Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what does archery do for you?

what does archery do for you?

What does archery do for you?For me its a hobby,a stress releaver something to look forward to,a past time to spend time outdoors with my son.Something to work for,something to look forward to do.It is one thing I think about,I enjoy a true Passion that brings joy.

Evolution☆Stormy hardwoods☆27", 58.4lbs ,holding 9.8lbs,334gr at 293fps loaded string Breathn!

Archery all brands,fan boys aside is why were all on this site.I've disagreed with many,agreed with many but all aside,you are on this SITE for one reason only,because a bow(compound,grad,cross) what does it mean to YOU?Besides family and friends I like/love enjoy shooting a bow.I might be over thinking but it is one of the things in life I truly enjoy and can't see living without.So I ask,what does archery mean to you?Not trying to get all sympathetic but shooting my bow does and means allot to me.Long days at work,bills ect.Shooting is a way to simply enjoy the smaller things in life.Guess I'm a bow junky,a addict but I can't see myself not shooting?
    Evolution☆Stormy hardwoods☆27", 58.4lbs ,holding 9.8lbs,334gr at 293fps loaded string Breathn!

It gives me something to talk about on AT. DUH!
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Lol I forgot AT needs something!Should of just asked,what bow is best?who makes the best strings?How's my form?Or does this bow make my ***** look fat?Joking aside is it just a hobby?Or does it help in other ways?I.E. stress,work for something,family past time,feed your family,or a simple joy?

Lightens my wallet. Because sometimes it's just too heavy.

It was a great distraction for me when I was preparing to test for my 2nd degree black belt. When you focus everything into a goal you go a little mad so it was nice to have a hobby to take my mind off things. I just shoot for fun. With how much money I blew on archery this past year you might think differently though.

I agree^^^^^ it surely lightend my bill fold for sure!If my wife adks tho,its a one and done,by once and it lasts a lifetime!jking she's sees are account and the numerous archery sites,eBay,paypal bills:-) but hey,its cheaper than crack right?:-)

It keeps me very humble and like others have said, a little lighter in the wallet. Great stress reliever if I don't take myself too dam seriously.
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 / RT Xtra / 29.5"@60#
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite / Blackout / 29.5"@60#
    2014 Mathews Chill X / Lost Camo / 29.5"@70#/85%RM (Soon to be looking for a new home!)

When I started it just was something I did with my dad, now it's something I do with my kids, friends, it's my escape from the real world. When I'm shooting I'm not thinking about work, bills, the inlaws, am I going to be able to pick up a shift of OT this week, and so on, it's just me, my bow, and the target. It's a zen like moment in a day full of mayhem. I'm not a big drinker and don't touch drugs so I guess this is my way to get it out (my father always said "a drinking fool is the devils tool" and yes it was usually after he had a few beers.

Archery gives me a retreat.

Archery talk gives me the lolz.

My archery is about all I have in life. It's what I do to help keep my strength up, keeps my mind going by tuning, tweaking, shooting, trying different things, etc.

It's also the way I help keep my reading and typing skills up.....by being on ArcheryTalk. Love to correlate with others and learn new things, as well as pass along new data and ideas.

However, it all boils down to bowhunting and putting meat in the freezer. If it were not for that, then I wouldn't even be into archery at all.

All year long I practice in preparation for fall time hunting. Nothing do I enjoy more than my bowhunting.

Happy Shooting.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

If I didn't have archery I would have a lot more cash in the "momma don't know" account!

Well, I had to give up golf.... but not archery. It is something that intrigues me and has its way of becomming addictive. I love to be competitive, alway was and hope always will be and it lets me get outside and away from my easel. I've shot a bow, on and off all my life and the flight of the arrow is great to watch. You can't see the bullet from a gun but you can see the arrow and see it after it hits the target. I hunted small game including wild hogs when I was young and there is a special thrill when you bring home the meat, moreso than with a scoped sniper rifle. For me, its an outside thrilling event that not only gives me the upper body exercize I need but it challanges me to constantly improve.....
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

I simply enjoy shooting my bow and appreciate the accuracy that can be obtained...I think that's the part that keeps me shooting.....the search for that repeated accuracy of 60 arrows in a 1-1/8" circle.

I just enjoy shooting and the friends I have made in the sport. It is a fairly inexpensive sport compared to others once you have the equipment. It's a hobby that I can do most of my life
    Mathews ultramax 26'' draw 55 lbs hunting
    Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus target BHFS style
    Been out of archery a long time just starting to get back into Miss shooting with friends.
    This is archery country on a quiet night you can hear a gun rust

Quote Originally Posted by AK&HIboy View Post
    Lol I forgot AT needs something!Should of just asked,what bow is best?who makes the best strings?How's my form?Or does this bow make my ***** look fat?Joking aside is it just a hobby?Or does it help in other ways?I.E. stress,work for something,family past time,feed your family,or a simple joy?
    It's a hobby, a passtime and such. Sure. Has been for a long time. I don't hunt as much as I once did. But I still shoot a lot, probably more than when I first started bowhunting.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

It gives me a reason to hunt. I use to hunt some when I was younger and I just didn't love it and as I grew older didn't go hardly at all but would from time to time. I'm a huge outdoors guy and couldn't figure out why I didn't like hunting that well. Well I got my answer 4years ago when I picked up my first bow and smoked my first deer. I was simply missing the excitement due to lack of competition it took to take game while hunting. There's nothing like smoking deer at 15 yards.

It enables me to watch how animals move and react to different things. That's why I hardly gun hunt anymore. With a gun the deer walks out, you shoot, deer falls, game over. With a bow you have to be extremely patient with your shots, therefore allowing you to observe more. Carrying a bow prolongs the experience...and in the end, to me, that's what it's all about.
    '12 Mathews Helim/'14 Elite Energy 35
    DCA Hunter 400's
    Apex Gamechanger/Trophy Ridge React One
    Vital X Magnix/D.O.A
    Rage Hypodermic

At first, it was a means to shoot with reusable ammo and not needing a 100yd range + backstop. Now it's turned into an alternative to taking the shotgun into the woods, a new hobby that get's me in the woods with 3-D and a winter hobby with indoor spots.

It is the cheapest psychiatrist i could find.....

Gives me something to do, something to enjoy, something to tinker with, to push myself and compete with myself all at the house. Hopefully will give me something to share with the kids.

Great physical therapy, all the shooting (practice shooting), walking, climbing with my climbing stand and best of all is watching the Sun come up, I love it. My son who is 28 also hunts with me a lot and I enjoy time hunting with him very much. I hope I can do this for many more years.
    Mathews Z7, QAD HDX, Axis 400 Arrows
    Scott Sabertooth, Slick Trick Broadheads
    Bear Kodiak Magnum Recurve

It started as a fun hobby to pass time and grew into my retreat and stress reliever. Now it is the oppurtunity to into to the lives of our community. To reach children, teens, and adults for God and introduce them to the greatest sport, archery. God, Family, Archery!!!
    Mineral Baptist Church Archery Coordinator

For me, being so new to the sport, part of it is life experience. I've done a lot of sports over the years but as I get older and injuries start to catch up, I'm finding archery as another sport to keep me active and a little competitive. It's relaxing...most of the time, and just one more thing my wife and I can do together.

It is a great way to spend time with the family. I just enjoy shooting, tweeking and working on my bows. I also enjoy filling the freezer every winter with venison. Getting out in the woods, enjoying nature and harvesting game is one of the best ways to pass time. Much better than sitting in front of the TV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast