Darton SL8000? Old but good?

Thread: Darton SL8000? Old but good?

Question Darton SL8000? Old but good?

Hello everyone, Well the other day at a swap meet, I ran across a beautiful vintage compound bow, stained wood and in great shape. Unfortunately it was $60 and I decided to see what else I actually NEEDED for my car before I blew a lot of money on the bow. By the time I came back around, it was gone. Well I have since learned that it was a Darton Compound Bow SL8000. I have found another online for cheaper than that and still in good shape. Length is 33" with a draw weight of between 50-70lbs. You guys think this would be a good bow to re-learn on? I love the vintage look, and won't be doing anything serious with it, just shooting targets and such in my backyard. After I get used to this I would like to try my hand at a recurve or longbow, but that is in the future when I have a little more money. A few of my friends have more modern compound bows, but I like the look of this one and always up for more of a challenge. I hear a lot of people say it's 95% skill, 5% equipment! Let me know! Thanks guys!

The SL8000 would had have been the target bow of choice back in the day.
    Being as im bow crazy I would have bought it for a great fun bow!
    It would be a great bow for a great price for getting back into archery.
    Hone the skills on it while saving for a DS 4500 or a DS 3800 or similar.
    Great bow for the money in my opinion.

Cheers and good shooting!

Shawn
    Darton Pro Staff

Thank you for the reply! Since it can be dialed in on both pull length and weight, I figured why the hell not? I was just checking to see if someone who knew anything about it could give me some light.
    I'll be buying this then to rehone my skills before I put money into something better. Besides, it's always great to have a nice looking 'beater' in any hobby haha.

Darton Pro Staff