Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech Experience Review

Bowtech Experience Review

Check out my review of the new Bowtech Experience. You will have to watch the video, but I ran a few arrows through the chrono and this bow is crazy fast!

http://bonesnbroadheads.com/2013/04/...rience-review/
    BowTech Experience CPX, Montana Black Gold Ascent, B-Sting Pro Hunter stabilizer, TightSpot quiver, Easton Axis FMJ, Rocket Meatseeker Broadheads

Good review! The Experience is an awesome bow for sure. Best bow I've ever shot in all my years with compounds without a doubt.

Happy Shooting to you.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

I like mine so far......Great draw cycle, fast and quiet......just haven't had a chance to shoot it as much as I want to yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bowtech Commander
    (Compound Traditionalist…and inconspicuous Old Timer)
    Bear Super Kodiak

Really enjoying mine as well. Curious how old this review is? I thought I read here that the string stop has changed on the newer bows?
    Eric Frein is a gutless coward

I filmed this review last week. From my understanding, the string stop concept is the same, it is more of a material change to the stop itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Really enjoying mine as well. Curious how old this review is? I thought I read here that the string stop has changed on the newer bows?
    BowTech Experience CPX, Montana Black Gold Ascent, B-Sting Pro Hunter stabilizer, TightSpot quiver, Easton Axis FMJ, Rocket Meatseeker Broadheads

good review. the experience is an awesome bow for sure!

I just bought mine and the string stop is NOT like the one on the Bowtech website.
    Mine has a groove in it with loose "fingers" that dampen the string......I don't know if that is the "new" one or the website is the new one.
    Bowtech Commander
    (Compound Traditionalist…and inconspicuous Old Timer)
    Bear Super Kodiak

The experience is absolute great shooting Bow, but I have put the both these bow through the chrono back to back and the insanity is 10fps faster .you had better check your chrono because your info is dead wrong.I shot them both at 30" 70lb 351gr arrow.experience 334-337 and the insanity shot 345-347fps .
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ."............................ .....................Team 4. IN 4 THE WIN

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    The experience is absolute great shooting Bow, but I have put the both these bow through the chrono back to back and the insanity is 10fps faster .you had better check your chrono because your info is dead wrong.I shot them both at 30" 70lb 351gr arrow.experience 334-337 and the insanity shot 345-347fps .
    Agree totally. My Insanity is 11-12 fps faster with the same arrow than my Experience. 29.5"/71lb 390 grain arrow.

My insanity and experience were ran through the same chrono. So even if the chrono is "off" it is off for both bows. Both bows were tuned by the same person....so a lot of consistency that makes me believe it's not a chrono issue; the experience is just that fast.

Every experience sold out of my local bow shop has far exceeded IBO and a lot of them are close to, or beating the insanity.

So you really think the experience is 20fps faster than bowtech rates it at or the insanity is 20fps slower?these are the fact as I have setup both .the experience will do what bowtech said spot on and the insanity was a little over rated.there no dout the insanity is 10fps faster .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman View Post
    My insanity and experience were ran through the same chrono. So even if the chrono is "off" it is off for both bows. Both bows were tuned by the same person....so a lot of consistency that makes me believe it's not a chrono issue; the experience is just that fast.

Every experience sold out of my local bow shop has far exceeded IBO and a lot of them are close to, or beating the insanity.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ."............................ .....................Team 4. IN 4 THE WIN

All I'm saying is when I setup my sight tape in archers advantage (which FPS goes into that equation) my insanity was 243 FPS. My dealer has the sight tape info saved in AA.

I know it's hard to believe but this is not the first Experience my dealer has setup that this has happened to.

So you really think the experience is 20fps faster than bowtech rates it at or the insanity is 20fps slower?these are the fact as I have setup both .the experience will do what bowtech said spot on and the insanity was a little over rated.there no dout the insanity is 10fps faster .
    I honestly think there is some middle ground here. There is way too many reports of the Experience exceeding it's IBO. Actually, most have. I don't believe that it is reasonable to conclude that everyone's chrono but yours is off. I will say that the Experience is not shooting 20 fps over IBO either. It's not a Hoyt Spyder30. Mine is shooting with a 343 IBO that was shot through a chrono that I trust. If it was running hot then by that logic every bow that was shot out of it would be hot but that is not the case. Myself along with a couple other people that I know want honest numbers. It doesn't make me feel good or boast my ego to have a chrono lie to me. I would agree that it would be normal for the Insanity to be 10 fps faster than the Experience. Same cams but there is an inch difference in brace height. While 20 fps over IBO is a bit much I really don't see 6-8 fps over even a question.

I have shot them back to back with the same arrow and through the same chrono .both were setup exactly the same and the insanity is 10fps faster..I know chrono very so I'm not arguing the Fps that your getting but I assure you that the insanity is 10fps faster.The spyder 30 is the only bow to shoot 20fps over it's rating.lol

I have shot them back to back with the same arrow and through the same chrono .both were setup exactly the same and the insanity is 10fps faster..I know chrono very so I'm not arguing the Fps that your getting but I assure you that the insanity is 10fps faster.The spyder 30 is the only bow to shoot 20fps over it's rating.lol
    I would agree.

I was in New England last weekend and Hall's Arrow had a left handed Experience that I had the chance to shoot. It was love at first shot! The first impression is how nice it looks, a very nice looking bow for sure. Then the draw, nice and smooth (I have bad shoulders so I'm hyper critical of draw cycles). There was nothing on the bow but a little flipper style rest and a match taped on the riser for a sight. No stabilizer. The bow was stupid/crazy quiet (or crazy/stupid quiet). Unbelievably so. The feel at the shot is the best I have ever encountered. In comparison to most other bows, it feels like slapping a cloud as opposed to slapping a wall (for lack of a better way to describe it). I was only shooting at about 8-10 yards so I couldn't really make an assessment on how it holds, but the balance of the bow was great. With only about a dozen arrows out of the bow (at close range - so not really a true evaluation), I would say it is the nicest bow I have ever shot. I believe I will have to have one to play with!

I think it would be accurate to rate the experience at 340fps and the insanity at 350fps.

All of, or most of the reports I have seen of the Experience exceeding IBO, were calculated up from other than 30" draw, or heavier or lighter arrow. I don't put much faith in these calculations. The only real way to tell is to shoot both at 30" draw, with a 350GR arrow, such as onepin did. I believe those results. Just my two cents worth.

Ttt

Most reports with the Experience is they're running about 342-342 IBO, with a lighter arrow.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Mine is coming in at 343 with two different arrow setups. This is using the calculated method, so take it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4hunting View Post
    Mine is coming in at 343 with two different arrow setups. This is using the calculated method, so take it for what it's worth.
    I'd like to add my chrono has hit calculated ibo on a few bows, but never over.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4hunting View Post
    I'd like to add my chrono has hit calculated ibo on a few bows, but never over.
    Mine is coming in at 343 IBO also with a 375 grain and 452 grain arrows. Same chrono with other bows hitting their IBO or close to it. Your case and mine is not the only ones I have seen reporting this either. People say that the chrono must be hot but where that logic fails is the fact that when you shoot a different make and model bow and it hits IBO. Either that other bow is extremely slow and the hot chrono just happens to read that it is hitting its IBO or the chrono is pretty close and the Experience or any other bow is exceeding it's IBO.

Good review...

Quote Originally Posted by 07commander View Post
    all of, or most of the reports i have seen of the experience exceeding ibo, were calculated up from other than 30" draw, or heavier or lighter arrow. I don't put much faith in these calculations. The only real way to tell is to shoot both at 30" draw, with a 350gr arrow, such as onepin did. I believe those results. Just my two cents worth.
    x2!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast