Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Sentinel ?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lost american 
#1 ·
i have been looking at a 09 Bowtech Sentinel but i have read about issues with the bow i was wondering can i order from bowtech and install the FLX cable guard thats on the 2010 bow to an 09 Bowtech Sentinel thanks

#2 ·
you cant install the flx on the 2009. thats what pissed so many people off. first bowtech said it had no desighn failure then in 2010 they put the flx on it to fix the problem and made it so you cant update the 2009. i converted to a shoot through system. there are two custom shoot through 2009 sentinels on german ebay if interested.

#3 ·
i just got off the phone with bow tech customer support they told me there is no problem tuning the bow. that the bows are designed to have some cam lean. so if there was no problem why change to the flx and no there is no conversion to the flx cable guard :sad:. wow it pays to reasearch before you buy and its a shame i had an 08 commander and LOVED it i regret ever selling it. now bowtech bows limbs blow apart, bows with severe cam lean, finish that flakes. off sounds like quality control is not a priority

#4 ·
its not the cam lean, the problem is tourqe. it is so bad on the 2009´s that it bends the riser. the 2009 center piviots are untuneable. allot of people and bowtech say this is not true. if you dont believe me try for yourself is all i can say. on the other side if you get ahold of one that has been converted to a shoot through system it is one awsome bow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.