a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Samick Sage/Polaris

Samick Sage/Polaris

Hey all, just ordered the Samick Sage for me, and a smaller lighter Samick Polaris for the wife. I've read really excellent things on both bows, and can't wait to try them both but would love some tips from people who already have either bow. I have the 62" Sage with a 35# draw weight as I'm new and want to build my shoulder muscles. My wife has the 48" polaris with a 30# draw weight. Any info, such as some good strings for either bow(I believe both come with dacron strings stock), or which arrows you've had the best luck with would be great. Thanks!

Good question, I've been looking around for some answers. I've read the fast flight flemish string and this one: first string recurve, http://www.lancasterarchery.com/firs...ve-string.html
    Mostly found these recommendations on At.

Check out this thread: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1910556

Also where did you order your samicks from?

Thanks for the info! I ordered both my samicks through TwigArchery.com, they had fair pricing and package deals on the sages and polaris

wow nice website. Nifty package deals and I like the open communication they have, right on the front letting you know whats up with their stock, that's fantastic! Will look into their site for future purchases.

It says near the bottom to contact them (by phone) for matching arrows "as they don't have them for sale on their site". I'm sure they could give you more insight to your questions

Can limbs for the sage and polaris be interchanged? If they can then can I put the fast flight string on the polaris?

I bought my sage from twigarchery as well. I have a 30# with a 26in craw length so I had to use some carbon express predator II with a 800 spine. Try this for arrow selection. I helped me out to find the right arrow for me

http://www.3riversarchery.com/SpineC...tor.asp?pass=2
    Hoyt Rampage XT 50#
    Samick Sage 30#/40#
    Ragim Squirrel 40#

Quote Originally Posted by tallbaldmale View Post
    Can limbs for the sage and polaris be interchanged? If they can then can I put the fast flight string on the polaris?
    Just ordered Polaris 66 with Journey limbs from Lancaster. Tech said limbs would fit fine on Polaris riser. Yields 68" bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoche View Post
    Just ordered Polaris 66 with Journey limbs from Lancaster. Tech said limbs would fit fine on Polaris riser. Yields 68" bow.
    Does anyone know whether the Polaris 66 is a lesser grade wood than the Sage riser? From another thread someone called Samick and they said 40# limbs would be max for Polaris riser. Would that indicate that since the Sage riser will take greater loads that the wood is of higher quality than that of Polaris?

Does anyone know whether the Polaris 66 is a lesser grade wood than the Sage riser? From another thread someone called Samick and they said 40# limbs would be max for Polaris riser. Would that indicate that since the Sage riser will take greater loads that the wood is of higher quality than that of Polaris?
    Waiting 2 more days for my Samick combo. Called Lancaster re Polaris riser. Said not to worry about Polaris vs Sage riser. Said it would be OK to out heavier draw on Polaris 66 riser than the 40# one I have on order.

Are the limbs longer? I was thinking about buying Sage limbs for a Polaris riser and assumed that it would stay at 66". What length would Sage limbs bring a Polaris riser? Are there 50# limbs that would drop the length to 62"? What would the poundage be considering the different limb/riser geometry? I know that the Polaris limbs have a 2# difference between whether they're on the 66" or 62" riser.