Thread: Slick trick reviews

Slick trick reviews

I currently shoot 100gr muzzy 3 blade broadheads but I am looking to try some differant heads. I have no problems with muzzy, I think they are great broadheads. I am just looking to try some other heads out there to see how well they work.
    I dont shoot mechanicals and I never will(personal preferance). I have been looking at the slick tricks and was wondering if I could get some field reviews and thoughts on them. I am not looking to hear from haters, just from people who have used them and what their experience was with them. Would like to hear input (good or bad) on penetration, flight, and bloodtrails. Would also like to see some pictures if possible. Remember, No haters please. Just honest field tested reviews.

Thanks
    Henry

if you do a search on here you will find tons of info and pics for these, people love them.
    Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.

i shot slick tricks (standards) for a season or two about 6 years ago not long after they came out (i think). but anyways field point accuracy is there for sure, they fly great.
    like all little compact heads the blade angle is not as steep i guess you could say.. wich is one thing i did not like, i felt like i didnt get very much penetration compared to Muzzys and such. i think pound for pound the ferrul tipped muzzys will out penerate anything especially through bone IMO, but i always had to tune muzzy's wich i cannot stand doing every season. i like to have confidence that my arrow is going to hit where i want everytime, and hit just like my field tips. wich slick tricks deffinatly do.

Id say in my mind the s.t.'s have an edge cause they fly so well, but really with technology today most heads fly just like field tips out of a tuned bow.. ive also shot magnus stingers, cabelas copperhead broadheads and both these heads flew perfect just like field tips out to 40yrds. wich is as far as i tested.
    ~~~And all you touch and all you see. Is all your life will ever be~~
    "P.Floyd"

I shot Muzzy MX4 for years with great success. I am trying the ST magnums now. Shot one doe last fall with them. She went 30 yards after a double lung. Not a great blood trail.
    Both brands shoot like a dart for me.
    I do like the ST steel ferrule.

I have nothing bad to say about tricks. I have never broken a blade, they fly great, blades are sharp they penetrate very well. I'm not sure what else I could ask for. The wife, even at 48 pounds, has had nothing but good results with them. Also, the head (in general terms) has very little to do with the quality of a blood trail. Shot placement, internal hemorrhage, etc does.

I have had great success with all ST brand heads. I have broke a few in deer shoulders though. Even though, they still put the deer down fast with ample blood trails.

The Grizz Trick has been my favorite. It rips the deer up and leaves a nasty trail to follow! Awesome head for sure.

You can see from this pic 240 lb dressed buck I killed, that the Slick Trick Mag puts a good hole in them!

I will review them. They fly like darts when I can't get other broad heads to fly right. They are tuff and I have never damaged one. Blood trails are up with the best I have ever seen. They do leave slug holes and I have seen people in camp who just can't believe the sizes of the holes. It's my go to broadhead

image.jpg
    Everything is obama's fault...

Great heads and not over-priced. I shoot the standards and from a 51# bow, I got a dbl lung pass through at 43 yards. Razor sharp, fly great and priced right.
    "A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart" - Johann Wolfgang Goethe

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Slick tricks are about average. I've found a lot better that work really well out of my setup. I hope that's not to much hate for you.
    Team OverKill
    Nightmare ProStaff
    Florida State
    2014 BCS National Champions

I shoot the slick trick mags puts a nasty hole like a slug in them. The blood trails are very good as well my son slipped and fell in one a couple years back lol. I personally think there the best flying broad head for a fixed blade. I have yet to have a broad head hang up in a deer. The blades are so sharp you probably be bleeding when ya set them up. I have never had any damage to the slick tric mags once recovered. I switched from muzzy because I never had very good blood trails and had several heads bend.
    Nothing like splattered blood all over leaves

Slick trick reviews

Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

I've shot 100 gr. ST magnums since 2005 and will never switch. Great arrow flight, easy to tune, HUGE holes and good blood trails. Put the arrow in the right place and they will do their job.
    I like fixed blades for the fact that if they stay in the animal, that head is in there carving up the animal, doing more damage.
    United Bowhunters of New Jersey
    "If it doesn't have big antlers or gobble, I don't hunt it"

Slick tricks are one of the top 2 broadheads out there imo, shot them for 7 years, in 2012 I went to qad exodus and won't be going back to ST.

the slick tricks mag and standard shot awesome with good blood trails.
    St Grizz trick and GT2 needed a little fine tuning but after that shot great with great blood trails
    razor trick and viper tricks shot with fps out to any distance I shot them a couple blood trails were not the best but found the deer and rams, but shot out of a lower poundage bow they are a great pic.
    2014 BT RPM 50lbs for wife 378 grain arrow 271 fps and 42 fps faster then her elite.
    2013 Hoyt spyder LD specs to come.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    SZ 350

I have used the Slick Trick brand of broadheads since shortly after they came out and will not shoot any other brand. Every Slick Trick I have tried flew to the same POI as my field points (I did have to do a little tune).

I can not understand those who will not shoot them because of the blade angle causing poor penetration. I think that is Male Bovine Extretion and is based on opinion from some one that has not tried one, rather actual results. I just wonder how deep into the sand do they think an arrow has to go. I get complete pass through on all of mine even one that hit the shoulder. Blood trail have been very good but I think that blood trails are more about shot placement than the BH being used.

I do think that next season I will be using their new COC ViperTrick.
    65# Hoyt Katera-Rip Cord rest, Reflex Buckskin-Whisker Biscuit rest
    Jim Fletcher FlatHead Release, HAA-OL-5000 sight,
    Winners Choice String and Cables
    GT Pro Hunters , SlickTrick125

I've shot many deer with the Slick Trick Mags with excellent results. Big holes, great blood trails, fly great and very sharp blades.Shot a couple last year with the Grizz Tricks. They flew great and cut BIG holes!

It's hard to beat a Slick Trick Mag. I've killed plenty of deer with them and i can't find a reason to change. Unbeatable accuracy, sharp, 4 cutting blades, and a price that won't break the bank. Every deer I've shot with them has been a complete pass through, and the blood trails were excellent.
    '13 PSE DNA 30" 60# 315 fps, Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575
    09 Elite GT500 29.6" 66# 307 fps -Stage 1 Strings - Tater Tuned!
    Maxima Hunter 350 - Blue Streak Selects 350 Summit Treestands
    Slick Trick Mags, Treelimb Premium Quiver,
    "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

ST are the best head Imo....shot many brands over the years and they are the best flying, sharpest and most durable on the market. There are others that will make bigger holes no doubt but I'll take accuracy, sharpness and durability over size any day.
    Just a sneeekin around

Hoyt Maxxis 35 67#/30" 298 fps 400gr VAP 300 ST Mag 100gr 80lbs KE

Slick tricks are good mmmkay

Thanks everyone. I appreciate any input.

Are Slick Tricks the best affordable broadhead... I do not know because I have not tried them all. But I will say they are an excellent product, they fly really well, they are razor sharp and somewhat affordable. The only two fixed heads I've tried that fly better are the Shuttle T loc and the Wacem Triton, but they fly only fractionally better and both are not as sharp and both only have three blades.

I got a pack of standards today, they fly incredible. I think I am going to give them a try on this up coming turkey season.

My friend gave me a slick trick to convince me they flew like fps. I shot it at 70 yds with the hope of undermining his belief in the ST. POI was in the bullseye! I was convinced!

Quote Originally Posted by ofashea View Post
    My friend gave me a slick trick to convince me they flew like fps. I shot it at 70 yds with the hope of undermining his belief in the ST. POI was in the bullseye! I was convinced!
    They do indeed!