flash, it only lasts about 3 months a 1000~2000 pics, but the pics are great quality.
    Bowtech Destroyer 350 65# 29"dl

Primos Truth Cam, put 4 brand new D batteries into it, it was out only a couple days maybe 5? and it had to be taken down because of timber cutting, picked it up this past weekend and had 10% battery left

My M80's get about 8 months on lithiums just taking pics....My Bushnell went 14 months straight on lithiums taking pics only..... all cams are AA batteries
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

I have about 2500 pics on a covert black 60, and still showed a full charge last time I swapped cards. At this rate the batteries would last the better part of a year or maybe more.

reconyx hc 500 forever
    moultrie m80 2months, or 10,000-15,000 pics

bushnell 4-6 months

Re: How long do the batteries last on your game camera?

I just picked up 5 WG Micro Red 5. Was going to use precharged rechargeable because they don't drain during downtime the way regular rechargeables do. But the former owner told me even the cheap discount alkaline AAs at 20 cents apiece would last 3 months easily, likely longer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have found the camera that that take the AA batteries seem to be the longer lasting cameras. My Taco and Bushnell goes 5 or six months on a set of four. Mel

I have stealth ir which uses 8 d batteries. They last from 3-6 weeks. Next camera battery life will be main item I'm looking for.

I have a wildgame nation infrared camera. I can make it a a season and a half on a set of batteries. My dad has the same brand just in flash and I noticed it lasts maybe 2-3 months.
    Aim Small Miss Small

Quote Originally Posted by I like Meat View Post
    My M80's get about 8 months on lithiums just taking pics....
    This ^^^ Got 2 of them cause of this reason.
    I don't care what you shoot, as long as it's a Mathews
    MathewsZ7, HHA Optimizer, QAD Ultra HDX, Custom Parasling, Tru-Fire Hardcore, Gold Tip
    Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag, Thompson Center 7mm Mag, Thompson Center Impact
    Keltec PF9
    FIST

My Reconyx's will last a good 40,000 pictures in the summer, in the winter using the same type of batteries ( Energizer Ultimate Lithium) they only last maybe 5,000 pictures. The cold hammered hundreds of dollars of batteries for me this year.

Hi there Greg. In my Spypoint G4 and my Bushnell Trophy Cam the AA batteries will last 4 to 6 months using the photo option and about half that if I run the video. My Cuddeback Capture cameras use D batteries and they last about 2 to 3 months, but that is with them taking far fewer pictures since the trigger is not near as sensitive. I have found that cameras running AA batteries will last much longer than C or D batteries. Keep in mind I typically change my batteries out of my cameras before they completely run dead. When battery life gets under 25% or so I change them out.
    Mathews ZXT
    29" draw 62# draw weight
    Axion SSG Lite Stabilizer
    QAD HDX Rest
    Montana Black Gold Flashpoint Sight

My covert blk60 has been out since early December, takes 1000-2000 pictures a week and still shows a full charge 4months later. I even set it for video a couple weeks.

I can get 3+ months on my spypoints

My truth cam 46 got from May-January.
    KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!

Quote Originally Posted by I like Meat View Post
    My M80's get about 8 months on lithiums just taking pics....My Bushnell went 14 months straight on lithiums taking pics only..... all cams are AA batteries
    Agreed on M80.
    2012 Mathews Z9
    31" Draw
    LimbDriver Rest
    4" Axion Stabilizer
    HHA Slider

Reconyx one of mine has been out over a year an a half an it's still at 75% bat life.. No idea on how many pics over 10,000 pic tho.

My dad works at trailcampro.com and tests cameras for a living and you can call him and he can tell you what battery works best for the camera he recommends. Depending on weather you have a camera on a bait pile or a trail makes a big difference and he knows the answers.

His name is Charles Padgett and is the trail cam guru, he has been testing the new cams for this year for the last few months so he should be up to date.

We took 5 cams to the boundary waters a 2 yrs ago and one was a reconix and 4 were trophy cams and we put them on the little islands that we cleaned fish on and took pics of bald eagles and sea gulls coming in and fighting and stuff. He got lucky and one bald eagle came in fully spread with talons out for the landing and the reconix fired like clock work and got at least 3 awesome pics with its quick trigger speed and they were stinking awesome.

Hunting cams have so many cool apps and these pictures really made his yearly slide show even better.

Hi Padgett, I have used your dad's site quite abit for reviews. He does seem to give a nice fair review of the camera's and that can be a big help to all of use in making decisions. I know they put a big emphasis on battery life.

I had a truth cam 35 i think it took D batteries. Lasted from July and then in December still having 50 percent of battery left someone decided they wanted to steal my camera off my land. Trail camera thiefs suck!
    Bowtech Assassin 27" 65 lbs

Team #43 Bucknado

I have three D-55 Moultries, that will go all season on 6 C cells, as long as you use Duracell batteries.
    2010 PSE X Force Omen- 2012 Dream Season EVO- 2013 Supra Max

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast