Thread: 2013 Bow Comparison Chart - Bear on Top

2013 Bow Comparison Chart - Bear on Top

I've shot the Bear Motive 6 a few times at our local shop. To be quite honest, I really like the bow but never considered buying it. After I shot it again, my curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see if I could find how to compared "by numbers" to the other flagship bows of 2013.

Now, I'm sure this chart is old news to most of you, but I just discovered it last night. Also, there may be some discrepancy as to how this chart got the numbers that it did - I do not know.

So, for you Motive 6 owners, how do you like your bow? With it being 32" a2a, do you use it for targets as well?

Any and all other conversation welcome as well.

Attachment 1662938
    2012 Lethal Force, CBE Tek Hunter Pro, QAD, BEA
    2013 XRing VI, CBE Tek Hybrid, ProV, BEA
    2013 XRing VII, CBE Tek Hybrid, QAD, GT
    Scott Longhorn/Little Goose, BStinger
    ST Mag, Rage Hypo, Killzone TT

For anyone who is wondering the speeds in that chart under max speed were from a measured 29" draw and 60# with 300 grain arrows and a brass nock on the string.

The average speed is because they shot a bunch of different arrow weights then averaged them.
    '13 DNA with Breathn threads
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin
    10" B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Backup/3d - '10 Bow Madness XL

Odd that the DNA isnt on that list. The motive 6 is nice though, I jusy need to stop being so biased against bear. They are doing some really neat stuff now.
    Ninja PSE DNA 60lbs. Axcel Armortech HD, QAD HDX, 10" Stokerized Hunter, 29" Injexion 330.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckA84 View Post
    For anyone who is wondering the speeds in that chart under max speed were from a measured 29" draw and 60# with 300 grain arrows and a brass nock on the string.

The average speed is because they shot a bunch of different arrow weights then averaged them.
    Thanks for sharing. I knew someone would have some info on how the numbers came about.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcnorth View Post
    Odd that the DNA isnt on that list. The motive 6 is nice though, I jusy need to stop being so biased against bear. They are doing some really neat stuff now.
    I didn't even realize that the DNA wasn't included. I bet it would be up there with the Bear. Still waiting on some Motive 6 owners to chime in.

this same chart was on here last week,, bear is only on top because the list is in alphabetical order,, it is not rated "on top" or as "#1" and the list is anything but a complete list so yall dont get worked up to much over it...... it is only a comparison between those bows listed

Quote Originally Posted by xman59 View Post
    this same chart was on here last week,, bear is only on top because the list is in alphabetical order,, it is not rated "on top" or as "#1" and the list is anything but a complete list so yall dont get worked up to much over it...... it is only a comparison between those bows listed
    Well, sorry for the double post. I looked for it on AT before posting, didn't see it. Thanks for the info.

no appology necessary,, it happens i wasn't trying to be crass or crude and i know some things are hard to search... just didnt want to see anyone get excited like they did last week...

Say it ain't so Dwight...Bear???

Even though the list is in alphabetical order, the Motive 6 still ranks best, averaged out by total rank of all the categories, of the bows on that chart.

I would still like to see more details on how the test was conducted, especially around the efficiency and vibration stuff, but that's just the engineer in my talking.
    Athens Factory Staff - N. KY/Cincinnati
    Nok'd Up Archery - Independence, KY
    M&M Archery - Independence, KY
    Athens Archery Stainless Steel Screw Kits
    Custom Decals, Stickers, Banners: Lowe Designs and Graphics on Facebook

It looks like bear is on top of this group using these numbers. Bear is looking good. It is just to hard to pay 900.00 for it. I guess old performance sticks in my mind, which is hard to get over.

They left a few of the most popular bows off that list. Elite Answer, DNA and Carbon Element!

Just like to shoot it, Todd lol...that's all ha ha

2013 Bow Comparison Chart - Bear on Top

Quote Originally Posted by mathewshooterxt View Post
    They left a few of the most popular bows off that list. Elite Answer, DNA and Carbon Element!
    This is a list from Arrow Trade Magazine. You can pull it up online for free and look at this months test. They are still going to test more bows this next month. It is just the first half of the test. The premise is that they are testing companies flagship bows for 2013 . Not just speed bows, or short bows, or even similar bows at all. Just what each company is considering its flagship for this year. It is not a head to head, but just a source for information for those who want it.
    Dirty North Archery

"If you shoot at a king you must kill him."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Prime Impact/Defy is also missing, which are some of the most popular 2013 models. Nothing against Bear, but I would not jump to conclusions from one chart...............
    "Reality is always your friend. The reason is almost a truism.......everything else is a fantasy." ~ Dr. Henry Cloud

I just took a quick look at the chart, but correct me if I'm wrong. Why wouldn't they compare the Motive 6 with other bows that have a 350 IBO speed rating?
    2014 Elite E35 70/28, Trophy Taker Smackdown, HHA slider sight, Beman Speed 300's, Bee Stinger Hunter Extreme Stabilizer.
    2014 Hoyt Faktor Turbo 69/28, QAD HDX rest, fuse carbon blade stabilizer. MBG Acsent 5-pin, Gold Tip Hunter XT 300s.

Quote Originally Posted by norsemen View Post
    I just took a quick look at the chart, but correct me if I'm wrong. Why wouldn't they compare the Motive 6 with other bows that have a 350 IBO speed rating?
    I agree with this, it would be interesting to see them grouped by brace height.

This is only a part one of 2 parts for the Evaluations of Flagship models for 2013.
    I am sure there will be other bows in the next Arrow Trade magazine.
    What I thought was interesting was the Motive 6 is rated at 350 like the Obsession Knightmare yet the Experiece and other models are rated slower but kept pretty good in speeds......
    New Breed Genetix- 60lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 282 FPS
    New Breed Eclipse- 65lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 291 FPS

Custom-Arrows. com , Carters Archery- "Get Crackerized" , Starrflight FOBs- "Fletchings Only Better"

motive 6 is nice no doubt, I like the bear carnage a lil bit better though but couldn't go wrong with either or...cant believe the DNA wasn't on there, that bow Is super super super smooth

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    motive 6 is nice no doubt, I like the bear carnage a lil bit better though but couldn't go wrong with either or...cant believe the DNA wasn't on there, that bow Is super super super smooth
    I am sure it will be on the part 2 test.....with a few others.
    New Breed Genetix- 60lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 282 FPS
    New Breed Eclipse- 65lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 291 FPS

Custom-Arrows. com , Carters Archery- "Get Crackerized" , Starrflight FOBs- "Fletchings Only Better"

that list is misleading for sure, Mathews creed is a nice bow ive heard, but I hear a lot of people saying its overated?? iis this true? im looking to buy a bow in a cpl months, and im trying to get the best bow for the money, anything around 400-700 bucks