Thread: Eastman Outdoors

Eastman Outdoors

I just wanted to give a big public thank you to the people at Eastman Outdoors, and especially Guy Eastman. My grandfather was a big game hunter back in the 50's & 60's. He passed away in 1973 when I was only 6 years old. Gordon Eastman used to film my grandfather on some of his hunts in Alaska. Now, 40 years later, Guy Eastman has helped put me in touch with a person that has actual hunting footage of my grandfather, and his, on a couple of Alaskan hunts. I recently received the footage on a DVD, and I have to say it was a very emotional moment for me and my family. I can't thank Eastmans enough, and can only say this; It really shows me what kind of people the Eastmans are when they are willing to go out of their way to help find old film footage that's 50 years old. That shows the kind of character that we need to keep and support in the hunting world. Once again, THANK YOU Eastmans, and especially Guy Eastman. You have given my family one of the greatest gifts it would ever receive.

A bunch of Martin/ Rytera and Strother bows
    Bowstringdepot threads on everything
    Protect the heritage and sport, not the brand.

Well that is pretty cool. I run into Guy from time to time and will be sure to mention this the next time I see him.

That is awesome! I bet that is some really cool footage.
    2012 Elite Answer Ninja 29.5/DL 62/DW
    Black Gold Flashpoint sight
    Rip Cord Code Red rest
    B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme Stab

S.K.A., thanks, I'd really appreciate that. He has no idea how grateful I really am to him for his help. One of the hunts was a trophy Dall sheep that I remember hanging on his wall, and the other was a caribou hunt. He had a full body mount done, and it sat in front of the picture window in his game room. Those are two of the few things I remember about his house. Needless to say, it was quite a pleasant shock for my father as well, seeing footage he had never seen before of grandpa hunting. I can say, two grown men had a few tears in their eyes as we watched the DVD. Greatest gift I have ever received, or ever could.

Redding, it was incredible. Seeing him take two trophy animals on that trip was incredible. Just seeing him on film was emotional enough, but watching him do what he loved best was truly a gift. That DVD is my most valuable possession now.

All I can say is "Wow!" That's awesome for them to do that. Love watching their shows
    Brian
    Mathews Z7 28/65#

North Dakota soon to be Coeur d' alene Idaho
    Those guys have always struck me as "real, stand-up people".
    If you are not living on the edge, you are simply taking up too much space!!