Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d Heroes?

3d Heroes?

I'm just curious to see who everyone looked up to in the 3d world of archery as kind of their idol or hero? I can remember my dad taking me to shoots at an early age, and all everyone was talking about was Randy Chappell. This was in the 90s but Ive always kind of looked at him like a "legend" in my archery world. Who was everyone else's?

Re: 3d Heroes?

Shannon Caudle is the first that comes to mind.

I had a crush on Sherry Barnes back in the day!

Had a crush on kim kerns
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Randy Ulmer

Burley hall, Randy Ulmer, Frank pearson .

Wayne Nobles, Scott Schultz, Randy Ulmer, Burley Hall, Jackie Caudle. They were all top shooters when I began competing in 3D. Always enjoyed reading about their shooting and the equipment they used. I got to talk to Scott Schultz a lot and he was a wealth of knowledge. But I think Randy Ulmer has to be one of the most analytical shooters ever.
    Darton bows, Extreme Stabilization stabilizers, Bodoodle rest, Black Eagle arrows, Sword sights, 60X strings.

My oldest likes to watch Levi, Jeff Hopkins, but now he want to watch Jacob and Ty cause they are closer in age to him.
    06' Hoyt Ultra Elite
    13' Mathews Monster Chill (Son's)
    13' Bear Apprentice 2 (Son's)
    Mathews Genesis (Son's)

Sagecreek

Yeah, I remember seeing Randy and Sonny Chappel in Robby's. That was pretty cool. Randy Hendrix from watching Buck Masters.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

I guess the guys I look up to the most now would either be Levi Morgan or Nathan Brooks. Luckily we have BowJunky now and I can watch these guys more often.

Burley Hall and Ulmer

My Hero's are Mike & Susan Davis, terriffic shooters and very humble as well. Susan and Mike are great coaches and have helped me a lot over the years.
    We're all getting older and they have had some health issues in the past years but, they still are great embassadors for the sport.

They always help out in the shop when they are here.
    Love them both!!
    The Original Bling Sling. www.hnsarchery.com
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

I don't think I gave them Hero status, but lots of respect. Randy Ulmer, Jeff Hopkins, Jack Wallace, Jackie Caudle, Ginger Moorehead.
    Of course, when growing up in my early teens, we had American Sportsman and Fred Bear was the man.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Burley Hall and Dick Forte
    2014 PSE Dominator 3D- Hamskea Versa Rest, CBE, BEA Magnums, Carter
    2014 PSE DNA SP
    2014 PSE Dominator Max
    C&M Closeout & Archery
    "Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today!" -James Dean

All of em. I have never been the type to be a fan of one or two no matter if we are talking Football, Nascar, Baseball. I just enjoy the sport overall. I get the biggest kick when an underdog comes forth and slays the giants. I guess Im a fan of the up an comer / risk takers. Like the ASA 2011 Classic.
    Hallsway to the Outdoors

When I was young I shot at Larry Davis's shop. That guy was a heck of a shot
    Chillx AT desert tac

3d Heroes?

Without a question, Dr. Randy Ulmer. Getting to watch him in a shoot off at the Indoor Nationals was the highlight of my year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    pinehillarcheryclub.org

Winning Season Bowstrings

Good Shooting - Jeremiah

Wise county Virginia. The best small town in the world!!
    3D archery is my life its my passion and they are plenty that i admire such as levi, Jacob etc. but the only competive 3D archer i look up to well thats easy my Son Chase. A 14 yr old as mature as a 30 yr old. Even though he has yet to shoot my scores yet his abilitys far out weigh my own. always a smile after ever shot and is cool as ice on the course...yeah hes my 3D hero

I've only been doing this stuff for about 5 years, and obviously levi is a very talented archer, but I would say I look up to Nathan Brooks or Dan McCarthy the most. But in the pro class, they are ALL awesome and great shooters. It's a flip of a quarter who will win.
    Mathews Apex 7 blackout
    Scott Black Hole III/Scott longhorn 4 finger
    Easton stabilization
    Victory X-Ringers
    Sure loc staff shooter

I can remember watching Randy Ulmer, David Stepp, Shanom Caudle, Johny Heath, Allen Conners and others in the shoot offs in the 90's those guys could shoot. Also remember when David Stepp lost the classic to Shannon Caudle and the shooter of the year to Allen Conners in a shoot off.

Burley Hall and most of the other Pro`s back in the early 90`s come to mind. They all shot great.

Quote Originally Posted by tmorelli View Post
    Shannon Caudle is the first that comes to mind.
    There is no telling what Shannon would have accomplished if he would have continued in archery.

Larry Weir was awesome as well.
    Hoyt National Shooting Staff
    Carbon Express Pro Staff
    Stone Mountain Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Tru Ball Shooting Staff
    ASA Texas State Director

Quote Originally Posted by Tallcatt View Post
    There is no telling what Shannon would have accomplished if he would have continued in archery.
    There's no telling what he's accomplished by leaving it too

Quote Originally Posted by tmorelli View Post
    There's no telling what he's accomplished by leaving it too
    So very true. I attended a prayer service that Shannon preached at Jackie's deer hunt in Alabama. He is a great preacher. I know he has touched a lot of lives.
    Hoyt National Shooting Staff
    Carbon Express Pro Staff
    Stone Mountain Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Tru Ball Shooting Staff
    ASA Texas State Director

Burley Hall, Randy Ulmer, and Randy Chappell. Shot with Chappell when he shot the first perfect score in IBO history at Bedford In. Amazing archer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast