Thread: My Quick Kodabow Review

My Quick Kodabow Review

I am the proud owner of a Kodabow Express 185 lb crossbow!! Since there aren’t too many threads circulating on here about them, I figured I would do a quick review.

Whenever you mention Kodabow there are a few features that come to mind immediately: great quality/finish, great trigger, superb accuracy, and great customer service. I expected to get all of those features with this bow and I was not disappointed. The fit and finish were flawless as expected. The machining work on this bow is a thing of beauty!!! The trigger is crisp with no creep. Thirty yards is as far as Ive shot it so far and I was able to get same hole accuracy with BEA executioners. The customer service impressed me as well. They used FED EX (the fastest shipper In my experiences) and set it up where I got tracking updates sent to my email address!! Nice!! I emailed them with questions and they were answered promptly by the CEO!!! How often do you see that??

Now let’s get to what I was most surprised by. This bow is quiet for a crossbow. It comes stock with two bowjax arrow hold down dampeners, built in string suppressors, and an endless loop string (not sure of the material). There is virtually no residual vibration on the shot! It is one smooth shooting crossbow. Im actually glad I didn’t go ahead and buy the split limb dampeners because this bow is quiet enough as is.

The second thing that surprised me was how content I was with the adjustable AR 15 stock. Its actually quite comfortable. I was convinced that I would need to buy an aftermarket option to get a solid, comfortable cheek weld. The only problem I had with it was that it rattled. Chuck Matasic had a quick video to take the “wiggle” out of the stock with a piece of tape on the inside to tighten up the tolerances. The mod took me all of five minutes and worked nicely.

The cocking rope is a departure from the conventional rope cockers that most of us are used to. It takes some getting used to, but works quite well. At 185lbs, the draw weight is similar to my 175lb excalibur. As far as weight/balance, the bow is mostly machined, so its heavier than the excal by comparison. I haven’t weighed it yet, but It does balance well in the hand IMO.

All in all I am very impressed by this crossbow and think its well worth the money. I’ve bought and sold my fair share of bows over the years and I believe that the Kodabow is here to stay. I wont compare it to my excaliburs, but I will tell you that the Koda Express is more than likely going to become my go to bow this season.

Nice review and nice bow!! I am glad you like it. Now lets see some pics of groups out at 40 yards!!
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

Enjoy the new bow, Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by Zrt1200 View Post
    Nice review and nice bow!! I am glad you like it. Now lets see some pics of groups out at 40 yards!!
    A little demanding arent we?? Lol. 40 yd groups are forthcoming!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by copperjohn View Post
    A little demanding arent we?? Lol. 40 yd groups are forthcoming!!! :-)
    Well, YA!! With that bow it should be a chump shot!! LOL
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

Thanks for the review! I'm going to have to get a kodabow. Also, the stock string material on the kodabow is Dyneema, I believe.
    DTM SS330/SS355/SL390

Congrats on your new bow, I've never owned one (believe it or not :-) but I've heard great things about them I know backnwhack is going to end up with one
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Pin, the prophet!
    DTM SS330/SS355/SL390

Sometimes its not hard to figure it out :-) You get that one and let me know how you like it and I'll let you know how the 355 does :-)
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    Sometimes its not hard to figure it out :-) You get that one and let me know how you like it and I'll let you know how the 355 does :-)
    Deal!
    DTM SS330/SS355/SL390

By far the best looking recurve crossbow I have seen yet. That thing just screams dead Bambi.
    Middleton 325/400SS Combo - Hawke XB30 Compact SR - Executioners - Exodus Swept - Agingcrossbower Stock
    Mission MXB-320 - Hawke 3x32

I believe I am going to treat myself to one this year
    Micro 335
    Hawke XB30
    Matrix 380
    Hawke XB30 Pro

Awesome Crossbows!

Nice crossbow Been looking really hard at Kodabow myself. Looking forward to see how well in groups out to 50 yards
    Bear Buckmaster Maxpoint, Hogwire Bowstring, 400 gr Easton Powerbolts,
    Rocky Mountain Snypers, Munch Mount, Excalibur Twilight DLX, 330 fps

Good luck ... with the new bow. It looks like a good hunter.

One thing, I have to disagree with you on FedEx. I hate that company. I'll take the USPS before FedEx, and that's saying something. FedEx is incredibly difficult to get to leave a package and impossible to get in touch with and talk or communicate with a human. I'll take UPS any day. I'm almost to the point of my refusing to purchase from a supplier if they say they ship FedEx. It's becoming a make or break issue for me because they're so bad around here.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Thread is over a year old.
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)

Time for another look.
    For a re-curve I like them alot. Time tested bulletproof. One of not so many xbows made today that fit that category.
    The Most American made crossbow on the market today.
    Scorpyd Orion for O-ryan-Parker Pin Point 1-4x with "SNAP AND GO" Q NOCKS
    Scorpyd Velocity 165-Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16x50 mrad
    Scorpyd RDT 165- HHA Dial w/ Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5x10x50 German #4 reticle
    Bowtech SZ350

Undeniably well made. The local shop has them. They are a little heavy and tactical for me, but they are built like a tank.
    <')))><

Quote Originally Posted by jhfoutz View Post
    Thread is over a year old.
    Yep, what's rocko 50's inside purpose of digging up this thread versus starting a new one?