Thread: Main Street Crossbows vs Bass Pro and Cabela's

Main Street Crossbows vs Bass Pro and Cabela's

George owner of MSC help me so much to get a foot hold on this new hobby. He put together a SK 380 package for me and it has been a remarkable piece to shoot and enjoy. Being a complete rooking into the world of crossbows he has become a friend and I would be hard pressed to find anyone in my life that gives the customer service he has provided me. Cutting years off my learning curve and in doing so has saved me a lot of money. Always has time for my questions or returns a phone call when I need has advise.

In getting started I bought maybe 30-40 arrows/bolts from Bass Pro or Cabela's. A few would fly right on the mark while most would be out of the kill zone no mater how many times I would shoot them. He asked me if I would like for him to build me some of his custom ones and I was all over that idea. I know he is not in the arrow building business, but when someone buys a crossbow from him he will do this as part of being one of his customers. All the pictures are at 23 yards. The first one is with the 'store bought' arrows and the second are the ones he built for me. (If they upload in the order I put them in.) The first picture was taken in no wind conditions while the others he built were in winds of 22 mph. I did one adjustment after he sent them to me on my scope and that was all.

I will include a third picture for this and it is a 6 pack of Accustrike Octane that he also sent me to test for him. These are on the Spyder Web (heart/lung) target he also had shipped to me. I spent a long switching the tips get them to shoot like in the picture. They get kind of close to accuracy of his, but it took a lot of shots and changes to get them to preform this well. The one in the center was shot at the right top part of the target first and was low-left so after I finished I re-shot it at the center of the target and again it came up low and to the left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can vouch for Mainstreet also. He works through you with whatever bow fits you. Always there if you have a question and is aways checking to make sure the package made it to your door. Top notch dealer for sure.

George is definitely Top Shelf Uncle Ben !!!
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, Hawke
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

George is such a great person and service is awesome. What the world needs are more people like George. It sure is nice to talk with someone like him, it'd be nice to have local shops with his kind of service. He has an airboat redfishing offer if he can make it to n central Florida after hunting season.
    Scorpyd Ventilator. Black eagle Exe. Vortex. G5 T3. Mainstreet Crossbows.
    Bow tech Invasion

Hey sounds like a great shop. Does anyone have a website or a link to the website? tried search for Mainstreet Crossbows... can't find it...

He is the man and a few of us are going down to see him and eat dinner here before hunting season comes in. Get ready George!!

No web Guys Im Rouge and Undercover.

George is the man I would reccomend him to anyone .he sure knows his stuff always a pleasure to deal with George is top notch

Pizza boy is a good man to deal with
    Mainstreet 405/330
    Hawke XB30 Compact
    Matrix 380
    Hawke XB30 Pro

George is top notch, he as well as a few members on AT have taught me a lot about Scorpyd crossbows. I for one have no use for the so called Scorpyd warranty. I will continue to shoot Scorpyd but will never purchase another new bow from them. I am a firm believer of the old saying of burn me once shame on you and burn me twice shame on me.
    For you guy's who are concerned about a warranty beware. What the warranty say's on paper and what the definition of management is two different dogs.
    If a man built it a man can repair and improve it. George is the one reason I'm still shooting Scorpyd products. He still cares about his customers.

Big G is the man! He has a level of ethics that almost doesn't exist today.

Eric
    Nock down - Drag out!
    Obsession Phoenix, Sword Twilight Hunter, QAD HDX, GT5595
    Strykezone 350, XB30 compact, DCA 20" arrows
    Scorpyd Ventilator 150, Hawke 1.5x5x32 SR, BEE 22" w/Q nocks
    Show up on time, do your best, don't grumble about the outcome.

I have ... a hard time dealing with Cabelas/Bass Pro being used in the same sentence with George from Mainstreet. It's like Obama & Reagan in the same sentence ... LOL Which one would you want watching YOUR wallet?
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

I don't get on the forum as much being out here in the Middle East but I am glad that George is continuing to excel after all of the things I taught him and is able to step in for me while I am on my 7 month hiatus . Nah, George is great and will always take care of another fellow crossbow guy whether they are new or as old as some that we have on here. Keep it up my OLD friend .
    Strykezone 380 Vortex Razor HD 1x4 FFP
    Native Crossbows Rampage with Hawke XB30
    Middleton DTM SS 355 with Hawke XB30
    Middleton DTM SS 315 with Hawke 1.5x5 Illuminated

you called George old !!!
    Hope your doing good over there Wes, !
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, Hawke
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

George has been taking great care of me as well. With my lack of knowledge he s been great to deal with!
    Mathews Z7Xtreme, 63lbs, 27 1/2 Spot Hogg sight, QAD Ultra rest, Tru Ball 4 finger Boss X. FMJs