Thread: Help build my inline press

Help build my inline press

here's a pic of what I have to work with. All stuff from the scrap pile. Even the linear actuator. It was in an old recliner. the actuator has 7" of travel going from 11 5/8" to 18 5/8". I don't think that's enough travel,and that's what the long extension bar is for. the square tube is 2' long and the unistrut is 4" long. I suck at math and calculations and I don't know computers well enough to use a program to lay out plans of what I need to do. I've got the other abilities,though. I've got access to a drill press,welder,band saw,etc. and know how to use them. I've also got plenty of other steel stock in my scrap pile. So,maybe someone would be interested in helping me lay out the plans,it would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Attachment 1640081Attachment 1640082Attachment 1640083
    '09 HCA Speed Pro
    '14 HCA Axis

High Country Archery-the fastest bows under warranty

save the linear actuator for pop-up target.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are there limit switches on the actuator? If not you could replace the screw to get it to run the desired length to be able to press and completely relax a bow. If you are only looking to press a bow, that's enough travel.

I guess the way I can see this working is by mounting your actuator to the square tubing and having the perforated tube slide through it. By looking at the 3rd picture you could mount an arm to the right side of the square tubing and the other arm to the left end of the perf tube then have the left end of the actuator mount to different holes to adjust for the length of the bow. Clear as mud, right?

BTW....Did your actuator actually come from a recliner or fall from the sky with a camera attached?