Thread: Old Jennings Compound Bow

Post Old Jennings Compound Bow

I recently inherited an old Jennings Model T compound bow. I wanted to get it into shooting condition so I had the string replaced but the coating on the steel cables are looking a little iffy too. I talked to the shop where I took it and asked if they could replace the cables as well, not expecting too much considering they tried to talk me out of doing anything with it to begin with. They said it was inadequate and I should get a new bow. I am a person that would much rather fix up something unique. So I guess my question is, do you guys know of anyone in Pennsylvania or anywhere that might be able to build me a new cable and keep this piece of history shooting? Also if anyone could give me a little more info on this particular model that would be great. It seems like all I can find is info on the Super-T, Split-T and the T-Star. Thanks.

take the steel cables off and put shrink wrap on the bad parts, just get a longer string and put it in the tear drop and put the bow til you can take the other string off and let it down, vise versa to re-string
    I'm convinced that you can't make everyone happy.

So I'll just have to be content to confuse, annoy, and offend all of you.

Wish you were a little closer to me. I have every thing to recable that old bow. Most shops now will not bother with any thing that has a few years on it. Me, on the other hand, I love to work on the old ones. If that bow has the original cables they have a "T" type cable end and is difficult to change the string with out a press.

There is a guy I've seen on ebay selling a lot of NOS cables for older bows including Jennings. May be worth a look.

I have an Jennings Model T.

if your Model T has hangars with cut outs-holes-it is 1976 or later.

Super T is the same bow, but you can increase the draw weight by turning the limb bolts.

Split T and TStar are similar bows, but no longer with hangars-eccentrics mounted at the end of the limbs.

they were a great bow in their day.

Turns out I was right to be worried about the cables. They snapped on me the other day now the cable is lodged in between the cam and the limb. I doubt it will really be cost efficient to do anything with it. Which is a shame because it did pull and shoot real nice while it was up and running. Oh well, I guess I'll keep it and maybe get it fixed one of these days. Thanks for the info anyway guys.