Archery Talk Forum banner

Lets Talk TURBONOCKS.

13K views 62 replies 14 participants last post by  JNagel86 
#1 ·
Hi ! Nick Snook here!(turbonockguy) If you want to talk about our products or need help with setups. you can post here. I will try to check this daily.

#2 ·
Just installed the dozen stealths you sent me last week earlier today, hope to get some shooting in this week since the rain has finally let up.I'll say one thing that was super easy installation, did all twelve faster than i could have fletched two arrows.

#12 ·
I have some Stealths, Vortex, and T-4 nocks that have a glow in the dark material in the plastic, They are not as bright as the electric lights that insert in nocks. They do give off a soft green glow that can be seen quite well in low light. They only need sunlight to recharge. You can also quick charge them with a small led flashlight by shining the light on them for about 1 minute.
I have a very limited supply . If you want to try some. place an order and there is a request box - just ask for the glow in the dark.

#18 ·
yup right at the arrow. makes for a intresting arrow flight when the nock snaps about 3 ft infront of the bow then its a bare shaft show. I had 2 break in 6 shots and dicided to look elsewhere. Shooting fobs now to no issues other then broken fobs. LOL I like group shooting at 60-70-80

#20 · (Edited)
Line
Technology Electronic device

Over the past few weeks I have seen a good bit of disbelief about our products, much like ten years ago when I first invented them. Seems like a new generation of negativity has grown up on archery talk.
I keep seeing the same issues as in the past coming up. The same questions, the same misconceptions ! I have been trying to figure a way to show how the extreme rotation of the Turbonock can be a benefit to hunters. and I think I finally have. Yesterday I took two arrows both with 55 gr. High Country broadheads. one with a Bohning nock and Blazers, the other with the TURBONOCK STEALTH. I shot them through a piece of 3/4 inch insulation foam to see if a difference in the wound generated could be seen. It can. I made a poster and put a bright light behind the foam insulation so you can see the damage each arrow did passing through the foam.
This gave me another idea. I built some boxes out of the foam and am going to fill them with colored water, then film shooting several arrows through the boxes ( see poster) I am going to use two cameras so you will be able to see the entrance and the exit wound on the boxes. I will be doing the shooting myself rather than use a shooting maching since is seems a good many archers on this site do not believe in shooting machines! go figure??? I know that the box is not an animal but I do think the video will give some insight into just what high rotating broadheads do. and also what additional damage the Turbonock does on a pass through. It is raining now in NH but as soon as the weather clears we are going to do the test shoot and post it here on Archery Talk.
I hope this video will attract a few brave souls to at least give our nocks a try. There are openings now on TEAM TURBONOCK and we are looking for hunters to try our new STEALTH and VORTEX this coming hunting season. If you have an interest private message me for details.

NOTE!!
I am not putting down blazers in this test. They are probably the best fletch there is for hunting. I am also testing blazers with the T-4 nock to show what our nock can do for fletched setups.
Years ago I had a problem when I posted a video showing the difference ibetween our product and FOBs . The FOBs are a good product. The TURBONOCKs just do something other fletching systems can not do.
They mechanically stabilize you arrow instantly rather that using wind resistance the twist in the nock spins the arrow,just like rifling spins a bullet. Hmmmm! nobody fletches bullets? why?

#21 ·
Spin testing Turbonocks
There has been some concern that the new textured ends on the Stealth, Vortex, and T-6 nocks , because they do not fit tight like press in nocks will not center in the shaft and be unstable.
In this video I put all the nocks through a spin checking tool. you can see for yourself.
In one instance I spin an arrow with a wrap, and even the small change in the arrow surface shows up on the spin test tool.
The reason for the Textured end on the nocks is to allow space for the nocks to develop a secure bond with the inside of the arrow shaft.
This insures the nock does what it is supposed to do. -transfer the rotation to the arrow and also stay on the arrow as it passes through an animal causing additional wound damage.

#30 ·

This is some raw video from one camera. We are doing some experiments with turbonocks and broadheads shooting through a liquid filled 3/4 inch styrafoam box. The first test shots are quite revealing! This is a view of the VORTEX doing what it does. The final video will have two camera angles of each test shot and also a test with an arrow using the same broadheads and blazer vanes and a straight nock.
I just wanted to post this first test . I is quite dramatic. I could not believe the splatter on the back target and will post a still photo of it.

#32 ·

This is the same shot from the front camera.
We used a small 55grain broadhead for this shot even though we recommend only mechanicals for the VORTEX. Since the blades of the broadhead are smaller than the VORTEX vanes it flies fine.
We are going to do this test with all the turbonock products and also an arrow with blazer vanes and a conventional nock to show a comparison of wounds.

#34 ·
Here is a new video with shooting by Mikayla Corrigan.
TURBONOCKS teamed up with a Whisker Biscuit make a great youth set up (grown up too!)
The arrow can not fall off the rest and the TURBONOCK'S nylon vanes do not wear out, or loose speed passing through the whisker.

#36 ·
YES!! The video just before you posted the young Mikyla Corrigan is shooting with a whisker.
The nice thing about the Stealth and Vortex nocks are that they are made of nylon just like the Whisker Biscuit Bristles and the Turbonock passes through a whisker biscuit with virtually no speed loss and no vane wear.
Here is an experiment I did several years ago with a Whisker Biscuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.