Archery Talk Forum banner

TOXIC Broadhead Review Video

6K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  r49740 
#1 ·
Check out this crazy broadhead. I was skeptical at first but actually think I might put one through a few animals after checking it out more. Flies great and hits hard. Anyways see for yourself.... Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QjGFZOLEA

#5 ·
I don't know. I don't have any experience with them but it looks like if you don't get a pass thru shot that it may plug up the wound leaving a poor blood trail. It looked like some of the softer materials they shot were making a plug that stayed in the blade channel that would lead me to suspect this could happen.

#8 ·
No just the opposite will happen...the hole is cut so the skin and fur will not plug the hole..even if it is a pass through the hole will not plug up and the animal will bleed out fast...One of the pis is an elk pass through over 40 yards...

The design is as such the blades flex open so they dont plug up...Arrow flight is amazing and the hole is massive...you dont have 3 little slits going into an animal...Imagine if you will shoving a sharp PVC pipe into somthing ...What you have is a hole that cant be plugged up...

#24 ·
Looks interesting. Unlike today's trend of cutting the largest slit you can with a rage or extra large cut on contact, this broadhead takes a different approach; cutting a smaller area, but totally & completely destroying it...by removing it! On the con side, it's basically a 1 shot head; no way to resharpen.

Will be interesting to read the feedback from guys that use these on live critters.

#27 ·
The fact that they are only 7/8" would make them illegal for me to hunt with. I wonder if they have plans of going to 1" or larger.

#30 ·
-7/8” cutting dia.
-Just under 5” of cutting surface
-The blades have a single beveled edge on the inside of the blades. This is to force and funnel air to go through the broadhead verses around the head. Also is designed to push the blades open when friction or resistance builds up in between the blades. So if you hit bone, the blades are designed to open/ flex open. This way your not trying to remove a core sample from solid bone.
-The blades are .025” thick, made of Stainless Steel
-The tip is case hardened steel.

They have some penetration tests at their office. used a solid hard woods ¾” plywood. Tested against some big mechanicals and fixed blades. The Toxic out penetrated the big mechanicals and still had all of the blades, where the mechanicals barley had any blades left. Then it was tested with another very popular fixed blade, and had the same amount of penetration through the plywood. They have had a pass through on an elk @48yds,

- ferrule is Aluminum
- Blades are replaceable. Remove the tip and slide the blades out the front of the head

javelina @60yds quatering into. Here is the pic of the Javi --pretty nasty

#43 ·
I will say yesterday we played with this head a picture does this head no justice its a work or art...At 20 yards with a av'3 equipped arrow this head was 2-3 inches low.an arrow with blazers shot a half inch high.stepped back to 30 yards the arrow with av'3 hit 6-9 inches left .and the blazer equipped arrow was 1-2 inches low.this was just a little mini test I did I will have more today on this head.overall all this head is awesome I have shot it several times in a block target and is still razor sharp.no nicks or flaws at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.