a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am here for Oneida Bows

I am here for Oneida Bows

So far this forum has become very civil and respectful. I like that and find it now to be the best place to get information and help for this bow. As such I will not be on any other site forums. Pre 2001 Oneida bow designs are what I like to talk about and any modifications to those designs.

As many here have done over the years I have worked on these bows and have a good knowledge of them and I am very willing to share that knowledge as other here do.

If I can help just ask.

Bob

Glad to have you and your experience/knowledge Bob. I especially enjoy the bows you have converted to fast-flite cabling, as I (and probably others) would like to see more of your work in this facet of customization.
    Oneida Black Eagle ESC 65lbs/28DL, Steelforce Phathead 125

2009-2010 ArcheryTalk Deer Contest Champion team"The Autumn Assassins"
    2010-2011 ArcheryTalk Deer Contest Champion team "The Ridgetop Warriors"

Hello All
    Gad to see the thread. [ Later
    Knight Unk, Long live Mutants
    " Play " with archery.
    Don't let archery " Play " with you
    Think while practicing.
    Turn off thinker,while performing

Thanks guys. This has been a great week. 1st time Grampa and we have my son annd his spouse moved in and settled into their new home with a new baby boy. Now I have some free time (not much lol) To start having fun with lever bows again.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisAlpha View Post
    Thanks guys. This has been a great week. 1st time Grampa and we have my son annd his spouse moved in and settled into their new home with a new baby boy. Now I have some free time (not much lol) To start having fun with lever bows again.

Bob
    Excellent! Congrats on the Grandchild. Keep us informed and updated on your lever-bow projects when you get started.

Good to have ya here Bob. I just started shooting one of these bows again for bowfishing. Joe helped me get it back in order and its shooting great. Congrats on grandbaby as well!

Joe does an excellent job on these bows. There are a bunch here that understand them and can help with getting your DIY skills to a high level. Thank You for the congrats on the new Grandson.................be assured he will have a lever action bow to grow into.

I think we need folks to offer up shots of what they've done to their k-cams to accept fastflyte cables.

I've seen pics on the net, but if someone has done this themselves and can offer a bit of explanation, that would be awesome.

GA, thanks for what you bring to the mix.
    It's never really finished.

bowcycle, here are a couple of pictures of an lfm I did with FF power cables. Not tuff to do and just a few parts to make it work.

The pin anchor in the cam is made of a 2413 arrow insert with a string anchor held in place by a machine screw threaded the same as the insert. The assembly has a small filled recess to allow for the stock screw that would hold the swedged end on a normal setup.

You have to use a BE hinge so you can feed the ff cable and then I used a Kudlacek spreader to reduce the cable to run in the cam groves.

I am working on a kit now so that the BE hinge is not needed.

Hello All
    Interesting , thanks for shareing. [ Later
    " Play " with archery.
    Think while practicing.

I think the Kudlacek's are now doing these genesis spreaders. I like your version better, but guess they can both work the same way.

Any chance you can get a picture of the belly of that cam where the FF cables anchor? Also, did you not serve the cables at the cam?

My LFM still pulls the powers from below, so I think as long as I keep the machined ring around the pin in that anchor, I won't have to modify anything except the cam. I also won't need the spreader. That type of setup should work for every Oneida older than a BE.

Hello All
    Kudlacek's spreader's can also be used another way. When not using a short yoke . Just cross the cables. And there's is a X just above the round spreader spool. [ Later
    " Play " with archery.
    Think while practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I think the Kudlacek's are now doing these genesis spreaders. I like your version better, but guess they can both work the same way.

Any chance you can get a picture of the belly of that cam where the FF cables anchor? Also, did you not serve the cables at the cam?

My LFM still pulls the powers from below, so I think as long as I keep the machined ring around the pin in that anchor, I won't have to modify anything except the cam. I also won't need the spreader. That type of setup should work for every Oneida older than a BE.
    The reason it looks like there is no serve is because the serving material is the string material. Kind of a back serve after you do the loop. I find it does not fray like regular string serving and is much thinner so it tracks better in the groves.

You can still do a version with the bezel that sits under the limb of all k cam bows but I find the method I used controls limb lean better.

Those are Don Kudlacek spreaders as I use a lot of his systems on bow I build. I will try to get you a better picture of the cam.

Hey oneida experts, what's a clean falcon worth today?

$600 to $800 should be in the ball park, I have never shot one but I have been told they do mimic the Extreme in performance. Not an expert just enjoy this style of bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc da hunter View Post
    Hey oneida experts, what's a clean falcon worth today?
    Yep, they would be one of the more sought after models. Unlike most other models, they have an exposed timing cable (not in a riser tract), some folks think it makes the bow smoother and slightly faster to eleminate the friction from the timing cables rubbing the inside of the riser tract (hence the exposed nature of cable on this model).

Bob is correct $600.00 to $800.00 in good condition.

Seen one on eBay listed for 995.00 ended, no sale. One day I'm sure I'll see the right one.... No rush since I have other bows to shoot. Love to own a Falcon, Kestrel or Extreme for target shoot, which one would be your choice?

Out of the three having not shot two of the I would never turn down an extreme if the price is right. Bows were very smooth and seemed to hold there tune better than a few others. Just remember there is a dead spot between the 27" top end draw bow and the bottom end of the Med draw that will go to 28 inch lowest setting. They are two different bows (lf or Med lf or short lf, not sure of the name) for setup but hard to get a good fit between 27.5 and 28.5 on either bow.

The Kestral is just plain to much cost unless it is a lifer bow.

Falcons as I said would be along the same lines as an extreme.

I would probably go with the Extreme also (for target shooting), it is a longer tip to tip and thus more stable (as a rule of thumb). I have never shot a Falcon, but the draw cycle should be near the same as the extreme.

For hunting I would pick the Kestrel, if for nothing el the shorter tip to tip is easier to manage with a sit/climb treestand and the notorious railing that has plagued some of us fellow Oneida bow-hunters.

Simple enough! How about a Stealth with 5150 mod.?

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisAlpha View Post
    Those are Don Kudlacek spreaders as I use a lot of his systems on bow I build. I will try to get you a better picture of the cam.
    Hi there! a question related to this spreaders: Is it possible to use the stock yoke cable spreader using fast flite string? Seems to work on the same principle...

Also, I would like to understand the effects of longer or shorter yoke and/or power cables (and string if neccessary) in the draw cycle and draw length. Having the posibility of easily tweaking yoke and power cable lengths may prove beneficial, but I still don't understand how they affect draw properties in the Oneidas (it's simpler to understand the mechanics on the Monster lever-lever bows)

Regards,

I've never seen anyone use the original spreader with FF cables and I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't know it. I'd assume the plastic spreader without a "crossover point" just wouldn't hold the string well enough and would end up twisting sideways.

Hi Guys - some of you have been very generous educating me about Oneida bows - have yet another question as I move to getting my first target bow ... the folks at CPOneida advise me that their best current finger shooting bow is the Talon at 45.5" length - but used Pro Eagles come up every now & again at a similar length of 46" - I like the idea of the Talon being lighter & 50# is going to be fine to field shoot out to 90m - I have however seen little online info about Talon's being used for target work & several positive Pro eagle comments so I'm looking for some opinions & reasons - Thx - M.

The Talon is a very good shooting bow, there are a ton of them as well as the similar Osprey being used for bowfishing. It has a cast riser, so it is very light and is a good feeling bow.

I might get flamed for this, but if I was buying a talon for target shooting, I would still use a moderately arrow like an other Oneida and I personally would go with no more than 60# draw weight for that model for target shooting (60 lbs it an awesome weight for 3-D and 5-spots, not sure what kind of target shooting you are into).

just bought Oneida Aero force short model, string is in good condition, but however after bow season is over I want to change the strings out, can anyone help me with the process on choosing the right string, and changing it out correctly myself? I love my bow and I tuned it within 10 minuets and is fast than my fred bear XT lol, its an absolutely dream to shoot and I found my happy place, any help would be great
    Bear Truth 2~Sword Apex Hunter~WB~DCA arrows~RAGE
    Browning Ted Nugent Bloodbrother bow~Easton Classics~
    Elite Synergy(On the way )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast