a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: What arrows for a 30# Samick Journey?

What arrows for a 30# Samick Journey?

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone owning a Samick Journey with 30# limbs has properly tuned his bow and can give advice on what arrows he's using?

I've had good sucess with 1716 and 1813 aluminums in my 30# sage

I'm on a 35# Journey. My local dealer set me up on some Carbon Express Predator II 2040s with feather fletchings. I'm too inexperienced to know better from worse, but they seem consistent to me.

What arrows for a 30# Samick Journey?

Currently shooting Victory VForce V3 600's with a 125gr field tip with my 30# Sage.

Hi! Thanks for all the responses. I was also set up with Carbon Express Predator II 2040's and they seem ok to me. I am also inexperienced and really haven't tried other spine/head combinations to have a point of reference.

I use Beman Center Shot 500's on my 35# Journey.
    Hoyt Vector 32 29.5" draw 65#, QAD HDX, Copper John Dead Nuts III, B-Stinger
    Mathews Solo Cam FX 29.5" draw 70# (Ol' Faithful), Rip-Cord CR, Apex 3 pin, 8" stab

Samick Journey TD Recurve

I have a 30# sage and my arrow selection is different due to my draw length. That might change things for you as well if you are lower or greater than the standard 28"
    Hoyt Rampage XT 50#
    Samick Sage 30#/40#
    Ragim Squirrel 40#

I was using 3 Rivers Traditional Only. After loosing a few to breakage I decided to try Beman. The Beman Centershot 500 is a nice arrow. My local archery shop double checked my draw length and made the arrows.

I use these arrows on my prostyle and polaris.

There's no set arrow spine for a particular bow. It all depends upon the actual draw weight and the length of the arrow. Here's the best chart of found regarding this: http://www.3riversarchery.com/pdf/ArrowCharts.pdf