a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOXIC Broadhead Review Video

TOXIC Broadhead Review Video

Check out this crazy broadhead. I was skeptical at first but actually think I might put one through a few animals after checking it out more. Flies great and hits hard. Anyways see for yourself.... Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QjGFZOLEA

Gnarly looking but i will let other hunters test it before i opine.

I have pics of kills with them...flys true and packs a punch...If you want yo see pics let me know and I will post them...
    PARK-N-SONS ARCHERY CUSTOM STRINGS AND TUNING (AKA ex-wolverine)
    "ADVANCING ARCHERY ONE STRING AT A TIME"
    AUTHORIZED OBSESSION BOWS DEALER
    Please visit my site and contact us @ parknsonsarchery dot com for questions on pricing
    Please note: I do not take string orders here on Archery Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ex-wolverine View Post
    I have pics of kills with them...flys true and packs a punch...If you want yo see pics let me know and I will post them...
    yes post them...would love to see them!

I don't know. I don't have any experience with them but it looks like if you don't get a pass thru shot that it may plug up the wound leaving a poor blood trail. It looked like some of the softer materials they shot were making a plug that stayed in the blade channel that would lead me to suspect this could happen.

I want to see the pics!!

**** I tried to order those 3.5 months ago I gave 2 weeks ago. They just don't seem to exist.

No just the opposite will happen...the hole is cut so the skin and fur will not plug the hole..even if it is a pass through the hole will not plug up and the animal will bleed out fast...One of the pis is an elk pass through over 40 yards...

The design is as such the blades flex open so they dont plug up...Arrow flight is amazing and the hole is massive...you dont have 3 little slits going into an animal...Imagine if you will shoving a sharp PVC pipe into somthing ...What you have is a hole that cant be plugged up...

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Creeker View Post
    I don't know. I don't have any experience with them but it looks like if you don't get a pass thru shot that it may plug up the wound leaving a poor blood trail. It looked like some of the softer materials they shot were making a plug that stayed in the blade channel that would lead me to suspect this could happen.
    Please visit my site and contact us @ parknsonsarchery dot com for questions on pricing

They look very interesting have some on order from todd39

Hoyt Carbon Element
    Bowtech Experiance
    Obsession Phoenix

They do exist, just had sooo many orders

Like everything else this year, Im having to wait 8-10 weeks on CBE, 4 weeks on Doinker, 10 days or more from BCY...Archery has been crazy this year...Lancaster is sucking up all the products...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Smoknnca View Post
    **** I tried to order those 3.5 months ago I gave 2 weeks ago. They just don't seem to exist.

My typing and spelling is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ex-wolverine View Post
    No just the opposite will happen...the hole is cut so the skin and fur will not plug the hole..even if it isnt a pass through the hole will not plug up and the animal will bleed out fast...One of the pics is an elk pass through over 40 yards...

The design is as such the blades flex open so they dont plug up...Arrow flight is amazing and the hole is massive...you dont have 3 little slits going into an animal...Imagine if you will; shoving a sharp PVC pipe into somthing ...What you have is a hole that cant be plugged up...

Nice pics!!
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2013 Hoyt spyder LD
    2014 BT RPM 51.7lbs for wife 378 grain 271fps & 2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    2015 bowtech Boss on order
    2015 Hoyt nitrum on order

TOXIC Broadhead Review Video

I like the idea, now to see if they function...

Sent from The People's Republic of New York.

Tom how do they compare in the noise department and the sharpness out of the pack?
    Bob

How are these on a target? Looks like it's taking chunks out of a few targets in the video.

How do you resharpen the blades?

Quote Originally Posted by mgobluenut11 View Post
    How are these on a target? Looks like it's taking chunks out of a few targets in the video.
    They chew up targets bad. I put 9 shots in the same hole and had punched a quarter sized cave through it haha

Well that's answers my question. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by r49740 View Post
    How do you resharpen the blades?
    Replaceable. They go together like the muzzy head

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter63082 View Post
    They chew up targets bad. I put 9 shots in the same hole and had punched a quarter sized cave through it haha
    That could be a problem. Good to know though. Thanks.

This answers your questions on accuracy...

the best target to use is cheap styrofoam....Then replace the blades like any other replacable blade broadhead

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter63082 View Post

Should be interesting to see some of the results and opinions on them now that they seem to be making their way out into people's hands.
    Currently shopping for new bow
    MBG Ascent 5 pin
    QAD HDX

Quote Originally Posted by chirohunter73 View Post
    Should be interesting to see some of the results and opinions on them now that they seem to be making their way out into people's hands.
    Yep we're going to try and pound a turkey tomorrow

Looks interesting. Unlike today's trend of cutting the largest slit you can with a rage or extra large cut on contact, this broadhead takes a different approach; cutting a smaller area, but totally & completely destroying it...by removing it! On the con side, it's basically a 1 shot head; no way to resharpen.

Will be interesting to read the feedback from guys that use these on live critters.
    Buffalo Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Hunter View Post
    Looks interesting. Unlike today's trend of cutting the largest slit you can with a rage or extra large cut on contact, this broadhead takes a different approach; cutting a smaller area, but totally & completely destroying it...by removing it! On the con side, it's basically a 1 shot head; no way to resharpen.

Will be interesting to read the feedback from guys that use these on live critters.
    ya but you can replace blades. Plus I keep all my "kill" arrows in thier own box after they did the job lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast