Thread: Bear motive 7 vs Bear method

Bear motive 7 vs Bear method

I've been doing a ton of research on new bows. Ive been out of the bow scene for a while now, and never really got that into it years ago. I've decided to go with on of the Bear bows as I really like the grip, they get great reviews and the performance is there. I know I am not going about this the right way. I should go somewhere where I can shoot several types of bows, but the closest bow shop is 180mi away, and I don't have time to make the trip. So all I have to go on is other peoples reviews, opinions, and the specs on the bow. So here is my big question. Im in between the motive 7 and the method. They have a little different riser design, but the geometry is very similar. They both use the new H13 cam. The only major difference I see is 4x4 roller system and the price. The motive7 being $900 and the method at $650. Am I correct in assuming that the 4x4 roller is the only difference? If I am correct, how can I justify another $250 for that? Will I really notice it?

Re: Bear motive 7 vs Bear method

IMO the roller guard does make a difference in smoothness of draw, but the string suppressors are also different in the motive. They're adjustable... which also makes very little difference. The METHOD is an amazing bow at that price point. If you want the look of the motive, then there's your answer. If you want the best $650 bow money can buy... go with the Method.

I've told a lot of people since they've come out that if you're wanting the 340 ibo bow, you may as well go with the method. It's fast and quiet and smooth. Put a saunder's hyperglide on it and the draw is smooth as silk. If you don't want to go all the way to the Motive 6, I personally would go with the Method. Unfortuantely the Motive 7 is kind of the middle child.
    Bear Anarchy 29" 70#, QAD HDX, TruGlo Tru-Site Extreme compact micro-adjust, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

motive 7 imo
    Xpedition Xplorer 65# 28.5" 346Grain Easton Flatlines 290fps Rage Titaniums
    All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

Motive 7' s brace height is 7 inches and the method is 6 3/4 that and the roller guard are the difference.i have the method and love it.

I guess I just figured the 1/4" wouldn't make a difference.

Upon further review I discovered the Motive 7 also has a stainless steel stabilizer bushing. I am leaning towards the Method now, I just cant see a $250 difference. I want to spend the money and get a good bow that will last for years, but I can use that extra $250 on other better components for the bow; sights, quiver, rest, release, etc. Can anybody tell me why I shouldn't "go cheap" and get the Method? "Going cheap", isn't my style and it usually bites me in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by deweymcconnell View Post
    Upon further review I discovered the Motive 7 also has a stainless steel stabilizer bushing. I am leaning towards the Method now, I just cant see a $250 difference. I want to spend the money and get a good bow that will last for years, but I can use that extra $250 on other better components for the bow; sights, quiver, rest, release, etc. Can anybody tell me why I shouldn't "go cheap" and get the Method? "Going cheap", isn't my style and it usually bites me in the ass.
    The Method is an awesome bow for its price point , I run a Saunders on mine and it glides great. Definitely go with the higher price accessorys with the money you save. Either way you will be happy.
    Elite Pulse 2013 - Target
    Shrewd Sight + Scope, Shrewd stabilizers,
    AAE pro blade rest, Carter Honey 3 finger +
    Goldtip series 22 arrows.
    Hoyt Vector 35 - Hunting

It comes down to what you are willing to pay for a new bow. If money wasn't an issue it would be the Motive. I shot the Motive 6 and all I can say is WOW. Now I didn't shoot the Method(didn't have a demo), but I have put the Saunders Hyper Glide on my Assault and it smoothed out the draw cycle. So for now I'am leaning closer to the Method.

The Motive has a machined riser and I'm pretty sure the Method's riser is cast. That would account for most of the difference in price. I considered the Method but ended up buying a Motive 7. Not sure if I made the right choice but I do love my Motive 7. I plan to keep it a long time and shoot it every day so I figured I'd spend the extra money for the top of the line bow.

Quote Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
    The Motive has a machined riser and I'm pretty sure the Method's riser is cast. That would account for most of the difference in price. I considered the Method but ended up buying a Motive 7. Not sure if I made the right choice but I do love my Motive 7. I plan to keep it a long time and shoot it every day so I figured I'd spend the extra money for the top of the line bow.
    All the new risers are machined out of forged aluminum. At least that's what the rep told me when I asked.
    Bear Anarchy 29" 70#, QAD HDX, TruGlo Tru-Site Extreme compact micro-adjust, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

Well I finally got a chance to shoot the motive 6 and the method. Im glad I did. I shot the method first and loved it, very smooth draw. It was a strange sensation when I released the arrow, I could barely tell I shot something. Very smooth to say the least. Then I told them, I might as well shoot the motive 6 while I was there. What a difference, the draw was a lot harder and choppy. I dont know if this was because I have a longer draw at 30.5" and the motive only goes to 30" or what. I personally hated the motive 6 and it smacked my arm every time I shot it. So I have the method on order now. Im glad I got a chance to shoot them. I dont know how the motive 7 would compare, they didnt have one on hand

That is not the way the Motive 6 I shot felt. But it was the same when you let the arrow fly.

I haven't shot a Motive 6 but I own a Motive 7 at 31" DL and it does not shoot anything like the Motive 6 you describe. It shoots more like the way you describe the Method. Very smooth, solid back wall and you can hardly feel it when you release the arrow. Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy your Method. Great bow for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by deweymcconnell View Post
    Well I finally got a chance to shoot the motive 6 and the method. Im glad I did. I shot the method first and loved it, very smooth draw. It was a strange sensation when I released the arrow, I could barely tell I shot something. Very smooth to say the least. Then I told them, I might as well shoot the motive 6 while I was there. What a difference, the draw was a lot harder and choppy. I dont know if this was because I have a longer draw at 30.5" and the motive only goes to 30" or what. I personally hated the motive 6 and it smacked my arm every time I shot it. So I have the method on order now. Im glad I got a chance to shoot them. I dont know how the motive 7 would compare, they didnt have one on hand
    Congrats on the new bow, its definitely a great shooter. When ever I'm at a shoot others comment on how quiet and quick the bow is , I just keep smiling , especially when they are shooting a bow worth twice the money.
    Elite Pulse 2013 - Target
    Shrewd Sight + Scope, Shrewd stabilizers,
    AAE pro blade rest, Carter Honey 3 finger +
    Goldtip series 22 arrows.
    Hoyt Vector 35 - Hunting