Thread: Creed vs. Z7 Xtreme

Creed vs. Z7 Xtreme

Tell me why I should trade in the Z7 Xtreme for a Creed.

Two years ago I bought a Z7 Xtreme after 10 years with my FX. I was talked into going with a 29.5" instead of a 30" by the dealer partly for two reasons lack of patience (dealer didn't have a 30" at the time) and the dealer told me a slightly shorter draw length would make me a better shooter. Prior to this time I shot my FX for 10 years and I did not keep up with archery the way I do now so I took his word for it. Two years later and I am not happy with my shooting anymore. It feels uncomfortable. Rather than making the following changes, change my draw length (cam), buy a new string (frayed) ,reduce the poundage (getting older I have to let the limb bolts 2 1/2 turns) plus I am going to a back tension release should I just consider buying a new bow?

I am interested in the facts as well as personal feelings.

Thanks

“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high morale values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God”
    Fred Bear

Well if your not happy with what you have, go shoot the creed and see if it feels good to you, or try something different. If there is a bow that will make you happy then go for it. What you spend is up to you that your call. I usually get rid of a bow if i lose intrest in it. What someone likes you may not like it yourself.

I had a z7(regular) for years and sold it, fell in love with the Creed and ordered one, and in my down time I shot my dad's z7extreme. There is no arguing that the Creed is lighter, but it is much smoother in my opinion and possibly quieter. I changed a lot with the Creed, new release, new poundage, new arrows, etc. and am shooting substantially better. I think that it is all about feel, since that is what I love about the Creed, so I would suggest shooting one quite a bit to see what you think. I don't know anyone who was dissatisfied with one and that should speak for itself. As far as the new release goes, starting out using it with a new bow would probably be more beneficial ans you would be learning both at the same time. Good luck to ya.

Creed vs. Z7 Xtreme

I'd probably trade it and I'm not even a big fan of the Creed but none the less its lighter the draw is close to the same the Creed has a much better wall and some newer technology plus it's newer I think it's worth the upgrade.

Creed vs. Z7 Xtreme

On Saturday morning I put my new Creed together and sighted it in. On Sunday I shot a 421 on a 40 target course. I have been shooting a Z7 Xtreme for two years set at 28" and 68 pounds. My Creed is at 29" pulling 64 pounds on 70 pound limbs. The best score I ever shot with my Xtreme was a 412.
    I love the Z7 Xtreme, but I sighted in my VAPs tonight and it is officially retired to a back up bow. The Creed is a bad mama jama!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365469073.656459.jpg
    Do these Ads make my Page look Bloated?

Sounds to me like your mind is made up....I went and shot the Creed Saturday just for something to do ( not really planning on buying a new bow right now). The one at the shop was way too long in draw for me so I couldnt get use to it. I thought the bow was as quiet as my Xtreme and just as vibe free. The draw was easy ( but it was turned down to 60# and I shoot 71# with my Xtreme so it pulled super easy). I cant say anything bad about the Creed except I dont really care for split limbs ( but thats just a personal preference)....I did like it and Id prob like it alot more if I shot one at 28/70.....The cam/idler looked HUGE.... I plan on keeping my Xtreme...I shoot it CRAZY GOOD and I just cant justify spending the money on something new right now.
    Blacked Out Mathews Chill 28/70 .....HHA XL5519, QAD HDX, KTech 5 twin, T3 Quiver, Gold Tip XT 75/95's and Rage Chisel Broadheads

Mathews Drenalin 28/70....HHA DS XL5519, WB , B Stinger, GT XT 75/95's, and Rage Chisel Broadheads

Re: Creed vs. Z7 Xtreme

The Creed is heads and shoulders better than the Extreme. The Creed is much more forgiving, plus the back wall is great.

I didn't like the xtreme at all but love how my Creed shoots. That's just my preference,everyone like different things. If your not real happy with the x I'd at least shoot a Creed.
    Mathews Creed 29.5/70 blacked out. Black eagle Rampage arrows.

bought a new z7x in dec, liked it...then traded back in for a Creed and glad i did, lighter, smoother, and wisper quiet dead in the hand missle launcher...love my creed!!!

who traded you a creed for your Z7Extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove_ View Post
    who traded you a creed for your Z7Extreme?
    dealer i bought the brand new z7x from