a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: MAMBA bows? APA archery

MAMBA bows? APA archery

Ive always had an interest in the APA archery mamba line of bows, the bows look awesome to me and shoot fast.

Im just a little leary because i cannot shoot the bow before purchasing.

Does anyone have any info on these lines of bows.?
    ~~~And all you touch and all you see. Is all your life will ever be~~
    "P.Floyd"

I own the M7 and really like it. Accurate and fun to shoot. They do offer a something like try it and if you dont like it return it. Call them direct.

awesome, i will have to call them. im really looking into the NANO i think i would best fit me.

i think the are deffinatly the best looking bows out, i just hadnt heard how they shot..
    Anyone else?
    "P.Floyd"

They really havent impressed me..I Guess they are alright..Just not for me...Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

i just hate to spend that kind of money on one then not like it, when i could buy a brand new pretty much anything for the same price..

what did you not like about it grizz? back wall, vibration, noise, draw cycle?
    also wha model did you shoot?
    "P.Floyd"

I Have shot 3-4 Models over the last few years,They are not quiet..There are not loud either.They just are not my cup of Tea.If i were you.I Would shoot them or the one you want.I Know i would.Average bows imo..Not bad..Not great..I Cant and wont talk about Draw Cycle,Back wall etc..To me thats all personal preference..Remember i love the Omen and Omen Pro.So,My opinion is what it is.If you want one buy it..You might love what i dont..Grizz
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

Re: MAMBA bows? APA archery

I have an APA the mamba XL39 . It is an amazing bow.

If you contact apa, and they have a try before you buy program. Contact them.

We never see apa bows in for service at our bow shop

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    Hoyt Horizon
    APA Mamba XL39
    SF Forged

Don't know anything about their bows but here is a link to some info on how to test drive their bows http://apaarchery.com/usaintl/test-drive
    Romans 8:28

New Breed Eclipse

The Viper Nano bow you are interested in is an amazing bow no hand shock quiet solid wall and fast for a single cam I've been shooting their bows for 6 years now and have no reason to switch,I shoot their dual cam bows but a few of us were impressed with the Viper 2 of my buddies bought the Nano I stayed with the M7.I know it's difficult to buy before shooting so the test drive would be your only option.The features on the bow work great in the field and with the cam lock system I can work on my bow at home.Their customer service is second to none.

i just bought my mamba M6 and i am tickled pink with it, 2 weeks after dialing it it i got my first robin hood, after 7 years in the sport.
    they are deadly accurate, fast and no hand shock.. yes they are very so slightly a little loud, but really not too noticable compared to others i have shot, but when u are cranking out the kinda speed these things are i would gladly take a little noise to gain alot o speed
    APA Mamba M6: shooting 302fps@ 64lbs @28"draw @80.45KE
    Easton 330 HEXX, brass 50grain insert and 2.0" Blazer vanes weighing finished @403 grains
    Jim fletcher .44cal and /Tru-Ball BT Gold 4 finger releases
    Shuttle T Black Ops, Steelforce Phathead broadheads

the test drive is cool but man im sure even if i wasnt too impressed having to pay shipping cost back and forth would sway my opinion just to keep it.

chironomidkraut.... i see it says mamba m6 57lbs in your signature 305fps thats some impressive speed for that low of lbs.

at what poundage was it slightly louder, maxed out or a 57lbs i know ive had some bows that were a little noisy and adding some silencers and bumping the lbs down 5 or so helped tremendously.

i really like the looks of these bows and i love the idea id probably be the only person in my area to have one.

anyone else have any advice or experience with them.
    "P.Floyd"

i have owned two of the 2 cam black mamba`s one was a 55 lb the other was a 70 lb.they are very fast,average loud, accuracy is good.i still have the 55 lb.one, killed four nice bucks with the mamba`s,won a few medals and trophies with those mamba`s also. i also shoot hoyts and barnsdale bows. hoyt is the easiest to go try but i really like those barnsdale bows and yes they are hard to get to go shoot,but the are quiet and accurate.good luck with your choice,Pete53

Quote Originally Posted by wvbowhunter. View Post
    the test drive is cool but man im sure even if i wasnt too impressed having to pay shipping cost back and forth would sway my opinion just to keep it.

chironomidkraut.... i see it says mamba m6 57lbs in your signature 305fps thats some impressive speed for that low of lbs.

at what poundage was it slightly louder, maxed out or a 57lbs i know ive had some bows that were a little noisy and adding some silencers and bumping the lbs down 5 or so helped tremendously.

i really like the looks of these bows and i love the idea id probably be the only person in my area to have one.

anyone else have any advice or experience with them.
    ya the more draw weight the more (very slightly) string slap! i have a apache stab, and bowjax dampeners on the cable slide and string stop! that quieted it down tramendously....
    another advantage of apa is the cams come a little hot, my bow is a 50-60lbs and it actually maxes out at 64lbs, plenty of punch to it, never once regreted this $1000 purchase
    Easton 330 HEXX, brass 50grain insert and 2.0" Blazer vanes weighing finished @403 grains

i really like the nano i also really like the cheaper sidewinder but it has a few less features..

ive always been a single cam type of guy just because ive always heard of tuning issues with dual cams well ive heard hey will eventually get out of time, should i not worry about that? and just get a faster dual cam. or just get a single came nano that still has plenty enough speed

i also see now the nano is out of stock. ill have to call them see when they think they will be in.
    "P.Floyd"

Quote Originally Posted by wvbowhunter. View Post
    i really like the nano i also really like the cheaper sidewinder but it has a few less features..

ive always been a single cam type of guy just because ive always heard of tuning issues with dual cams well ive heard hey will eventually get out of time, should i not worry about that? and just get a faster dual cam. or just get a single came nano that still has plenty enough speed

i also see now the nano is out of stock. ill have to call them see when they think they will be in.
    i had a single cam before the mamba, and i really liked the draw cycle way better than the single cam, tuning is a breaze cause even if u have to put a twist here or there apa have a cam lockout feature that no bow press is needed to change strings or work on your bow..
    the only issue i have had is during the break in period my peep was about a quarter turn counter clockwise out, it now settled in the right spot and perfect!
    my advice is get a bow thats perfect for u, u are spending top dollar don't just settle.... i seen many people get hung up on the speed of a bow or all the fancy features then they couldnt shoot the bow for sh*#, cause it wasn't set up for them they were just happy with all the bling

I should have my Viper Nano by weeks end, I sold my DS3800 to purchase this APA. I gave up some speed and weight for the Nano. I hope I don't regret it. I am setting it up with eve lotion arrow rest and a Perry's no Peep.