a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Pse Omen Max

2013 Pse Omen Max

I want to know what the Pse Nations thoughts are on the new Omen Max. I have one coming for me. I shot the 60 pounder at the ATA show and I really liked it. Thanks for your time guys. This is a pic of what I have on the way.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by todd39; May 19th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES,LLC
    AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR: ELITE ARCHERY, OBSESSION BOWS, ATHENS, BLACK GOLD, SWORD, SPOT HOGG, CARTER, TRUFIRE, SCOTT, CBE, EASTON, BLACK EAGLE, TROPHYTAKER, VAPORTRAIL, RIPCORD, QAD, STOKERIZED, DCAP, RINEHART, TREELIMB, TIGHTSPOT, ASAT CAMO, GRIM REAPER, SCENT LOK, PREDATOR CAMO ETC, HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

I love mine. At 52-53lbs and 29.5 draw it's slingin' a 312gr arrow 323fps. Easy to draw and very quiet to boot.
    Road Crew Pro Staff
    I shoot bows

Great stuff. Very powerfull bow, if I had gotten a bow purely for hunting and not 3D / indoor, I'd have taken the Omen over the Evo.

Just keep strong at full draw and it'll get the job done. There are very few downsides to the Omen I've found. It's just a horrid bow to over-bow yourself with. If you are experienced and can handle a more unforgiving bow, the Omen is the best most powerfull bow out there. Along with the MR5 and XLR8 that is, I must admit those are awesome as well.

Love the all black, it is what I chose for my Evo as well. If you shoot it 60#, get a fairly stiff 340 spine for it. 400 in my opinion (shot it 28" 62# and 28.5 60#) was not stiff enough. 400 spine worked fine for 55# though. (27.25 arrow length, 28.6 drawlenght at 55#)

Mine is on layaway and I get to shoot it at the shop until paid off....I love this bow! Mine is black riser with skullworks limbs.
    He who can convice himself that he cannot better himself is the worlds best conman.
    Life without hunting & fishing is death...........I'm not a magician I'm a technician.........

Lets see some pics when you get it, thanks guys!
    AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR: ELITE ARCHERY, OBSESSION BOWS, ATHENS, BLACK GOLD, SWORD, SPOT HOGG, CARTER, TRUFIRE, SCOTT, CBE, EASTON, BLACK EAGLE, TROPHYTAKER, VAPORTRAIL, RIPCORD, QAD, STOKERIZED, DCAP, RINEHART, TREELIMB, TIGHTSPOT, ASAT CAMO, GRIM REAPER, SCENT LOK, PREDATOR CAMO ETC, HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

2013 Pse Omen Max

I keep thinking about getting one
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Get on from Scottie/Pa he is top notch
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtVL View Post
    I keep thinking about getting one

I love mine! I am shooting 28" and 73 lbs of draw. I am shooting a Goldtip Kinetic 300 weighing 440 grains at 306 fps! I love it! It is going to be a pile driver on the elk here in Utah!

I have had my omen max for six months now, and I have it up for sale. Love the bow, I just have to many and need to sell. Cant understand why it is not selling. Then again there are a lot of bows not selling. Great bow and very fast.
    Hoyt 015 Anodized Brown Nitrum on order, Obsession 015 Evolution on order, Hoyt 014 Camo CST,
    Mathews 014 Chill R Camo
    Elite 013 Red Answer, Elite 013 Pulse Camo

You are right, for whatever reason bows are not selling on A/T like they normally do
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    I have had my omen max for six months now, and I have it up for sale. Love the bow, I just have to many and need to sell. Cant understand why it is not selling. Then again there are a lot of bows not selling. Great bow and very fast.

What is the draw cycle like?

Quote Originally Posted by todd39 View Post
    You are right, for whatever reason bows are not selling on A/T like they normally do
    In a few weeks or less it will be picking back up.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME, BowMadness 34, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Draw cycle for me is a little different. I shoot 52lbs, the draw is smooth except for a slight hump in the middle. The back wall holds and the bow is dead on. I find if you make a steady draw pull it is not bad at all. My remarks are pretty common with all that shoot it. I bought it for speed and at 52lbs at 27" I was shooting it at 317 fps. A well made bow for the money.
    Hoyt 015 Anodized Brown Nitrum on order, Obsession 015 Evolution on order, Hoyt 014 Camo CST,
    Mathews 014 Chill R Camo

2013 Pse Omen Max

Great bows!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    E35
    Qad HDX rest-Spot Hogg sight
    Stinger stabilizer-Scott release

Triumph..

I just bought a 60#, 29" DL Omen Max.. At 52#'s and 27" DL, are your shooting a 400 spine arrow? Do I need a 400 or 350 spine for my 60#er? All the charts I've seen show I can shoot a 400 spine, but with the aggressive cams and IBO of 366 fps, Im thinking I should shoot a 350. I want to maximize as much speed possible outta this bow. Any Arrow recommendations?

corps2010 I would go with a GT Ultralight pro 300 if I was you...
    15 PSE Decree #70 27" DL
    08 PSE Money Maker X LF # 70 27"DL
    07 PSE X-Force HF 6 #70 26"DL
    Vortex Razor 10x42
    GT Ultra light pro 300-400 GT Pro X-Cutter GT Kinetic XT 300

I am shooting 500s right now but as the chart shows 400s is right on the edge. In fact just picked up 400s to give a try. Better stiffer than less.
    Good luck
    Mathews 014 Chill R Camo

5 1/2" brace?
    Are you kidding me?

I can see a bunch of wounded animals with that thing.

It reminds me of the little kiddies out of highschool where mommy and daddy bought them a Viper for graduation. Weeks later it's totaled.

It's all about speed but speed doesn't work in the field or on the 3-D course.

Just sayin'
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

Yet for an experienced short draw shooter an MR5 might work very well and get him / her the speeds the 30" drawlenght guys are getting, which is kind of big deal in 3D. (well, not really, but it does help if you didn't judge it right)

The Omen is no different, 27" draw, 5.5" brace and 32.5 AtA sounds just fine to me. Like I said before, the Omen is somewhat unforgiving, it's an awefull choice to overbow yourself with, but if you have a solid form and aim, 5.5" brace doesn't matter much, especially at shorter draws.

Additionally, going from 6" Brace to 8" for indoor can really help give peace of mind.

I do agree with you though, speed isn't really such a big factor in hunts, accuracy is much more important, it's all about shot placement and timing. The "speed kills" title of the DVD that comes with PSE bows is a bit silly...

Quote Originally Posted by threetoe View Post
    5 1/2" brace?
    Are you kidding me?

It reminds me of the little kiddies out of highschool where mommy and daddy bought them a Viper for graduation. Weeks later it's totaled.

Just sayin'
    Obviously coming from someone who's never shot the Omen. Why are you even posting on this thread?
    Road Crew Pro Staff
    I shoot bows

Quote Originally Posted by threetoe View Post
    5 1/2" brace?
    Are you kidding me?

Just sayin'
    You have all the spec's but have you shot the Omen. I don't think so.
    Mathews 014 Chill R Camo

500.00 for my 013 omen pm me.
    Mathews 014 Chill R Camo

By the way it just sold. Finally
    Mathews 014 Chill R Camo

2013 Pse Omen Max

By the way it just sold. Finally
    Holy smokes that's a steal of a price, I was looking at it but well I needed a longer DL
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

I never thought it would go. Maybe the 27" hurt me with the sale.
    Mathews 014 Chill R Camo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast