Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am here for Oneida Bows

RW thanks for the post - max weight on the Talon medium (longest) is 55# so that should work quite well - as a finger shooter am going to go with a recurve rest/plunger set up & assess from there - will probably start with 8gpp & take it from there I think - M

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    just bought Oneida Aero force short model, string is in good condition, but however after bow season is over I want to change the strings out, can anyone help me with the process on choosing the right string, and changing it out correctly myself? I love my bow and I tuned it within 10 minuets and is fast than my fred bear XT lol, its an absolutely dream to shoot and I found my happy place, any help would be great
    Ditto !

I just bought an Aero-Force and want to know every thing I can to work on it and maximize it.
    Bowtech Destroyer 350 w/ Spott Hogg 5 pin sight, QAD Pro rest, B-Stinger Stab, Alpine Archery 3 quiver
    PSE X-Force Axe 6 w/ G5 XR sight, QAD Pro rest, AEP 11.5 Stab, Alpine Archery 5 quiver
    various others..... Stick bows as well. Including my favorites.. the Bear Grizzly Magnum and the Groves Target

redbone,
    Welcome to the family.
    We have some threads up already that answer questions on quieting these bows and rest and arrow preferences.
    After perusing those, if you have any questions, please ask away.
    It's never really finished.

redbone311 ask away lots of good people to help you here.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by redbone311 View Post
    Ditto !

I just bought an Aero-Force and want to know every thing I can to work on it and maximize it.
    I'm in the process of a complete Aeroforce rebuild. Ask away. I'll help where I can.
    Administrator for The DV Sanctuary, a non profit center supporting victims of Domestic Violence.
    Donations for sanctuary gladly accepted through PayPal = dvsanctuary@mail.com

This is my first Oneida!!!
    Okay I just bought a Tomcat (TCF1978) if I read the chart right it is a 1990. There is no center shot cut into the riser so I am taking sugestions as to how to set it up.

It is a med draw set at 29". It has K-Cams with Pink cable ends. The power limbs are 50-70# and I would like to cut these down to max out at ~60#. They apear to be wood laminate outboards and tapered glass power limbs. Also where can I get stainless hardware? Some looks new and some not. The cables look fine but what should I look for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Firenock on here could help you out with stainless hardware

Not stainless but titanium. You would be amazed how many screws are there. You are talking to a guy who has owned tomcat, X80, back eagle , discovery.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    Not stainless but titanium. You would be amazed how many screws are there. You are talking to a guy who has owned tomcat, X80, back eagle , discovery.
    What parts do you have in Titanium? I would love to see some images... Feel free to email if you like. keman@mail.com
    Administrator for The DV Sanctuary, a non profit center supporting victims of Domestic Violence.
    Donations for sanctuary gladly accepted through PayPal = dvsanctuary@mail.com

I have nearly every screw, most of them are in GR5 titanium which is 45% or less in weight and 186% in strength of tool steel. The run form $2.50 to $17.99 each. I do have complete set for Mathews chill and Creed as of today!

http://shop.firenock.com/Titanium-Up...t-Sets_c22.htm
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

To put the rubber bands on an old tomcat like on the new oneidas I need string buttons.
    I am not sure if that is what they are called but to make sure you know what I am talking about it is the guide that goes on the outside of the limbs and on the axil. They need to be alum, ty, or steel. Any ideas as to who makes them? I think martin used to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12